Please - Chapter 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay, I was so excited about this chapter I had to get it up. It might not be perfect as I post in haste. This was a hard chapter. It was during this chapter that I realized I had grown attached to these characters and what happens to them. So enjoy.....I promise that I will slow down from now.

This is a work of fiction....I didn't say good fiction, just fiction.

YouTube - Snow Patrol -- An Olive Grove Facing The Sea -- Video/Chords/Lyrics

An Olive Grove Facing the Sea - Snow Patrol
Sworn to secrecy, I might go after school
She was an angel, I saw her swimming there
I am in such a mess, I can't cope without this
She just teases, me pretends she can't see me here
So let me go out there
I can breathe fresh air
Stay with you all night
Just let me love you
Just for a while, want to
Be with you all night
Be with you all night
Until I fall asleep
Just let me be here
I won't tell anyone
Don't want to wake up
The blind lead the blind so why can't I find my way
This could be Heaven but I don't know where I am
I am too scared to come out from behind here
My body is aching, it feels like it's wearing me

Dublin - the city of possibility. It felt strange to be back home. Bob was gone and Bono felt it. The God shaped hole felt a little bit bigger. Yet he would see Ali and his girls. Unfortunately for Bono, the girls were having a sleepover the first night he was back. Ali would bring them around for the day on the second show. He was filled with a nervous energy during soundcheck. It could possibly be his last night as a single man if things worked out. He had mixed feelings about that. He missed Ali, but he would miss spending time with Faith. He knew their friendship might change. If tonight was his last night to enjoy the mere possibilities with Faith, he would savor every minute.

Faith noticed this strange kinetic energy surrounding not just Bono but the entire band. The moment Ann walked onto the stadium grounds, Larry tensed like a high wire. Faith expected as much. She had to shrug it off. It was his battle to sort out, she figured. While he didn't look miserable, he didn't look very happy either.

"Hello Faith," Ann said coolly as she approached the lunch table.

"Hi Ann," Faith gave her a genuine smile. Larry was painfully aware of their differences.

"I saw the Q magazine," she said. "You and Bono looked great."

"Thanks," Faith knew what she was attempting to imply. "It was a lot of fun to do."

With that, Faith excused herself. Bono was fiddling with his guitar. He too had been a bundle of nerves. Through lunch, he'd been manic and distracted. She caught him staring wistfully at her, then he'd be running off. She knew the next few days were important. It could be the turning point for him and Ali.

The stadium was a hum of excitement which reached a crescendo as U2 took the stage. Faith had never heard a crowd like it. A U2 homecoming was something special. B felt as if he had gallons of coffee as he raced the stage. It was one of those shows where everything came together. The band and fans felt it. Dublin didn't care if the rest of the world got Pop - they did. Bono was completely lost in the spirit of the night. As Faith danced across the stage towards him, he tossed his inhibitions to the wind. He pulled her close to him as they danced to feel her warmth. His lips brushed the back of her hand as he twirled her around. There was a fire in those blue eyes of his that she could not translate. Before she danced away, he gave her a small kiss on her lips much like the fans he danced with. The crowd erupted in shouts and cheers. Faith was a little puzzled by his behavior. Perhaps he just got caught up in the moment, she guessed. Her mind was reeling that she didn't even look up to glance at Larry as she left the stage.

The after party was a wild scene. The Kitchen was too small to accommodate the throng of family and friends wanting to celebrate a great show with the band. Paul secured a large club with 2 levels for U2's sole purpose. The much maligned BP Fallon manned the turntables filling the club with remixes and dance music. Models, actresses, politicians, Irish celebutantes all mingled as their eyes searched for guests of honor. Edge held court at one table on the fringe of the dance floor with his family - Aislinn, his parents Gwenda and Garvin and Dik and his wife. Since London, he had been unable to exorcise Alex from his every waking thought. She felt like a drug to him. As she danced on the other side of the dance floor, his head twisted to see her through all the other bodies in his way. When Sam touched her, his fists balled under the table. When Sam touched her, Edge scowled. Eventually, he had to turn his chair around. He was supposed to be spending quality with friends and family. Lust would have to wait.

Bono worked the room like the politician that he was. He was thrilled to see his very good friends Gavin and Guggi with their families. Norman would come around tomorrow. Most of the faces in the crowd were familiar. They each thrusted themselves into Bono's personal space as he walked the nightclub. Needing a bit of air, he climbed the stairs to a more private second level. He had a few moments to himself as he watched the throng below. Did she come? His heart stopped. Working her way through the crowd was Ali. Her hair was still short. She had been stopped by an old schoolmate of theirs. Bono's heart raced. She wasn't supposed to be here. She came to see him. A flood of emotions poured and raged through him. He felt dizzy with the possibility of going to his old home tonight. Of waking to the smell of breakfast and sound of his kids in the next room. Not everything would be perfect at first. It would take time to get back to where they were. A lot of things and people had happened since he left home. Perhaps this would make them stronger. He watched her head twist looking for him. Just as he was about to make his way to the stairs, he stopped cold. What was that sparkle? He broke into a cold sweat. He'd given Ali many rings through the course of their relationship, but not one like that. He squinted to be sure he was seeing correctly. As Ali slid her left hand through her dark hair, he caught the unmistakeable glint of a diamond on her ring finger. He had given a smaller diamond years and years ago. This one rivaled the Hope Diamond with a large center stone surrounded by smaller stones. No, this was not his ring. She wore another man's ring in a promise to love him for the rest of her life.

Suddenly the large club felt painfully claustrophobic. He didn't want to see anyone. He doubled over in pain. A million questions streamed through his head. How long? Who? When? He wanted to rush those stairs and grab her by the arm to shout them at her. He felt like a fool for thinking just seconds ago that she came for him to bring him home. Now, there was no home and no hope for home. As he tried to regain his balance, her eyes shifted upward. They caught on his for a moment before he bolted from the railing.

Faith leaned her elbows on the railing to gaze at the raging party below. She rubber her eyes and looked at her watch. It felt much later than 2 am. Her head a little fuzzy from some very strong drinks earlier. Normally, she would steer clear of hard alcohol on a night like tonight. Too many strangers and too many people invading her space. But Ann made her mission to lay claim to Larry in Faith's full view. It seemed that every corner Faith turned, Ann had her lips and hands all over him. Yes, she had every right to - but gratuitously in public - it made Faith's stomach turn. She concluded her only recourse was to have a few drinks to blur her vision. As her eyes washed over the crowd, she didn't see them all. Maybe Ann dragged him to a bathroom to remind him of his promises. Faith yawned and made the decision to call it a night. She didn't know most of these people. As she walked the mostly desolate second floor, her eyes focused on a familiar figure with his back to the wall. She frowned. This was his night. What was he doing up here by himself? As she drew closer, she saw that his cheeks were wet.

