Please - 27 the final chapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
PHEW. People, I have finished my first 'book'. It's sad and silly that it's fanfic, but there it is - 435 pages. :ohmy:

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I'm so glad that you all enjoyed this story. I really enjoyed writing it. I'll miss these characters. But that's what's good about fanfic I guess. Some of the those characters are always there just waiting for a new story - or in my case - for you to pick up an old story. Good news Mysterious Ways fans, I'm starting to think of that again!

This is mostly fiction - though some is based on 100% fact. At the end, I will disclose the fact in the fiction.

Thanks everyone! :wave:

U2 - City of Blinding Lights Live from Chicago 2005 - YouTube

Faith turned to Alex. "What do you think?"

Alex gasped. "Oh my God, Faith. You look amazing. "

Faith blushed. "You think?"

"He's going to fall in love with you all over again," Alex said.

Faith smoothed down the pale pink silk that was her wedding dress. Alex and Faith stood in the very dressing room where it all started. When Faith and Bono returned to New York, word got to them that the club had been closed. Bono, feeling emotional and nostalgic, convinced Edge to buy it with him. He knew immediately that was where they should get married. The club would be renovated in time for the wedding. Faith was a little uncertain about the choice. He was set in his mind that it needed to be there on the anniversary of Bob's death. That was the night that changed his life forever.

Now Faith and Alex were back in the now slightly larger dressing room. The stench of urine and stale beer were gone. Alex, her maid of honor, stood beside her in emerald green.

"Did you talk to Edge last night?" Faith applied some lipstick.

Alex swallowed hard. "I didn't get a chance."

On the Australian tour, they stayed away from each other. Except for the last night on the tour. Wine flowed. Sam passed out. Their bodies clashed in a suffocated passion. It was amazing and terrifying. They wouldn't see each other until yesterday.

"You know he's not with Morleigh anymore," Faith glanced over to gauge her face.

"This is your day," Alex waved absentmindedly. "Let's talk about you."

"I'm sorted out. I'm marrying my best friend. I have two wonderful daughters now," Faith beamed. She fell in love with his girls the moment she walked through the door. Christmas had been amazing. Things had gone so well, they joined Faith and Bono in Australia. They really were a family. And Bono made it quite clear that the first order of business was adding children of their own - including Emira. “I’m worried about you.”

“I’m fine,” Alex lied as she mussed with her hair.

"I saw the way you and Edge looked at each other last night," Faith said.

Alex fiddled with hair some more. "I'm engaged to Sam."

Faith placed her hands on Alex's shoulders. "You don't belong with him. Life is way too short to deny yourself happiness and too long to be with the wrong person."

"What about the band? If Sam and I break up, it would fuck up the band," Alex said.

"I love you more than the band. We'd figure it out. Either he'd get over it or we'd get a new bassist. It's not like it hasn't been done before," Faith said. "Don't short change your life."

A knock on the door distracted them. Alex moved to the door. "Who is it? Not the groom, I hope."

"No, it's John and Patty," a voice called.

That was the end of that conversation. Faith hoped it gave Alex something to consider. Patty started to cry as she saw the daughter that once had such a grim future stand before her glowing in a wedding dress. Earlier in the year, she'd won an American Music Award and not one but two Grammys. Faith's future couldn't be any brighter. She hugged both John and Faith. Their relationship was still bumpy and tentative. But she was here to share such a special day with her children. Another knock. Eve and Jordan brimmed with excitement in their pale pink flower girls dresses. They oohed and ahhed at Faith in her dress. Jordan reported that her dad was doing that nervous thing with his hands. Eve added that he was pacing and mumbling. Faith smiled thinking of Bono having pre-show nerves. Alex ushered everyone out of the dressing room so Faith could finish getting ready.

"Are you ready?" Alex smiled.

Faith's mouth was suddenly dry. "Can I have a moment?"

"Of course," Alex grabbed her flowers. "I'll be near the stairs."

