Question for authors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've had a new fic rolling around in my head lately. I haven't written anything down yet. Do you write more than 1 fic at a time? Do you focus on just the one until t is done? And have you posted more than 1 if you do work on 2 at once?

Trying to decide if I want to add more to my plate and start writing and posting the new one.

I usually write whatever I want to write; it's bad not to. But I have some unfinished stuff on the side, different genre fanfic and some original stuff I stopped writing a couple years ago, and one story I'm brainstorming for a very long time.

An Cat Dubh's the only one I've done that's U2 fic; I haven't posted more than one story on this forum per se. I have done so for other stories on Deviantart, though; I tend to do long stories and short ones at once :)

If you do start another, just don't abandon the first one (please!) That's the biggest mistake that can happen.

Oh no. I still have too much to do with it. They are moderately similar (you know, love triangles). Little less angst. And this would be my second or third fan fic ever. I usually write just fiction.

They are moderately similar (you know, love triangles).

:giggle: Now I'm getting curious...

and I would say, if you can write 2 at once without wanting to kill yourself or drop a story, go ahead.

Wow! Why did I feel like you've written more fanfic than you have? ^^ I've written...erm...2 long fanfics that weren't U2, and before that I wrote normal fiction...usually retellings of myths and legends :)

I amend my statement of only working on An Cat Dubh right now; I've been considering/writing a little teensy bit of a Larry fic that hopefully will never see the light of day. It is wondrously plotless.

I think MW was my first real fan fic. I think I wrote fan fic many, many years ago before I even loved U2. That was in my spiral notebook in middle school.

The second is going to take some prep work. I need to create a rock band.

Aww :) my writing was terrible in middle school! Very obscure and confusing. Yours is much better.

You're...making another band? Wow. I'm going to do that for, well, something brief...

Oh and yeah, posting. I post when I finish chapters (and one story at a time), which is probably bad because sometimes I want to remove bits. Ah well ^^

^ Variety is the spice of life, eh? :wink:

I usually have several stories stewing in various stages of completion, from hazy ideas to the final tweaking/editing stage. If I get stuck with one, then I can usually think of something for another... But as far as posting goes, I never start posting until I've finished writing it, and so far I've only posted one at a time (gives me a chance to finish the next one off!)... just a personal preference though, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting two at once if you've got the story there. :)

Firstly, Grace please tell me your triangle includes that guy whose name starts and ends with E. :D

I currently have three stories on the go now that I've finished LH.

EYKIW still going, Stories For Boys - have quite a bit more written but need to do some cleanup on it before we post more, and a small standalone fluff piece about JT Edge and a pool table.... :drool:

Firstly, Grace please tell me your triangle includes that guy whose name starts and ends with E. :D

I currently have three stories on the go now that I've finished LH.

EYKIW still going, Stories For Boys - have quite a bit more written but need to do some cleanup on it before we post more, and a small standalone fluff piece about JT Edge and a pool table.... :drool:

The new one will have a triangle with Edge. There will be 2 actually. I have to admit that the Edge one will be secondary to the main storyline, but I will try to appease the Edge fans.

Where the hell are all the Bono/Larry fans?? :D

Hahahaha whee!

You're just making me even more impatient. That story helped me write, a looot (and by the way the Gaelic lessons...definitely a good idea ;)) ...amusing baby U2 and awkward Edge for the win!

No, I don't...how is it? *goes off and researches* Right now I have U2 by U2 and I'm up to Rattle & Hum on that...

I just got it Friday. I'm about to start Carter Alan's The Road to Pop. Already is not as good as U2 at The End of the World.

I couldn't find The Early Years on Amazon. D: It said it's a movie...?

I read the first couple pages of At The End Of The World on Amazon...hehehehe...

I have three stories in the process right now. I can't stick with just one. I get bored. Actually, I have about four. :lol: Stories for Boys, Slowly Love, A Tender Trap and Drifting. :ohmy: Wow. However, if I get bored with one, then I can always go to another. I like to keep my creative juices flowing and sometimes writing more than one story helps me to keep my creativity in line. I will admit that a few of the stories are on a shelf right now waiting to be dusted off and proceeded. A Tender Trap has my full attention at the moment. And if I'm not writing fan fiction I'm writing poetry. It's a never ending process.

And I love U2: At the End of the World. Can't resist a book that starts off with a half naked Bono. :drool::D

I'm in the middle of a chapter on MW right now, but I think I'm ready to start my new one. It keeps coming back like bad Mexican food. After this chapter on MW, I need to think how I want it to go next and how to get it there. Maybe taking a small break will help.

I definitely take breaks off and on. You can't force it. I have a bit of Chapter 19 of EYKIW written, however I have a real itch to get back with SfB. At the same time, I'm also totally engrossed in ATT betaing, and 1screamingangel's Just A Moment as well. It's awesome being a beta because I get a sneak preview, but sometimes it's also hard to get back to my own stuff when I'm betaing a different writing style.

All that being said, it sure is fun that the fic community has taken off again because of it all!:up:

Is that the same as 'U2: The Early Days'? I'm finding that on Amazon...

I really really want this book now :happydance:

I take advantage of this topic to askif you prefer fics with many details or if it doesn´t matter provided that the fic is interesting.
I mean if the fics have to be like a novel with many details or like a script, where there are more dialogues than description. Because my style is to make fan fics that are like scripts. I haven´t written any fic yet (to be posted in that forum, I´ve asked and I wasn´t allowed....), but in case I want some day.

Do you mean descriptive? I tend to be more dialogue driven. I like to tell the story in how people interact with each other. I don't usually get into long inner monologues, but I seem to have gone that route in this one so you kind of getting idea how everyone is feeling. I used to read plays and screenplays so that's my background. I love sharp dialogue, not that I've really showcased that in MW.

Back
Top Bottom