"Bono, is that you?" her eyes had a hard time making out his features in the darkness.There was a stifled sniffle but no words."Hey, are you okay?"

Relief crashed over him that it was her that found him like this. His fingers squeezed his eyes as he fought another wave mixed with hurt and anger.

"What happened?" she stood in front of him. "Talk to me."

He took a deep breath. "Ali's here."

"Well, that's good isn't it?" she asked.

He wiped his eyes. "She's engaged, Faith."

Faith looked like she'd been slapped. "Did she tell you this?"

Wearily, he shook his head. "I saw the ring...."

"Are you sure it is someone else?" Faith had not expected this at all. From what Bono said, things looked like they were moving towards reconciliation.

"I know that I did not give her that ring. It was clearly an engagement ring," he felt like he'd been punched again as he said it.

"Oh my god, Bono. I'm so sorry. Did you talk to her yet?"

He shook his head. "I couldn't. I can't deal with it right now."

"What do you need me to do? I can beat her up," she offered. That brought a small smile to his lips. "What do you want?"

His shoulders slumped. "I want to get out of here. I don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone."

"Do you want me to get Edge or someone?" she asked.

"No," his sad eyes pleaded. "Will you come with me?"

"Of course," she nodded. "Let me find a back way out. Stay here."

He took her hand. "Thank you, Faith."

Once again, she had become his savior. He watched her disappear into the light. The thumping of the music made his head split in two. Out there, Ali was looking for him - wanting to share her news. He thought back to the funeral. She had been persistent in leaving him. Was she running into this man's arms? All the while, Ali held his hand and attempted to soothe him. He would have been better off if she had just left him alone in his sorrow. Using her as a crutch was no good to him now. He spent the last month secure in the notion they would be back together. He wasted those days. His hands formed fists. He longed to punch a wall or the soon to be Mr. Ali. His anger subsided as Faith approached. Gently her hand touched his arm holding the rage at bay.

"I have a car waiting for us. There's a back stairway down this hall. Are you ready?" she asked. Wordlessly, he nodded and took hold of her hand. Down the dark staircase and into a back alley, they emerged. "Keep your head down and follow me."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a group of people gathered at a different door a few hundred feet away. Clearly, they were waiting for band members to emerge. He had no idea if his own security had any clue to his whereabouts. He knew he was safe with Faith. At the end of the alley sat a black car with the engine running. Swiftly, she opened the door for him to escape into the night. Behind her, the group had caught wise that someone important was trying to make a stealth getaway and she heard their footsteps quicken in her direction. She scrambled in after Bono and told the driver to just drive. The wheels squealed as they pulled away.

"Where to?" Faith asked.

He had no idea. He was staying at the Clarence since his Dublin house was barren. Going to the house would not provide him any comfort tonight. He thought of other haunts and bars, but in every one of those places he would know someone. He couldn't be the Bono everyone expected him to be right now. He was angry and hurt. He felt foolish and betrayed. Certainly not the life of the party.

"Would you mind if we just went back to the hotel?" he asked as he leaned his head back against the seat.

"Not at all," Faith wasn't sure what her role in all this would be. She had a feeling that somehow she would not be seeing her room tonight.

Bono was quiet as he ran the course of every emotion a person can feel in the 10 minute ride to the Clarence. The driver pulled into the back entrance of the hotel as a group of fans, perhaps the same ones they escaped from, gathered out front. The advantage of owning the hotel is that the instance of fans booking rooms was fairly low. Bono was able to walk his hotel with minimal interruption. He paused by the door to the small lounge. There were still people enjoying their drinks. He knew a pent up rage was about to over take him. It was best to do that in private. Faith followed him to his penthouse suite. It was much grander than her already grand room a few floors below. Strict machine had noticed their class of hotel room steadily climbing the longer they toured with U2. Upon entering the 2 bedroom suite, Faith went directly to the bar to pour them both a drink. She saw his hands clench and unclench in the elevator. It was a matter of time before he popped. Her eyes followed from the couch as he paced in front of her. She didn't dare open her mouth now unless spoken to.

"How could she? I never thought she'd do something like this. Granted, I never pictured her remarrying at all. When we first separated, it was illegal to divorce. But to go behind my back? She was flaunting that fucking ring all over the party. Everyone knows now. I was going to be the last fucking person to know. She didn't even let on that she was dating let alone have something serious enough for marriage," He bellowed. "And the girls. Didn't she think I had a right to fucking know the person that was becoming their stepfather? I might be on tour for months at a time, but I am still their father! She is NOT the woman I married." He slammed down his empty empty glass on the coffee table. Without a word, Faith went to get him a refill. He rubbed his temples as he tore around the room. "All this time wasted. Hoping for something that was never going to happen. Just putting my life on hold because I thought it was best for my family. I never wanted the girls to be from a broken home. I take marriage seriously." He stood in the center of his suite. Time wasted. While pining for Ali, what else could he have done? He watched Faith pour him another drink. Time wasted. Perhaps his future had been here all along. "I hate that she lied to me. I never thought she'd do that." He moved towards the bar. "I regret that I waited for her. I regret that I pushed everything else to the background. I denied myself for her and what I thought things should be." Slowly rage was replaced by something else. For weeks, he repressed his feelings thinking it was for the best. Faith saw that look in his eyes. She had seen flashes of it when they danced on stage, when he gave her the cross she wore now. This was a steady beacon as he moved towards. "Since the night my father died, I have suppressed something that I have wanted so much. I don't want to ignore it anymore." His voice was a whisper as he stood inches from her.

Slowly, his hand reached out to touch her face. She was rooted to where she stood. She knew she should leave, but she didn't want to. "I don't know if this is a good idea. You're hurt and angry..."

His face softened. "I was. Maybe I still am. Faith, I think about the night we shared all the time. I'm angry at Ali for preventing me from doing this." He closed the gap between them as his hungry lips kissed her. She didn't realize how much she wanted him until that moment. Every so often, she'd feel a twinge as her memory would go to that night. She discounted it as loneliness.

As she returned his kiss with same fire, he hated Ali even more. When he first met Faith, deep inside he knew she was the one to save him. He wished he had listened to that voice from the start. All the nights he spent letting other women entertain him. The days he longed to have Ali back. It was nothing compared to this very moment. He needed to be a part of her again.

Suddenly, she broke from his embrace and moved away. "This is still not a good idea. I know you need to lash out and retaliate. I don't think I'm the person for that."

He met her at the couch and took hold of both her hands. "This is not about her. This is about you and the amazing person you are." He nuzzled her ear. "I want to feel you. I need you. Please, Faith. Let me make love to you. Please." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed along her jawline sending her body into heat.

***edited****Let me know if you want the remix*****

Exhausted, she collapsed on top of him trying to catch her breath. She couldn't believe that they were here again.Gently, he kissed her forehead and cheeks. It'd been a very long time since he felt this happy.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She nodded. "You okay? It was strange night for you." Faith wasn't convinced that a part of this wasn't revenge against Ali.

He smiled up at her. "I'm much better now." She chuckled. "I'm thirsty. Would you like a drink?"

She nodded. "Let me use your bathroom."

"I'll make us some drinks," he said.

Faith closed the door behind her and leaned against the sink. What was she thinking? It was clear that she wasn't. She decided just to go with the moment which was that she had wanted him. Now what? It didn't change the simple fact that she was in love with Larry. But why was that? This made more sense. She washed her face before she reemerged.

Bono was dressed and behind the bar. He had opened a bottle of red wine for them. She settled on the couch feeling a little self conscious about their relationship. He handed her a glass as he sat beside her.

"Listen, we don't have to have it all sorted. Let's just enjoy the night and not being alone. I’m happy to spend time with someone I respect and care about. It's that simple," Bono said. Tomorrow, he still had to deal with Ali. Tonight, he wanted to enjoy the company he had with Faith.

She smiled. "Okay. I think its a good plan."

He clinked his glass against hers. "It was a great show."

They settled into an easy conversion about the show. He took her hand in his enjoying the warmth. A foot massage turned into a massage which transitioned to the master suite for another lovemaking session. They could not get enough of one another. Faith told herself that she'd have her fill after one more time. As they lied in each others arms, kisses became caresses. And she was pulling him against her for a third time. Tonight, she didn't run away. She curled in beside his warm body and drifted to sleep. He couldn't sleep. He laid on his side watching her. He knew she was in love with another man. That man being one of his best mates. His heart tugged inside him. If she said the words, he would be hers forever. There was no need to be with anyone else. He hoped she would come to that place with him. For as much as he thought he wanted to be back with Ali, he wanted this so much more. He thought of waking beside her every day and felt dizzy. She had crept in under his skin. Sleep came to him as he held Faith tightly through what was left of the night.

Two hours passed. Bono’s dreams were disjointed and strange. There was a wedding, but he couldn’t tell if it was Ali and a faceless man or Faith and Larry. The sun streamed across the foot of the bed. He stirred, happy to feel Faith’s warm body still pressed into his. He was afraid that she’d leave in the night again. His eyes fluttered open to see her beside him. His hand touched her flushed cheeks. Glancing at his watch, he knew he needed to wake her. But once he did, she would be gone. He could just close his eyes and holder her tighter. Instead, he leaned closer to kiss her shoulder.

“Faith,” he nuzzled her neck. “Love, time to wake up.”

She frowned in her sleep as she slowly lifted through the levels of consciousness. She opened her eyes to look directly into Bono’s blue eyes staring at her. A small grin twisted his lips. She stretched her arms over her head.

“What time is it?” she asked.

“It’s 8 in the morning,” he said.

She smiled. “Are we going for a run?”

He laughed. “No, I think I got my exercise last night.” She blushed. “People will start waking up. I thought you might want to sneak out before you had an audience.”

“Good thinking,” she yawned.

His heart sunk a little. He hoped that she wouldn’t care, but he knew it was going to be as easy as that. He had dreamt that they would walk out of his room hand in hand - lovers in public. The tabloids would shout that they knew it all along. Faith and Bono were in love. However, that was just a dream. He still had Ali to deal with today.

“How do you feel?” she asked.

“Surprisingly good, thanks to you,” his face darkened for a moment. “I do have to see Ali today and deal with that.”

“I’m sorry,” she said.

“Well, I can guarantee that I had a much better night than her,” he raised an eyebrow with a wry smile.

Faith laughed. Bono propped himself up on his elbow. His finger traced her necklace to the cross laying on her breastbone. With a sad smile, he leaned over to give her a soft deep kiss. Their mouths fit perfectly together. She knew if they continued kissing, she wouldn’t leave his bed for another few hours. The way her body wanted him scared her. Feeling the blood rush from his head to this middle, he pulled away slowly.

“You better get out of here before I don’t let you,” he warned.

She threw off the covers and went into the bathroom. She looked at her naked body in the mirror. There was not an inch that Bono did not know now as she knew his. Once again, she was to close to him. It was every on every level. Last night, she didn’t want to leave. She was content to sleep in his arms. Was it just because she wasn’t lonely? Now was not the time to ponder those questions. She washed her face before emerging to get dressed. Bono was sitting up in bed with a trouble look on his face.

“Are you sure you are okay?” she asked as she dressed.

“Just trying to figure out what to say to her,” he sighed.

Faith sat on the edge of the bed. “It will be okay.” She placed her hand on his arm. “After today, the hard part is over, right?”

There were so many things he wanted to say to her. Now was not the time. He nodded. “I know.”

She leaned forward to kiss him softly. “I’ll see you at sound check?”

He touched her cheek. “Yeah.”

“Let me know if you need anything, okay?” she patted his knee.

He winked. “Maybe later...”

Playfully, she slapped his arm. He wasn’t really joking. With a heavy heart, he watched her leave the bedroom. A few seconds later, he heard the door close behind her. He rubbed his head. The last 24 hours were a whirlwind. Yesterday morning, he was convinced he would be back with Ali. Today, he was biting his tongue from declaring his love to Faith. What emotion was real?

Bono leaned against the barricades on the field watching Strict Machine go through their sound check. Though she had left him hours ago, he still felt a bit moonstruck as he watched Faith. Despite having very little sleep, Faith and Alex hit the stage early to work on new material for the EP planned between concert legs. It was a slow and haunting song with Faith on piano throughout. They would stop while she jotted some words down or would try out a new verse. When he thought of last night, his knees felt weak. It wasn't about revenge or retaliation, and he hoped that Faith knew that. It was about letting go of something unhealthy - an idea of what he thought he wanted - what he should want. He had been angry with Ali last night. Once he let that all out, he felt free. Every thought or want that he suppressed about Faith flooded his body. He was sure that he was falling in love with her - if he wasn't already. But he had time to take it slow. There was still a month of this tour to go. Maybe Faith was ready to see that he was the one for her, not Larry.