For the first time all day, it was quiet. From the moment she woke up, the day hummed around her. There were questions to answer. Seating charts to check. The phone rang off the hook. The girls were staying with Faith and Bono. They had been up late the night before and bouncing off the walls that morning. Now, she had a few moments to herself before she became his wife. Sitting in front of the mirror, she clasped her hands together and closed her eyes.

"Dad, I wish you were here. I know that you are in some way, but I wish you could meet the man I'm about to marry. I wish you could share this day with us. I want to thank you for looking over me from up there." Quietly, she added God to her thanks and prayers.

"You look amazing," the voice behind her said.

Slowly, she looked in the mirror to see Bradley behind her. "What are you doing here?" Her voice was as cold as her blood.

He smiled sheepishly. "I heard about your big day."

She turned to face him feeling very exposed in her dress. "And you felt compelled to come?" She tried to keep her voice steady.

He took one step forward. "I went to your old place, but you had moved. I guess somewhere much ritzier."

"How did you get in?" She searched his face for any trace of substance abuse. He looked older than the last time she'd seen him. Deep lines embedded in his forehead. His eyes looked like the clear blue when they had been in love. He wore a dark blue suit with no tie. She saw the faint scar under his chin from when Ryan threw him out of his hallway. His ice blue eyes cut through her. He’d cut his hair short, and it looked darker.

"I said I was your cousin Bob," he smiled.

She frowned. "They are supposed to check invitations. "

He took her in, head to toe. "You look incredible, Faith. I've been following your career and success. I swear, you and your music got me through rehab."

"So, you're clean?" She asked. Why was here? What did he want?

He nodded proudly. "I just got my 6 month chip last week." He dug into his pocket to show her. “It was you. Even from far away. It was you.”

"I'm glad, Bradley. Really I am," she was happy. Even happier that he wasn't on something that could make him unpredictable at the moment.

Sadness seeped into his eyes, "I miss the way you say my name."

"Why did you come here?" She swallowed hard.

"I guess I had to see it for my own two eyes. I always hoped that once I cleaned up my act that there would be forgiveness and something to go back to. I knew that wasn't the case when I saw you and the U2 singer plastered all over the magazines. Then I saw the proposal on TV. If I hadn't fucked up, it'd be me," Bradley sighed.

"You can't think like that." Faith wanted this moment over. She should be finding Alex. He was waiting for her.

He nodded. "I know. I wanted you to know that I was better. And I am happy for you. Does he make you happy?"

Her lips curled into a small smile. "Happier than I've ever known."

That stung Bradley's chest. "I'm glad."

"Hey babe," Bono peered around the corner. "Are you getting cold.." He stopped short when he was Bradley. "Oh, sorry."

Faith crossed to take his hand. "Bono, this is Bradley. He just stopped by to congratulate us."

Bono's jaw hardened. "That was very nice of him." He coiled a protective arm around her. "Everyone was getting antsy."

She gave him a squeeze. "By everyone, you mean you, right?"

"Well yeah. I know you probably didn't want me to see you before the wedding," he said.

She chuckled lightly. "You were the first person I saw today."

He blushed. "This is true."

As they stared into each other as if nothing else existed, Bradley knew it was time to leave.

"I'm sorry to delay your big moment," Bradley cleared his throat.

Bono offered his hand. "Thank you for your well wishes."

Bradley tore his eyes from Faith. "Good luck to you both." Hastily, his lips brushed her cheek.

He stared into Bono's face. "You have an amazing wife."

"I know," Bono beamed.

Bradley was gone. Bono felt Faith exhale.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She wrapped her arms around him. "I am now."

He kissed her shoulder. "It took every ounce of control to not beat the shit out of him for what he did to you."

"You were very civil. It's over. Any time we've been in New York, he's hung over my head. It's over though. He's sober and I hope he stays that way. But he knows it is completely over." She stepped back to take him in. He looked gorgeous in his dark grey suit. “Look at you, Mr. Handsome.”

Now that Bradley was gone, he was able to look at Faith. She took his breath away. He touched her cheek and pressed her hand to his lips. “You look so beautiful tonight in this city of blinding lights.”

“Are you going to marry me or what?” she asked.

“Oh, I’m going to marry you, alright,” he kissed her. “Then I’m going to whisk you away and make love to my new wife.”

She giggled. “Come on. You better go downstairs. We have a converted nightclub waiting for us.”

“Do you like it? I did it for you,” he whispered against her temple.

“It’s one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me,” she nodded.

“Get used to a lifetime of that,” with one last kiss, he turned on his heel.

~~~~~

"Are you okay?" Alex rushed over as Faith made her way to the stairs. "Bono told me that Bradley was here."

Faith nodded trying to shed the jittery feeling. "He wanted to offer his best wishes."

"Bono was pretty pissed off. He had Edge talk to security," Alex said.

"It's fine. Luckily, he meant no harm. I'm sure he hoped there was something left. But he knows there isn't. "Faith adjusted her hair. "Is everyone in place? I'm ready to get married."

John stepped forward. "Then let's go." He took her hand.

Bagpipes filled the huge building. On the stage, Bono fidgeted and shifted his weight as if he were taking the stage. In a split second, he flashed to that night over a year ago. He thought of stench and seediness. This nightclub was the last place he wanted to be that night. Larry had to drag him out his apartment where he just wanted to drink a bottle of wine and wallow in self-pity. He remembered the girl that barreled on to the stage and into his life. Edge nudged him and looked up to the balcony. The most beautiful sight was descending the stairs with a dazzling smile for him. His heart stopped for a moment. It was too perfect. John led Faith down the stairs to walk the aisle leading the the stage. Adam looked across Jocelyn to see Larry's face. There was the slight stab as Larry watched Faith climb the stairs to the stage to join Bono. Maybe he knew all along this was the conclusion for all of them. Larry recalled leaning on the rail watching her own the stage. She was so different from him. That was part of the attraction. He saw a little of who he wanted to be in her. Watching her and Bono gaze at one another, this was right.
Bono shook John's hand as they approached. He kissed his sister's cheek as she and Bono joined hands. Edge swallowed hard as he faced Alex. She looked beautiful in her emerald green dress. Her eyes shone as they met his gaze. They had been the guardian angels to this event.

Gavin smiled at the lovebirds. "Hello and welcome to the marriage of Faith and Paul." Bono frowned. "Oh sorry, Bon-o." There was a light titter across the room. "I've known the groom for most of my life. In the past few months, I've had the pleasure of getting to know the bride. I tried very hard to woo her away, but she has her heart set on this eejit."

Bono rolled his eyes. "Can you not say eejit during my vows?"

More laughter. Faith lovingly rubbed his back.

Gavin cleared his throat. "We are gathered here to bear witness to the union of Faith and Bono. Do you come together of your own free will with nothing but love in your hearts?"

"We do," they replied in unison.

He looked at Faith. "Are you sure?"

She laughed while Bono regretted asking Gavin to preside over their marriage. Guggi would have made a better minister.

Faith looked at Bono. "I'm sure."

"She's a keeper." Gavin winked.

"I'm trying," Bono sighed.

Gavin cleared his throat once more. "Since you both willingly come before your friends and family, I remind you that marriage is not to be entered into lightly or foolishly. If there is anyone among us that knows of why these two hearts should not be joined forever, please let your voices be heard."

Faith cast a gaze across the guests. She held her breath in hopes that Bradley did not find his way back inside the building. Her eyes caught on Larry who offered a weak smile and nod.

Gavin smiled. "Okay then, let's continue."

Edge’s stare bore a hole through Alex.

"Who is here to witness this union?" Gavin asked.

Both Edge and Alex stepped forward. "We do."

"Do you promise to help aid them through troubles and celebrate joyous moments?"

Edge smirked. "We've been doing that."

Bono chuckled and swiped at his friend. "Shhh."

Edge winked at Alex. "We do."

The light dawned for Ryan. He stole a quick glance at Sam beside him. How did he not see it? It was now painfully obvious to Ryan. Looking at Alex's blush, Ryan wondered if there would be another wedding next year.

"Lovely," Gavin grinned. "Things are moving along smoothly. Faith and Bono, please face each other and join hands." He looked up from his book. "Oh. You are. Grand."

“Bono , will you take this woman, whose hands you hold, choosing her alone to be your wedded wife?Will you love her, comfort her, through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, honor her at all times, and be faithful to her?” Gavin asked.

Bono smiled. “I will.”

“Faith , will you take this man, whose hands you hold, choosing him alone to be your wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, honor him at all times, and be faithful to him?”

She gave his had a squeeze. “I will.”

Gavin smiled. “Brilliant! I understand you have brought rings as a token of your sincerity?”

Bono looked to Edge who comedically patted his pockets with a look of feigned panic. He produced two platinum rings with ‘Soulmate’ etched in Gaelic. He handed them to Gavin.

“As you take these I would have you remember that to love is to come together from the pathways of your past and move forward...Hand in hand, along the uncharted roads of your future, ready to risk, to dream, and to dare.... And always believe that all things are possible with faith and love in each other. The ring is a circle, representing that there is no end to your love, it is eternal,” Gavin handed the smaller ring to Bono. He noticed that Bono’s hands shook a little. “You’re almost home, mate,” he uttered. Bono blushed. He didn’t remember being this nervous the first time around.

Bono turned to her as he glanced at the notes Gavin made for them. He looked deep into those eyes that saved him from the depths of darkness. “I Paul David , take you Faith to be my wife, to love and cherish, from this day forward, and to pledge you my life. With this ring, I thee wed. Let it ever be to us a symbol of our love.” He slipped the ring on her finger.

From the audience, they heard a few sniffles. Gavin handed the heavy ring to Faith.

“I, Faith Iris” She smiled as Bono’s eyes widened. There were a few gasps from the guests. “You didn’t know that was my middle name?”

“No, I didn’t,” he said soft as whisper. Suddenly, he felt the presence of both parents beside him.

“I, Faith Irish, take you Paul , to be my husband, to love and to cherish, from this day forward, and to pledge you my life. With this ring, I thee wed. Let it ever be to us a symbol of our love,” Faith had some trouble pushing the ring as his thick finger. The cool metal was oddly comforting to him.

Gavin looked up. "Faith and Bono, being songwriters, have written their own vows." He looked to her. "Faith..."

She took a deep breath. "I stared at paper for hours trying to capture my feelings about on it to give to you today. I realized that my words weren't good enough to convey that. So, I chose someone else’s." She cleared her throat.

"Looking out on the morning rain, I used to feel so uninspired.
And when I knew I had to face another day, Lord it made me so tired.
Before the day I met you, life so unkind.
You're the key to my piece of mind.
Cause you make me feel, you make me feel like, you make me feel like a natural woman.
When my soul was in the lost and found, you came along to claim it.
I didn't know just what was wrong with me, till your kiss helped me name it.
Now I'm no longer doubtful of what I'm living for 

Cause if I make you happy I don't need no more 

Cause you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like

A natural woman.”

Bono's mouth hung open. Impulsively, he took her face in his hands and kissed her. She felt his tears dampen her cheeks.

"I didn't get to that part," Gavin cried out.

Bono pressed his forehead to hers. "That was beautiful. "

"Mr. Hewson, your turn," Gavin said.

He wiped his cheeks. Faith's fingers helped him. "I should've gone first. How do I follow that?" He took a steadying breath and her hands into both of his. "Faith, from the moment you walked onto this stage, I knew you'd be the one to save me. I know I was an arse when we first met. You were immune to my usual charms." He grinned crookedly. "When my father died, you became my everything without knowing it. You were the calm in the storm. Your arms were the ones I sought to console and hold me. My heart was yours. Faith, I give you my everything. My heart, my body, my soul. I have found my soulmate in you. I love you."

Alex pressed her finger into the corner of her eye. While she was thrilled for them, the gaping hole in her bled pain. She knew Edge was staring at her - daring her to meet his gaze. Not now. Not on this stage in front of everyone.

Gavin swallowed hard. Seeing Bono struggle for the year leading up to his separation from Ali and the desolate years after, his heart raced as they pledged themselves.

"The vows we have witnessed here are sacred. What God and I have joined may no man put asunder. By the power invested in by the Universal Church and the great State of New York. I pronounce you husband and wife."He turned to Bono. "You may NOW kiss your bride."

With a grin so large it threatened to split his face in two, he gathered Faith in his arms. "Finally."

To the cheers and wild applause, they kissed passionately.

"Don't mess up her makeup, son," Gavin called as he clapped. It is my supreme joy to present to you Paul, er, Bono and Faith Hewson."

Tightly, Bono held her hand as they faced their friends and family. He leaned in close. "I love you."

She smiled back. "I love you too. Let's get this party going. I'm starved."

He laughed as the bagpipes filled the club. Alex looped her arm around Edges as they followed Bono and Faith to the adjacent room for the cocktail reception.

"We did it," he leaned close.

She nodded. "We did. They didn't make it easy."

He chuckled. "No they didn't."

~~~~~

The guests milled about the cocktail reception as the tables were set for dinner. Most weddings, the bride and groom barely saw each other as they bustled around greeting guests. Bono would not leave her side. He had waited a long time for this day. He wanted to spend every moment with her and the girls. His heart caught in his chest as he watched Faith and the girls dance. He couldn't ask for a better transition. They welcomed Faith with open arms and hearts. Ali seemed unsure at first. She knew he could be impulsive. After a home cooked dinner, her mind was at ease. She watched the way Faith complemented Bono. Maybe she could keep up with his crazy life.

Alex shifted uncomfortably in her chair beside Alex. She had a feeling that Faith had nestled her between Edge and Sam on purpose. Edge’s leg repeated brushed against hers. He leaned his body closer to talk to her. She knew the champagne wasn't clouding her head. However his scent was driving her insane.

He stood to give his speech. Slowly, the din quieted as all eyes turned to him."I've heard the mushy toasts where the best man gets up and starts talking about how the bride and groom are really two halves of one whole. And you're thinking, how original." The room laughed. He motioned to Bono and Faith seated to his left. "In their case, it's really true and really creepy." Rolling laughter rippled through the room. "I remember standing backstage watching Faith with Bono one night. I turned to him and said, ever wonder what would happen if you were a woman? He looked at me like I was mad. I pointed to Faith and said, that’s the female you." He looked at her. "The best half of him, of course. Leave it to Bono to fall in love with himself. "More laughter. "I had the pleasure of watching them move from adversaries to friends to lovers. I could almost pinpoint the moment they fell in love and it was probably sooner than they realize. The road here was a bit bumpy. But I know you have a lifetime ahead of you. I wish and hope and want that every second is filled with health, happiness and love. You both deserve it. Mazel tov."

Glasses clinked. Bono grabbed Edge in a big bear hug. He knew that Edge was a driving force behind today. He turned to his bride to planted a wet sloppy kiss on her lips to the cheers of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex leaned over the railing gazing below at the dance floor. Sam was doing shots with Larry. He'd be sloppy drunk when they got home. She envisioned trying to pretend to sleep as to not go through the motions of drunken sex with him. After Bono and Faith got engaged and set their date in 7 short months, Sam pressured Alex to also set a date. She decided August - of the following year. Then he wanted her to move in with him. With her lease ending, there was nothing that prevented her or gave her good enough reason not to. Her eyes turned away from the back slapping and drunken hollers. She knew why Larry might be getting snookered. Sam was just looking for an excuse. Bono and Faith were nestled in each others arms swaying slowly. They laughed as they talked in hushed voices. With his finger, he tilted her face to him and kissed her softly. At times, they were hard to watch during the last leg of the tour. Alex never begrudged Faith for finally finding happiness. It was just difficult to be in the presence of that when she felt the walls of her own life close in.

"You're deep in thought," Edge leaned in beside her.

Her pulse jumped. "Just watching the newlyweds."

"They are cute," he sighed. "And a little sickening."

She nudged him. "Come on, they deserve this."

He nodded slowly. "They do. When is it our turn, Alex?" He turned to her.

Her mouth went dry. "I-I-I don't know what...."

"I can't deny my feelings anymore. I'm in love with you and know you love me. Don't marry Sam." He was so matter of fact.

"But the band..." she started.

"Don't marry for that. Take the band away. Would you choose him?" He asked.

"No," she whispered. It was liberating to even think it. I don't love Sam.

"Faith and I have talked. She wants you to be happy. I have a feeling Ryan wants the same," he cast a gaze at Bono and Faith still in the dance floor curled together. "I want that. With you, I'd have that. We've wasted enough time, Alexandra. " He slipped his arms around her. "Be with me." He kissed her hungrily. She didn't care that people could see them. She wound her arms around his neck. The emotions she pushed down for so long erupted like a volcano.

"Casually glance towards the balcony," Faith whispered.

Bono shifted his eyes upward. He squinted to see a couple locked in a passionate embrace. "Is that who I think....?"

"Uh-huh," her eyes searched for Sam.

"I wonder if they know they can be seen," he wondered. "Where's Sam?"

"With Larry at the bar. How fitting," she said dryly.

"Does he see?" He asked. He imagined the ensuing drama unfolding.

"Doesn't look like it," she said.

"Should we do something? " He wasn't sure what that would be.

"No. This is how it should end. They should be together. Sam and Alex were not meant to be together." She did feel bad for Sam. He wasn't a bad person, just not the one Alex loved.

"What about the band?" He asked.

"We'll manage. You guys did," she said.

He nodded. "Yeah, but you and Larry weren't engaged and together for years."

She sighed. "He'll either rise above it or we get another bassist. The songwriting is really Alex, Ryan and I. Would it suck? Yes. We're in the middle of recording. But look at them," she glanced up. Alex and Edge were fused together. Faith knew it would be different this time. "That is what's important above everything. "

Bono smiled. "Yes it is. And it only took us getting married."

