PLEASE-chapter 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FireExit

Babyface
Hey guys :wave: I wanted to finish this days ago but I didn't have enough time. This chapter is different than the others cause I split it in half, and wrote the second half from Alex's POV. I thought it'd be interesting to see her side of the story, but I'm still gonna be primarily writing from Bono's POV. Tell me what you guys think :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I...I have to know something first Bono."

"Sure love. What is it?"

"I need to know if you're still married Bono, cause I can't do this if you're still married."

She seemed genuinely concerned about this and it was refreshing to finally meet someone who actually cared about these things. Most women I would meet didn't ask or just didn't care about my marital situation. Alex was different; she wanted things done the right way.

"I knew this was gonna come up eventually, I just didn't think this soon."

"I just have to know."

"I understand Alex, and the answer is yes I am still married."

She looked so disappointed right then and I was hoping she'd understand.

"Then why are you asking me to dinner Bono. You have to know I'm not like that. I don't care that you're a rock star, you have to know that this would be wrong?"

"Alex I'm still legally married, but myself and Ali...we've been separated about two and a half years. I haven't got a choice really because divorce isn't legal yet."

She thought about it, and this look of what I hoped to be relief now assumed her face.

"So you've been separated, as in you don't live with each other?"

"Yes, thats what I meant earlier by saying my apartment was too big for just one person."

"So both you and Ali see other people then?"

I sort of laughed at the redundancy of her questioning.

"Yes Alex! Ali and I are separated. We live separately, and see other people too! Any more questions you have that are just eatin' away at you?"

"I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna be labeled in some tabloid as 'Bono's Other Woman'."

"You shouldn't really worry about it love, it's just dinner after all. We don't even know what's gonna happen afterwards." I winked at her just to see what she'd say afterwards.

With her cheeks reddening as they had done a couple hours before, a shocked look appeared on her face.

"And what are you implying?!"

"I just meant you don't even know if the paparazzi are going to be there. What did you think I meant?"

"I was just thinking that.."

"That I was talking about sex afterwards? Well I'll have you know I'm a perfect gentlemen."

"Well that's a relief."

"I'm glad you're satisfied."

She blushed some more and I thought about making a dirty joke but decided to hold off on that.

"So if you don't mind Alex, I thought I'd call Henry, my driver, and tell him to pick us up in the limo."

"What? My toyota wasn't good enough for you was it?" she laughed.

"Of course not Alex. I quite enjoyed the ride in your toyota."

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry love, I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I'm just saying I want this dinner to be a sort of thank you for what you did for me."

"Well in that case, I'd love to take a ride in your limo."

"Brilliant. So I should probably go change and make myself more presentable, so I'll call Henry and tell him to pick me up first. I'll come around nine to pick you up, and then we'll go to the restaurant."

"Sounds good B."

"That's my new nickname is it?"

"Yea, you like it?"

"I love it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know what to wear. He didn't tell me where we were going or what we were eating, let alone what the dress code was going to be. This day as a whole didn't even make sense. I had woken up early and cranky as usual. I had my coffee and bagel and was out the door by six. Never at any point did it occur to me that the day would take such a different turn. This time yesterday, I was doing my laundry. Tonight I was going out with Bono. Bono, rockstar Bono. Bono The Fly, Mr. MacPhisto Bono. I was going out with the man, and I just couldn't wrap my head around the idea. I was quite proud of my level-headedness throughout, especially while he was sleeping on the couch. My couch. Bono was sleeping on my couch. My first instinct was to call Nicole, who probably would've flipped out if she knew, and that was only if she chose to believe me. Luckily, the part of my brain that had sense, told me to keep this whole thing to myself, even though it was completely mad.

I was deep in my thoughts thinking about the events of the of the day, and what dress I should wear to dinner, when the phone rang and startled me.

"Hello?"

"Hey love" I loved it when he called me that.

"Hey B, wait how'd you get my number?"

He laughed this sort of deep laugh, that probably came as a result of the smoking.

"I have my ways babe, don't worry bout' it."

"Of course you do." I responded.

"Anyway, I just wanted to let you know we're two minutes away, so I hope you're ready."

"Almost, but you still haven't told me where we're going yet."

"Well thats cause it's a surprise, but I will say this, if you're a real city girl you're gonna love it."

This got me a excited. I had lived in New York all my life, so there really wasn't anything I hadn't seen before, but I was still excited with what he had in store for us.

"Sounds great, but I have one last question."

"What's that?"

"Should I be dressed up?"

He laughed some more. "So what did you mean by almost ready?"

"I just didn't want you to get angry."

"I'd never get angry at you love. But to answer your question I'd like to see you in sexy dress, but whatever you feel comfortable with will be perfect just the same."

"Thanks B." I said laughing with my cheeks turning rosy pink at the same time.

"See you in a few."

I scrambled to the mess that was my closet. I didn't want him to think I was trying too hard, but I did want to look good. Everything was just starting to sink in, and I was coping with it relatively well. If I just found a dress, all my immediate problems would be taken care of. And then I saw it, almost like an answered prayer, the dress I had worn for my best friend's engagement party stood hanging at the end of my closet. It was a blue sleeveless dress that fell above the knees. It had the texture of silk which I loved, and it was also perfect in that it worked both in a casual and formal setting. Without much time to do anything else, I slipped on the dress and the sweater to go, and put some eyeliner on. I was out the door in about ten minutes, and just on time. I had watched the limo pull up to the front, and sure enough, a rolled down window revealed Bono sporting his signature shades. He opened his door and got out.

"Hey Babe, sorry I was late, I just needed to stop and buy a lighter."

"It's ok, just don't let it happen again."

He chuckled. "I'm sorry love, it won't."

He was wearing a black shirt with a dark red blazer, also sporting a gold chain around his neck. And sure enough in his right hand was the famous cigarillo he had almost always been spotted with since the last tour.

"Alex, you look absolutely amazing in that dress."

He eyed me top to bottom, and I swore it got hotter.

"Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself."

"Well how about we get into the limousine, and head to our secret destination."

"Thought you'd never ask."

He held my hand, and led me into the car like a perfect gentleman. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but whatever it was, it had to be great.

hey guys, I'm glad you like the story so far. I've been trying to find time to finish the next chapter, so hopefully in a day or two it'll be up:wave:

Lookin' like the devil himself in black and red! :mac:
Can't wait for more...please!

Back
Top Bottom