"Daddy!" the girls cried as they sprinted across the field towards him. He gathered them in his arms. Seeing them made him angry again. How could she make a decision like this about their family without even consulting him.

"Hey pretty girls. I missed you so much," he said.

"We missed you too," Jordan said.

He stood to look at Ali. For the first time in his life, his heart didn't catch at the sight of her. There was a burning, but it wasn't the same.

"Ali," he said coolly. He knows, she thought. She was certain she'd seen him last night through the crowd. Then he disappeared without a trace. "Girls, can you go see Uncle Paul for a few minutes so I can talk to your mum?"

Ali winced. He used 'your mum' which he had never done before. She watched the girls run to Paul. She readied herself for whatever hell he might unleash.

"So," his eyes lingered on her now barren left finger. "Did you forget something at home?"

Absentmindedly, she covered her hand. "So, you did see it."

"I did," he nodded. She could feel his glare through his sunglasses. "How long has this been in place?"

She glanced around her. There was no one really in ear shot, but she would prefer to have more privacy. "Can we go somewhere to talk?"

His eyes settled beyond Ali to the stage where Faith's eyes met his for the first time since they parted ways earlier that morning. She offered him a weak smile as encouragement knowing he had a gnarly task before him. Having Faith nearby filled him with an inner strength with her eyes.

"This is just fine," he said coldly.

She swallowed hard. Somehow she knew she deserved this. "The engagement? Just a few days. I never meant for you to find out like that."

"Was I ever supposed to know?" he crossed his arms before him.

"I was going to tell you last night. I forgot I had the ring on," she said quietly. "I'm sorry."

"When I first saw you last night, I thought you came to see me because you wanted to. I thought maybe you'd had a change of heart. Then I saw that sparkle. I thought I was hallucinating for a moment. After all, I didn't even know you were seeing someone," he hissed.

"I wanted to tell you. I was going to tell you when you were home last, but then Bob got sick. I couldn't tell you then....that would have been cruel," she said."I knew you needed me."

"That gave me false hope. You know I never wanted this. I wanted us to be together," he waved his arms in frustration. To calm himself, he looked back at Faith sitting at her piano writing lyrics. The song she played was the soundtrack to this moment when he finally was over Ali. He took a deep breath squinting into the sunlight as Faith's song filled his ears.

"And all the minutes
Of all the madness
And all the poetry
Between the good and badness
And all the hours
Of all the minutes
And all the flowers of love
And love that grew from within it
It was the heat of the night
And love was a blind ambition
It was the heat of the night
And love was a blind ambition"

Ali stared at him wondering what was going on through his head. She steeled herself for an onslaught of ugly words.

He opened his eyes. "None of that matters now. I thank you because I think I can say with fair amount of conviction that I am over you, Alison Stewart. I think I was getting there, but this is what really did it for me. You might have thought you were sparing my feelings. Instead, I look like a fool believing you still cared. I'm your ex and the father of our children, and I'm the fucking last to know they are getting a stepfather. I don't even know this arse."

Ali's cheeks reddened. "You do know him."

Panic flashed through him as he thought of Gavin or Guggi. They would never, he thought. "Who is it?"

"Trevor McShayne. We met at a fundraiser in Cork City a few months back and got to talking. He never married but still lives in Dublin near his parents. I know we lost touch with him after Unforgettable Fire and you and I started traveling. It just happened," she shrugged.

Trevor had been at school with them and a friend in the band early years. He even worked at Principle for a time. Trevor always told Bono how lucky he was to have Ali. It was as if he waited in the shadows just waiting for his chance.

"Do the girls know?" he asked.
"Jordan and I talked about it." Ali said. "She knows what the ring means.I haven't talked with Eve about it yet."

"You don't think this was something we should have talked about before you said yes and told the girls?" he felt the tension spread across his shoulders.

"You aren't that easy to get a hold of," She spat back. "And that was the problem in the first place. I never wanted to be a single mother. I have to go through several people to get to you on tour. Last night, I came to tell you and talk to you about it. But no, I don't need your permission to marry anyone Paul Hewson."

"If he's going to be a part of the family, then i think I do have a say or at least an opinion," he countered.

"Do you think I'd marry someone who wasn't going to be good to our girls? Do you think my judgement is that flawed?" she placed her hands on her hips. A few crew members glanced over as their voices carried across the barren field.

Alex bent down beside Faith's piano. "It looks pretty intense out there. DO you know what's going on?"

"Ali is engaged and he found out about it last night," Faith whispered. She felt bad for him, he looked so uncomfortable. Last night, he had told Faith that he wanted to be with her - not Ali. She believed him. He gave himself over willingly and freely. However any woman would have to live forever in Ali's shadow.

Bono's eyes switched from Ali's hard face to Faith. His chest felt tight and he just wanted to scream and run. He thought back to last night's passion and wanted more. "Then I guess that goes for me. that you will trust my judgement when I decide to marry again."

Ali's face softened. "I want you to find love again. I want you to be happy."

"I was happy," he said sadly. "What hurt me most was that you didn't tell me. I deserve more than that. I might not have been the husband you wanted, but like it or not, we are stuck in each other's lives."

"I never wanted to hurt you," she said.

"So after the marriage, will he be moving in to my house?" His blood began to boil thinking of Trevor taking his place.

Ali looked down. "We haven't sorted everything out. This just happened."

"I'm done talking about it, Ali," Bono held up his hand. "It's done. Now, I want to spend time with my girls."

She nodded. "I'll come back later then."

He watched her walk across the deserted stadium. He turned to the stage to find Jordan sitting at Faith's piano with her. Together, they played a few keys and laughed. His heart swelled. The scene unfolding before him made him smile. It was like a sign from above. Suddenly, he wanted this more than anything. He'd been holding on to the idea of Ali that he couldn't see how this fit in every way. A good friend and amazing lover. The dark cloud lifted and he could feel the sunshine on his face and arms.

Faith looked up. "Hey, is this okay?"

His smile grew wider. "Of course it's okay." He leaned against the piano. "Eve, have you met Faith?"

Eve smiled shyly and nodded. "She has cool hair."

