PLEBA Fan Fic Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone. :)

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I have some questions about this FanFic forum.

I have read the rules, but I was wondering if there were any additional, unwritten conventions or taboo topics for fics.
For example, are there some themes that have been done to death and everyone is sick of?
Also (and possibly relating to the above), is it considered in bad taste, or disrespectful, to write about real events in the band's history, particularly the more unpleasant ones? I know I've seen some fics with very dark themes, but those were fictional situations. (And it should be noted that I have only read a few stories here.)

That should do for the moment. :) Thank you.

Bono's Doll said:
Calling Jobob--please finish your story A Day Without Me. I loved it so. :yes:
I want to *bump* this.The story is called A Story Without Me,I too would love to see the rest of this story,love it.I have a question...there are some chapters that have unedited versions,I was wondering if anyone else who has them,if you can send them to me?I would love to read those.I contacted Jobob a couple of times,but never got an answer back.I'd be grateful if someone else could send them to me.Thanks.

McPhisto's Advocate said:
Hello everyone. :)

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I have some questions about this FanFic forum.

I have read the rules, but I was wondering if there were any additional, unwritten conventions or taboo topics for fics.
For example, are there some themes that have been done to death and everyone is sick of?
Also (and possibly relating to the above), is it considered in bad taste, or disrespectful, to write about real events in the band's history, particularly the more unpleasant ones? I know I've seen some fics with very dark themes, but those were fictional situations. (And it should be noted that I have only read a few stories here.)

That should do for the moment. :) Thank you.

That's something i would like to know as well... I'm way too shy to just... post these things around to the die-hards here.

Lariekoek said:

That's something i would like to know as well... I'm way too shy to just... post these things around to the die-hards here.

:wave: H Larikeok. There are rules for fanficland:

http://forum.interference.com/t76056.html

However, so long as you're respectful towards the band/members of their community and don't write anything that could be construed as bad taste you should be fine. I've wound some of my fanfic very loosely around the guys. I think Sad Girl has too. If you need to do anything graphic then I'm afraid you'll have to do it via em as it's not to everyone's taste although I can appreciate that sometimes a story might benefit from a little smutiness...:evil:

I've no doubt that if you keep it within the boundaries that are set everything will be ok.

Now, go ahead; write something. We'd all like to hear from you.

:)

It really helps when you post a band member "smiley" face, so we know who the main character of the story is. (I go straight to Bono fic, sorry).

Could someone write a fic about the disco bus. perhaps a wild night of pleban fun and exploration with the boys. I am not a good storyteller altho there is a pool of fantasy in my head.:censored: :evil:

YEAH, Do it, diane!! Hmmm, you could just create girls, then. I don't know their personalities very well, either. But since we all share the lust, the caring(We are a sweet bunch although quite perverted at times,but in a good way! no?!) and most of us would share the guys, you could make up whatever you like(you are good at it already):evil: :censored: :hi5:
keep us posted, maybe we could all have some input!!

hi lovely ladies who write for us all to enjoy can you put dates in your chapter titles becase there are so many fabulous stories with so many parts my head is spinning !!!!!!!!!

mysterious_jen said:
hi lovely ladies who write for us all to enjoy can you put dates in your chapter titles becase there are so many fabulous stories with so many parts my head is spinning !!!!!!!!!

This is a good idea cos I for one keep missing new chapters thinking that I've already read them...(It's all Ali's fault for posting too quickly..:sexywink: :lol: :wink: ).

Seriously though, this is why I've started dating mine. :yes:

blm said:
Could someone write a fic about the disco bus. perhaps a wild night of pleban fun and exploration with the boys. I am not a good storyteller altho there is a pool of fantasy in my head.:censored: :evil:

I think I could do this but I'm not sure you'd get my weird sense of humour...:evil:

youvedonewhat said:

I think I could do this but I'm not sure you'd get my weird sense of humour...:evil:

what makes you say that, YDW ??? Just try me, Now you've got me very, very curious.
You already know what I think of your writing :
:bow:

youvedonewhat said:
This is a good idea cos I for one keep missing new chapters thinking that I've already read them...(It's all Ali's fault for posting too quickly..:sexywink: :lol: :wink: ).
Duly noted... although I can't keep up lately :lol:

I'll start dating my chapters too :up:

Can I also post a suggestion to the writers?
Cause I really appreciate you all posting and updating so fast and I love reading the stories, :crack: but it's all going so fast.... could you please limit to 1 chapter a day or something?
:reject: hope I don't sound ungrateful..

GG, Noooooooooooooo. Don't give them that idea.

The dates will help, and then you can store them up and read a bunch when you have the time-think how fulfilling that would be.:uhoh: :hug:

Here's a tip... something I do. And although some might say it's cheeky, I don't think I am breaching any moral code by doing it....

Ahem.... anyway, what I do is I click on the post for whatever chapter of my favourite stories, and then I highlight and copy, and then PASTE into a Word document. So I have the story elsewhere on my computer. That way I can whack a few chapters in there at once, and then read it later at my leisure.

I don't print them out or anything, so I hope none of the authors mind this. Particularly RavenBlue and DianePm, cuz I have files for both of them :)

Carrie

Diane... so glad you don't mind!! I am relieved. I just want to get the whole story all in one, so I can go back and read it again when it is all done.

I love Abby and Bono, and I think they make a great couple :) It's one of those precious stories you want to keep!

Carrie

blm said:
GG, Noooooooooooooo. Don't give them that idea.

The dates will help, and then you can store them up and read a bunch when you have the time-think how fulfilling that would be.:uhoh: :hug:

Youve no worries there, blm/Gg. It take me forever to get something I'm happy w/posting. You'd probably be able to grow wrinkles before I get to the end of any story...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom