Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:wave: Hi girls.

Been a long, long time...:reject: anyway, was thinking; as you know I'm not comfortable any more with writing about supposedly real ppl...seems somehow disrespectful to me. However, I was wondering if you'd like me to continue to write but with made up names?

Thing is, I've done a couple of chappies of Christine but not posted them here. I could post them if you want but the names would not relate to anyone real.

I thought it might be easier then emailing everyone individually. Also I'd get to feel a lot easier with regard to offence to real people.

:shifty:

Laters...:sexywink:

:shocked: You got more Christine???

Well heck yeah I'd love some! :hyper: That was a great story and you can't just leave that! I NEED to know how it ends. You need to scare me more with Crispin' the creep!

:hug: Welcome back YDW!

...I'm not comfortable any more with writing about supposedly real ppl...seems somehow disrespectful to me.

:shifty: Me, too... 15 or 16 chapters written & posted, then it just started feeling too weird & I stopped. I never admitted before why I quit mid-story. :ohmy: :reject:

To answer your question, though: YES!! Keep writing - you have a great style & a natural talent for it. :up:

:wave:Hi YDW. So glad to see you post. Can't wait to read more Christine, who cares what names you use. I am hopefully waiting for more Midnight as well. You're such a great writer, I am looking forward to reading your stories again.

Hi YDW ... welcome back ... really missed your stories. As long as I get to read your great stories, I couldn't care less what the names are! Maybe Christine and Midnight too?? :hyper:

Add me to the list of "yes!" votes! Use whatever names you like, but I want to know what happens. :D

:hug: Good to see you! Hope all's well.

I think I only got a couple of chapters deep into Christine. It's been an age...
Post away, YDW! I remember Diary being brilliant. And I know I missed the last chapter on that as well. :hmm:

BTW: Since none of the fiction sites are up anymore. Can someone email me "Diary".
Thanks. msjdragonfly@aol.com

Oh my gosh, I'm just so excited to see that your here!!!! :wave:

I love your writing no matter the names of the characters! Plus, your writing has always felt like more than just fan fiction, the characters are just so defined.

I can't wait to read your work again! I've missed it! :up:

HEY! Haven't seen you here in a while!

I love your writing, doesn't matter if the characters r based on real or not!

PLEASE POST SOME NEW CHAPTERS (When u feel comfortable of course)

Have we seen the last of Midnight?:reject:

Even though the stories are with real people,I know it's just all make believe and we should all think like that, it's just pretend. That's mainly the reason I come in the fan fiction folder and read some of the stories, because it's about Bono and the rest of the guys, even though it's just make believe. Well that's the way I feel about it and I guess I'm the only one who does. At least finish Midnight and Christine with Bono and the guys, if you finish the rest of the story with other guys names now that it's like in the middle of the stories it just won't be the same. That's how I feel about it.

:wave: HI girls. Thanks for your replies. I'll be considering all of them. Meantime, I'm writing something that I hope to post here. A trial fic if you like. Then you can tell me if it works...

Ok, laters...:D

hey YDW I found myself in the same boat as you and I got uncomfortable writing about Bono ect and just started witing stories with my own characters and I found it was also less restrictive as you don't have to stick to what you think the real person would act ect, but because they are not U2 fanfic I put them up in fiction press instead which is handy I also changed some of my u2 fan fic and put my own characters in them because the stories themseves were just too good to let go *lol*

hey YDW I found myself in the same boat as you and I got uncomfortable writing about Bono ect and just started witing stories with my own characters and I found it was also less restrictive as you don't have to stick to what you think the real person would act ect, but because they are not U2 fanfic I put them up in fiction press instead which is handy I also changed some of my u2 fan fic and put my own characters in them because the stories themseves were just too good to let go *lol*

:wave:Hi Annj. Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree w/you regarding things not having to be so restrictive if you use fictional names. I'm playing with some fiction right now and it's so much easier to write as I don't need to worry about offending anyone or being disrespectful as it's not about real ppl. (Does this make sense?).

I'll post it when it's done. See wotcha all think...:wink:

can't wait to see what you do with your fictional characters:wave: I have kindda fell in love with a lot of my own make characters that I created, so I don't know which is weirder drooling over Bono or over a person that just exists in my head *lol* I have rewritten Island girl though I kept the name of my male character Paul only he is a celebrity chef and not in the worlds biggest rockband *lol* but it can work out ok I find, and if you want to check my stories are here

jayanne - FictionPress.com

Back
Top Bottom