Both Faith and Bono laughed. "Thanks," Faith said.

"And a pretty name," she whispered.

He winked. "I think it's pretty too."

Jordan came around the corner. "Eve, it's my turn."

"You just had one," Eve whined.

"Girls....let's leave Faith to her work and get some lunch. Do you want to see the big lemon after?" he asked.

"The disco ball?" Jordan jumped up and down.

He held his hand out to his daughter. "Yeah, we can go inside."

"Cool," Jordan grabbed his hand while Eve grabbed the other.

"Thanks. I hope they didn't bug you," Bono said.

Faith smiled. "Not all. They can come play anytime. See you later girls."

Eve offered a shy wave.

As Jordan walked away, she looked up at her dad. "I like her. She's cool."

He glanced back over his shoulder. "Yeah, she is cool."

Larry shuffled into the mess tent late in the afternoon. He looked uncharacteristically disheveled. "What are you still doing here?"

Bono peered into his sallow face. "I spent the day showing the girls around. Ali just came to get them. I thought about going back to the room, but what's the point now. What happened to you?"

Larry ran his hand over his hair. "I had a long night."

Bono smiled slightly. "Yeah, I hear that." After Ali picked up the girls, he thought about how to proceed with Faith. How does one ask for a date after sharing the something so intimate and passionate with that person. He was working backwards in a ways. He needed to show that he was sincere - that he could be the man Ali didn't think he could be. He wanted to be all the things he failed so miserably before.

"I broke up with Ann last night," Larry looked up.

"You what?" his eyes flew open.

"I couldn't lie to myself or her anymore. I'm not in love with her. It was wrong to be with her just because we'd been together for decades. She wanted to get married. I'm not saying I don't want that, but the more I thought about it, I didn't want it enough with her - or I'd do it already," Larry said.

At some point Bono didn't hear the words and just saw Larry's mouth move. Didn't matter. It all boiled down to one fact, he left Ann to be with Faith. Bono felt his heart sink to his stomach. Faith had waited for this moment for months. There was no way Bono had any shot with her now. Everything spun like a top. Not only would Larry sweep Faith off her feet, but Bono would never feel her lips again. He felt a dull ache spread from his chest to his arms and legs.

"How did she take it?" Adam asked walking in on the conversation.

"Ann? Not well. I think she knew it was coming though. I was packing up my stuff all night and most of today," he sighed.

"Are you giving her the house?" Bono asked.

"It's the least I can do. I've turned her life upside down. I'm not about to turn her out on the street," Larry said. He smiled for the first time. "Besides, I'm not sure where I'll end up."

"What does that mean?" Adam asked.

Bono knew exactly what he meant since he had the same thought. This was not happening, he pressed his fingers to his eyes.

"If it all works out like I hope, I hope to be spitting my time between Dublin and New York," Larry grinned. He saw the color drain from Bono's face. It was no secret that Bono had attempting to woo Faith since the start of the tour. Larry was never sure how serious he was in his pursuit. By the look on his face, maybe his feelings went deeper than the flesh. Larry also knew that if Ali came running back to him, he would take her in a heartbeat.

"Did you guys hear?" Ryan asked with a newspaper under his arm. "Princess Diana died in a car accident this morning."

Bono frowned. "No....that can't be true."

Ryan plopped the paper in front of him. Splashed sensationally across the front page was a blurry photo of the crash scene. He covered his mouth at the horror of the photo. His eyes watered as he read the terrible details. Finally, she found happiness and then this. It felt like the longest day of his life - longer than the day his mother died - longer than the day he buried his father. He had been up close to 24 hours, only dozing for a few hours with Faith. The morning felt days away not hours. That feeling of rebirth died when Larry made his intentions known. Could he compete? After all, he had shared far more with Faith. Maybe if she knew his true feelings. He knew there was something there just behind her eyes. She felt something for him. They were both in that bed last night.She didn't run away or slink out the door.

"Hey," he heard her voice behind him. "What's going on?"

"Did you hear about Princess Diana?" Adam asked.

"It's all over the news. It's terrible. Those poor boys. Not just to lose your mother, but so publicly too," she said.

The boys, Bono thought. His heart broke for them knowing the hole she left would never be filled. He felt her hand on his shoulder and it burned through his shirt. He fought every inclination to take her in arms and pray that everything else would go away for just a little bit.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

He was going to have to turn around and look at her - something he almost didn't feel ready to do. He forced a small smile. "Yeah, I just feel for those boys. I know what it's like."

"How was your afternoon with the girls?" Faith asked Bono.

"It was good thanks," he smiled warmly at her.

"How did it go with Ali?" she bit her lip.

"I said my peace. It's over. I hope she's happy," he shrugged. He was tired of talking about her. "I can finally move on."

"Listen, I was thinking..." he started. Words rarely failed him. He searched his brain for the right thing to say. He couldn't remember the last time he asked someone on a proper date. Somehow in short order, he needed to convey his feelings to her.

"Hey," Larry walked over. "Faith, can I talk to you?"

"Um, sure," she turned to Bono. "I'll be right back, okay?"

Bono could only nod. He watched her slip through his hands. Staring after them, he felt the hole reopen wider than before. In his mind, he shouted, Don't leave, I love you!

"What happened with Ali?" Edge asked. "I heard you mention something and I saw her earlier. She looked really upset but didn't stop to talk."

He snorted. "She was upset? Well, she is engaged. Remember Trevor from school?"

"Didn't he work for us for a bit?" Edge frowned.

"He is marrying Ali," Bono crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Adam rushed over. "When did this happen?"

"Last night," his shoulders slumped reliving it in his mind.

"What did you say when she told you?" Edge sat beside him.
"Oh she didn't tell me. I saw the fucking ring on her hand at the party. Can you believe that shit?" he asked.

Both Adam and Edge winced. No one in a million years would have predicted this as an outcome of the Hewson marriage. They seemed solid and unbreakable.

"I left the party. I couldn't deal with it," Bono said.

"That's where you went. She was looking for you," Adam snapped his fingers. "Said she thought she saw you upstairs, but you vanished."

"On purpose," he retorted."I couldn't be responsible for my actions last night in regards to her. I needed to cool down."

"I'm so sorry," Edge's heart broke for his friend. "I know you had hoped you could reconcile."

Bono shrugged. "I don't know. I think I was using it as crutch. This tour has been strange. I always had her to keep me grounded, you know? It's not easy for me to ground myself."

Edge thought of Faith. "Maybe now you can move on. There are other women."

Bono nodded slowly with his eyes on the dirt ground under his feet. There was one other woman and she was fading before his eyes.

"Where's Larry anyhow? He left the party early too. I haven't seen him all day," Edge looked around.

"He's another one with a long night," Adam said. "He and Ann broke up."

Ed looked over at Bono. "Really?"

"Yup," Bono looked up. "Packed up his stuff he said."

Edge scratched his forehead. "I hadn't seen that coming."

"It didn't surprise me," Adam stated. "He wasn't happy. He should have done it years ago. Ann is nice, but they grew apart long before now and Faith."

And Adam put it out there - the elephant in the room. Bono's skin prickled. The thought of Faith and Larry together made his insides toil violently. He could still taste her on his lips. Now somewhere behind a truck, Larry could be kissing her lips. Edge saw the stricken look on Bono's face. This was more than a crush, he surmised. Was there more going on under everyone's nose?
Adam left to find some dinner and being English, read more about the tragic death of a Princess.

"Maybe we dedicate MLK to her tonight, Diana," Bono said.

"Hey, you don't look that great," Edge leaned closer.

Bono gave him the evil eye. "You don't look that great yerself." Implying that he had his own suspicions about Edge and his tour activities.

"It's just us," Edge said. "Is there something more between you and Faith?"

"Leave it, Edge," Bono pleaded. "We are good friends. She's helped me though a difficult time. That's it."

Edge sat back. He knew Bono was hurting. What he couldn't figure out was who meant more to him - Ali or Faith? What was the thing that was upsetting him now?

"What's up?" Faith asked as they wandered the back side of the pop Mart zoo.

Larry chewed the inside of his lip. "I broke up with Ann last night."

Faith had not expected that at all. Her head spun for a moment. "I'm sorry." She felt guilty. This was her fault for wanting him. Her heart hurt for Ann who was not a bad person. She couldn't blame her for being so cold. She was watching her relationship slip through her fingers and nothing she did was going to stop it.

Larry rubbed his neck. "It was a long time coming. I know that now. It was my fault for leading her on for so long."

"How is she?" Faith tried to quickly sort out her emotions. There was a reason he was telling her this. He wanted to be with her. While a large part of her rejoiced, there was a small part that replayed her night with Bono. The way his eyes looked at her. The softness in his voice. Her body responding to him.

"I know this is sudden, and I'm not saying that it has to happen right now. It probably shouldn't anyway...."Larry stammered. "I want to get to know you better and now I'm free to do that."

Her heart melted. His eyes were so hopeful and young. "Okay....How do you suggest we do that?"
He kicked the dirt. "I have no idea. I've never done this. I've been with Ann since I was 13."
"I guess we'll take it one day at a time," she suggested.

He smiled. "Okay. C-c-can I kiss you again?" It felt like things were moving fast.Just this morning, she was kissing someone else. And she did mean it in a way. At the time, she tried not to analyze her thoughts or feelings. Her hesitation caused him to pause. "I'm sorry. It's too soon. I just broke up with Ann and I shouldn't jump into anything too fast."

She breathed a sigh of relief. Yes, she had wanted this from day one. She didn't count on it actually happening right after she being with Bono over and over again the night before. She wondered if that's why he was tense at the table. Last night, he had said they didn't have to have it all sorted, but neither of them counted on Larry. She leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "I'm just processing this all. I never thought this day would happen."

"I had this in my head for at least a few weeks. I needed to tell Ann first. I needed to be honest with her and myself. But I'm now free to start new," He took her hand. "Hopefully with you."

She wished he had told her his plan weeks ago. She would have been a friend to Bono and nothing more last night. Her body still had his fingerprints all over. All she could do was smile at Larry. Her head was spinning so fast, she had remind herself of where she was.

"We should probably get back," she said. Right now, the last person she needed to see was Bono. The thought of losing him as a friend broke her heart.

He stopped her. "Let's sort of keep this to ourselves for now. Is that okay? I don't need everyone in our business."

She nodded. "That's fine. You're right. There's no rushing anything."

He gave her a small soft kiss on her lips. "Was that okay?"

She nodded. "Yes, that was nice."

As they neared everyone milling about backstage, he dropped her hand. She didn't want Bono to see that not after the day he had.

Edge turned around expectantly. Faith peeled away towards her bands dressing room. Her head still felt fuzzy. There was no sign of Bono anywhere. She wanted to know that he was okay. When she saw him earlier with the girls, he'd been happy.

"Hey," Alex looked up as she walked in the room.

"Where's Sam and Ryan?" Faith looked around.

"They heard there was cake in the mess tent," Alex looked at Faiths ashen face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Tired. I think I'm looking forward to a few days down time. This late night after parties are a killer," she slumped in her chair eyeing her stage outfit.

"I heard about Larry. That's good, right?" Alex asked.

Faith could barely focus. "It could be. It just happened and I would hate to think it was all because of me. I don't want to be that person."

"No one person is responsible for the demise of a relationship," the topic became uncomfortable for Alex. "How is Bono?"

Faiths eyes snapped to Alex. "What do you mean?"

"You know, about Ali. That was quite a fight they had earlier, " Alex said.

"He's hurt. How could he not be? He still loves her," she wondered if that was true.

"You think he still loves her?" Alex wasn't sure about that. She had seen him light up around Faith.

"Maybe not after today," Faith wanted to stop talking about this. Her love life had gone from nonexistent to beyond complicated. Not since Bradley had she been so unsettled. "I'm thirsty. I'm getting a drink. You want something?"

"No, I'm good," Alex said.

Faith hummed to herself as she walked through the corridors looming for something stronger than water. There was a weight on her chest that she could not lift. She plunged her hand into the ice to grab a beer. Tossing the cap on the floor, she took a large gulp in hopes of shaking this feeling.

"Thirsty?" Bono asked from behind.

She choked and coughed. He rushed over and placed his hand on her back. "Are you okay?" She nodded with tears in her eyes. "Can you breathe?" She nodded again and gasped for air.

"Wrong tube," she wiped her eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he peered into her face. He gave her a lopsided grin. "Will you require mouth to mouth?"

She shot him a glare. "No."

He straightened his back. "That's okay. Larry can do that now." He didn't attempt to hide the bitterness in his voice.

She looked down. "I'll be very sad if we can't be friends anymore. Is that how it is now?”

He wanted to be angry with her and lash out somewhere. “No, that’s not what I want. This is very weird. All of it. For the longest time, it was Ali and I and Larry and Ann. Now, it’s......” his voice trailed off thinking of the three-legged stool it was now. “Different.” He looked around. They were alone. “Don’t tell him.”

She frowned. “Tell him....”

“About us. Don’t tell him about us. It will hurt him and just cause tension,” he shifted his weight anxiously. “He wouldn’t understand.”

“Isn’t that lying?” she asked.

“How would you explain it?” Bono asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I don’t think I understand it.”

They stared at each other. Please kiss me, he begged silently. “So this stays between us?”

“If you think that’s best, yes,” she said quietly. “Are we okay? Because it doesn’t feel like it.”

She looked as if she could cry. She didn’t want to lose him as a friend. He had become more important to her than she ever expected.

“Of course,” he swallowed hard. “I couldn’t have gotten through all this shit without you.” He pulled her into a hug. “We’re always going to be friends. Did ya think you’d get rid of me that easily?”

He felt her muffled laughter against his chest. It’s not over, he told himself. He just needed to be more patient. Sooner or later, she would see that her and Larry really had nothing in common. Nigel was right, they were 2 halves of one whole.

“I should get ready,” she sighed. “I think I’m looking forward to a good night sleep.” She blushed a bit.

He grinned. “This is where I would make a highly inappropriate comment or offer usually. But I’ll just think it.”

She raised her eyebrows. “Okay, I’ll leave you to that.”

As she walked away, her legs felt weak and unstable. She couldn’t wait to wake up and have it be another day. Leaning against the wall, he watched her walk away. There was still hope. He knew he had effected her. He was a part of her now. Plunging his hand into the ice, he pulled out a beer. He grabbed for Larry too.

Alex watched Faith tear up the stage. She was on fire tonight for all her moaning about being tired. There was an angry edge to her as she belted out Kiss With A Fist and Feeling Good. Dublin loved Strict Machine. U2 had embraced them so Ireland did as well. They had decided to try some of their new material.

“You have been a great crowd. We want to thank U2 for inviting us to be a part of their lives and giving us an amazing life the last few months. We’ve been working on new material and we’d like to play one of our new songs,” she walked to her piano. Off stage, she saw both Larry and Bono watching intently. Why did she choose this song?

“Save me, Save me, Save me
Save me, Save me, Save me.
The candles are lit. The curtains are drawn.
There's still no sign of rain nor dawn.
Our lips touch. Our limbs entwine.
But the ghosts that haunt me won't leave my mind.”
Save me, Save me, Save me
Save me, Save me, from myself.”

She lifted her head to see Bono chewing on the tip of his thumb with his eyes burning into her. Did she write this for her or for him?

“One sin leads to another one.
Oh, the harder I try
I can never, never, never find peace in this life.
I ask myself where does lust come from
Is it something to yield to or be overcome.
I ask myself
Why love can never touch my heart like fear does.
Why can't love ever touch my heart like fear does?”

Bono stood behind Larry. He knew her gaze was for him. Their eyes connected and held for a moment. Smiling to himself, he turned to get ready for the show.

The whole night was fueled by a strange energy. There was a somberness that blanketed the crowd as they all stared in shock over Diana’s death. Personally, it had been a trying day for Bono. Lack of sleep had him wound tightly. At Larry’s request, Faith watched behind the stage. Through the show, he stole glances and smiled in her direction. But he wasn’t the only one. He had promised Faith that he’d be her friend, but he didn’t promise he’d push for more. And as they played a scorching version of ‘All I Want is You’, he stared her squarely in the eye as he sang.

“All I want is you! All I want is you!”

The butterflies in her stomach turned to sparrows as she thought about the duet coming up. She ran backstage to have a shot of anything to calm her nerves. She was sure she’d forget the dance steps tonight. Thinking about him pressed against her, she broke into a cold sweat. She shifted her feet as she waited for Edge to play the opening strains of ‘Something Stupid’.

That smiled rested on his lips as she danced towards on stage. Tonight, the performance was particularly heated. His hands on her hips pressed her to him filling her head with flashback to just hours before. He never looked from her face as he sang with a pointed seriousness.

“I practice every day to find some clever lines to say
To make the meaning come through
But then I think I’ll wait until the evening gets late
And I’m alone with you”

He brought her hand against his cheek.

“The time is right your perfume fills my head, the stars get red
And oh the night’s so blue
And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: I love you(I love you, I love you,...)”

Suddenly, this didn’t feel like a just a song anymore. She could blame the sun or lights for her scarlet cheeks. She broke his powerful gaze to see if anyone understood what had transpired. Everyone else on stage was busy playing their instruments.

As she sang the final, “I love you...” she attempted to drew away slowly. His arms locked around. He placed a kiss on the palm of her hand. She shuddered and glanced at Larry.

“Faith Sullivan everyone,” he bowed to her and released her hand.
With a wave, she retreated off stage. She smiled to Larry as she passed by, feeling a little guilty. It wasn’t often that she opted to shower in the stadium facilities. Tonight, she did. The air had been damp and she needed to wash away the day. Since discovering Bono in the hallway of that club, it had been a roller-coaster.

“Faith, we’re going up to see the dedication to Diana,” Alex called. “You coming.”

“Yeah,” she turned off the scalding water. Quickly, she dried herself off to pull on a pair of jeans and t-shirt to join Alex, Ryan and Sam backstage.

There was a moment of silence for Princess Diana after ‘MLK’. Ryan wrapped his arm around Faith feeling sad for a reason he couldn’t explain. The crowd looked a little lost tonight. There was joy and heartache in tonight’s show.

No one felt that sense of loss more than Bono. Right after ‘One’, he launched into ‘Unchained Melody’. It was continuation of his grief from the day. He closed his eyes and thought of Ali, Harry and William, and Faith.

“I need your love, I need your love
God speed your love to me.”

He winked in the direction of the backstage where Strict Machine and crew watched. His nod was for Faith, her arms around Ryan. It didn’t go over Ryan’s head. He had been very aware of the invisible tether between Faith and Bono. Their glances and energy had become increasingly intimate. If Faith had gone there, Ryan was upset that she didn’t share every delicious detail with him. If that was true, however, it was more than just physical. He wondered if the newest rumor was true - that Larry was now single. How would that change the dynamic between Bono and Faith?

Against her wishes, Faith was dragged to the small after show party downstairs in the Kitchen. She promised Larry that she would go for one drink. She only agreed because all she needed to do to go to bed was climb into the elevator to her room. Her bed was still made from the day before, but she longed for it now. She sat with Larry at the bar. They talked about the new album. He liked the new song. Faith hoped that someone recorded it since she had completely changed the lyrics in the middle of the song. Inspired by recent events, the words she had written didn’t make as much sense as the ones that fell from her mouth. With weary eyes, she watched Alex and Edge dance around each other with gazes. A gut feeling told her that she and Bono were not the only inter-band tryst. While she wanted to ask, she didn’t want the question directed at her.

Bono, on his third glass of whiskey, settled into a corner booth with Gavin. He told him all about what happened last night with Ali leading to the angry words this morning. Gavin didn’t seem shocked which Bono to believe that he might have known. He was too tired to be pissed at Gavin. They all were a tight group of friends, so it made sense that Gavin didn’t want to choose sides. His eyes looked past his friend to the bar where Larry and Faith sat. It looked innocent enough. Larry’s eyes were alight as they rested on her face. It was the first time in awhile he’d seen Larry so animated. Faith just looked tired. Secretly, he smiled knowing he had a hand in that. Long before he knew about Larry and Ann, Bono had designs on spending the night with her again. He didn’t care if they made love - he just wanted to hold her through the night. Now, he would retire to his room alone aware of the space she occupied the night before. A tall dark haired beauty shimmied up to his table. His eyes flicked to her.

“Hi, I was hoping for a dance,” she cooed.

While he didn’t feel like dancing, he caught Faith’s eyes watching them. He smiled up at her. “Sure, why not?” He slid his hand in hers and allowed her to pull him to the dance floor.

She wrapped her long arms around his neck and moved suggestively against him. Over her shoulder, Bono locked his eyes on Faith watching him. Was that jealousy flashing in her gaze? She knew what he was doing, and had no interest in being his audience.

“You know, I think I’m turning in,” she said.

Larry looked at his watch. “It’s still pretty early.”

“I’m exhausted. I need to go to bed,” she said.

“Do you want to me to walk you up?” he asked. He blushed. “That’s not what I meant....”

She laughed lightly. “I know. You know, another night. Is that okay?”

He nodded. “Yeah, there’s plenty of time for that.”

“Thanks,” she kissed his cheek. “Goodnight.” She slid off the stool. As she passed Bono and his new lady friend, she gave him a pointed nod. “Have a good night.”

He looked over his shoulder as she disappeared into the elevator. He seriously considered following her. Tonight was not the night for that. After the song, he kissed her beauty’s hand and returned to his table with Gavin. One more drink and he would go to his room. It was probably a good thing that he didn’t know Faith’s room number.

Love is a Blind Ambition - Concrete Blonde
YouTube - Concrete Blonde - Love is a Blind Ambition

Bluer Than Midnight - The The
YouTube - The The - Bluer than midnight

Remixed version, yes please. Could you send it to my other email, kateystar@gmail.com ?My gmail might actually take it first try...hopefully...Yahoo's just pissing me off.

I thought this chapter was amazing. Well, not only was so much happening at once, it all flowed together well. Not so much an emotional rollercoaster, instead there seems to be more direction to everyone's decisions. Bono's sadness was heartwrenching again but he seems more grounded with Faith around. It was nice that he seemed so sure they might stay together, too...

Feeling bad for Lardence, now. Then again, I'm a little biased in his favor ;) But...he really doesn't have a clue what he's getting into...

And I liked the bit about taking Eve and Jordan to see the lemon :giggle: so long as it doesn't break down, isn't that seriously a perfect thing for kids? yes, I do believe it is...

And nice how you included Gavin ;) it makes sense that he'd be around for at least one of these major events...they are friends anyhow...

For me it felt emotional. I'm trying to understand why Faith would even want Larry now. If it were me, I'd be full speed ahead with Bono. But I think her past might make her gun shy in going into a relationship that would consume her. Larry is more level headed, and perhaps she feels she needs that now. She's seen Bono's highs and lows.....and that can be a scary thing to get really involved with and give yourself over to.

Katey, I emailed you from my gmail too. Maybe AOL is being stupid.

this was a long ass chapter, and i loved it :applaud: I'm more than biased but I swear she has to be friggen crazy if she doesn't ultimately end up with Bono. the connection between them isn't just one sided, atleast I don't think it is. but yeah... remix please! lol

I have to admit this is my favorite chapter so far. I had this in my head for months. I had the confrontation between Ali and Bono written for weeks. And I agree. I'll admit that Bono started out as a jerk and he was supposed to stay a jerk this being the moment he changed. But he sort evolved differently than planned. They really weren't supposed to be friends at this point, but it just happened. Their connection goes far deeper than her and Larry's. But...you know....you gotta make it hard to get there if that's what happens. Otherwise, this would be close to the end. :sexywink:

Wow. The PopMart tour was just one mess of angst, eh? Why are all our Bono characters not having good times of it? This must have to do with the person to work with- or maybe even in the most hardcore U2 fans, there's still a deeply rooted longing to be cruel to Bono? Hm.
I love how clueless Larry is, thought that won't end up well, and how neither Alex nor Faith will discuss the truth to each other- same with Bono and Edge, no one but the couples really know what all is going on.
Oh, and the part with the girls was soooooo cute!

Why are all our Bono characters not having good times of it?

They're just so much fun to put in angsty situations. To be fair, though, I've done that to everyone else too...

Oh yeah, forgot to add, agreed with Blue about Bono's kids. That was adorable. I like how they sort of look up to Faith, but wonder if that would stay if their dad ended up being in a serious relationship with her. Friendship or admiration is one thing, taking part of the place of Ali is another...

Bono was starting to have a good time right before Bob died. And even after. He was enjoying the friendship with Faith and the possibility of being with Ali again. Besides, Bono in angst is a little more interesting than having him super happy. The only people happy are Ryan and Adam if you think about it. Larry was toiling over what to do with Ann. Sam senses something is off with Alex.

Yeah, I liked the scene with the girls. It was a tender moment for Faith and Bono to share. As for the girls, it would depend how a relationship was handled. And Faith's willingness to try. It would helpful that she lives in NYC. But, that would be if they ended up together. :ohmy:

This story is getting better and better and I can't wait for the next chapter, in the meanwhile would you send me the extended version flooli7 at gmail.com

I'll get back to you with a better worded response, but right now, this is all I've got:

:faint:

First you turn me into a Bono fangirl, now an Edge fangirl. :tsk: :D

Back
Top Bottom