Alex and Edge left together. Sam staggered the club later in the night looking for her. Quickly, Faith pulled Ryan aside to inform him of the situation. Ryan’s shoulders drooped. Not only would he need to give up his evening agenda to host Sam in his couch, but Strict Machine would never be the same.

~~~~~

He hung up the phone. "It’s a boy."

"A boy? How many pounds?" She asked.

"He said eight pounds," he answered.

"And the name?" She asked.

"Paul," he smiled.

She smirked. "Paul, eh?" She looked down at the sleeping baby in her arms. "It looks like David will have a friend."

Bono smiled. "Or co-conspirator."

“That sounds about right. How’s Alex doing?” she dropped a kiss on David’s soft head.

“He said she’s doing great. They barely made it to the hospital. Three pushes and he was out,” he said.

“Figures,” she muttered. Of course Edge’s baby would come into the world civilly. Faith was in labor for 18 hours. Little David’s voice filled the delivery room after 3 long hours of pushing and screaming from Faith.

“We’ll go by tomorrow if you want,” he pulled his wife close. “Are the girls asleep?”

“I think so. Emira is nervous to start school next week. Eve said she’d show her around. I’m so glad they took to her,” Faith whispered as David shifted in her arms and let out a contented sigh.

“How long do you think the baby will sleep?” he asked. Faith heard the mischief in his voice.

“An hour, maybe more,” she said.

Carefully, he scooped up his son to place him in his bassinet. “We don’t need much more than that.” He slid beside her on the couch pressing his lips to her warm neck.

“I just got the okay from the doctor for that kind of activity,” she chuckled.

“I know, but I am craving you, love. It’s been 7 weeks,” his lips trailed her jawline. “Motherhood is ridiculously sexy on you. Watching you cuddle our son is beautiful.”

“Has it been 7 weeks?” her arms instinctively curled around his neck. After three years, her body still responded to his.

His nose nuzzled her chin. “Yes, I swear it was that night we made love on this sofa that started your labor.”

“I don’t know. Are you sure everyone is asleep?” she felt that familiar flush of excitement build in her stomach.

“Yes...” he kissed her. He knew her resolve was weakening. “Please let me make love to you. Please.”

The End

Okay, fact
I sang Natural Woman as part of my vows when I married my husband. And my labor was like Faith's. 18 hours and 3.5 hours of pushing to get my daughter out

:wave:

I thought that was cute too. I liked that fact that at the beginning of that section, you didn't know who had the baby.

I KNEW BRADLEY WOULD TURN UP. The inner evil plot maker in me told me it was too good a scene for you to pass up writing.

:giggle: Oh Gavin. So entertaining.

I am so glad Alex and Edge finally figured it out...

And—David! :cute: (of course he's a screamy baby, with those parents XD) and Paul! :cute: :cute: :cute: Imagining an Edgebaby named Paul just overwhelms my sense of cuteness. (David the Bonoling is probably cute too...damn you, you didn't describe them much, so I'm going to have random kid descriptions floating around my head...)

The fact that they remembered Emira, of course, makes me practically want to cry from happiness.

Awright. That was great. Settling into MW yet or is it new story time?

Both. I will be working on 3 stories simultaneously. I have MW and Acrobat - which tells the story of how it all started during the ZooTv. It will be strange writing Gloria in a 20 year span. Her at 21 and her at 39. Wonder if I can pull it off.
And I have another story I'm mulling over.

Holy fuck. Well, good luck with that. Do you feel like me now? :wink: I keep wrestling with more plot than I should try to handle, but really it's quite enjoyable once it's accomplished.

So long as you explain what's gone on in between the year gaps and establish the differences well, it'll all make sense fine.

Another story? Man. You have got a busily plot-ing mind. I'm slightly envious.

Once the floodgates open.....and getting feedback from everyone really fuels the process. Yeah, I'll see how the whole 1992 v. 2010 things works. That's why it is 2 separate stories. I think the main difference will be how Gloria handles Bono. In 1992, she's a lovesick puppy with mooning eyes for him (who can blame her). In 2010, she's older and she's been in the trenches with him and the band. She also has a very realistic view of their relationship and its limitations. Writing Bono will be harder. In 1992, he was over the top and reveling in his new found persona. In 2010, he's more mature and grounded. He's lived a bit more - done more.

More mature and grounded? :giggle: Maybe. I remember a wonderfully immature Bono in Oakland.

So...it's actually going to be 2 different stories, you're not alternating chapters or anything? This should be interesting to try and keep track of the dates on...

Right. So MW is all about what's gone on from August 2010 until June 2011. There maybe some flashbacks - but less since I'm writing the back story. I think I may (since I fucking love Pop Bono so much) have to have a flashback scene where Pop Bono tries to convince Gloria to join the tour. There may need to be a moment that happens there.

Oh yes, please do have a Pop Bono flashback..

I'm resisting the urge to have any JT Bono flashbacks because they wouldn't fit at the moment...but it's so hard not to...

Figures,” she muttered. Of course Edge’s baby would come into the world civilly. Faith was in labor for 18 hours. Little David’s voice filled the delivery room after 3 long hours of pushing and screaming from Faith.

:lol: That's SO fitting. I imagine Edge's birth very quick and easy too, and Bono was probably bawling loudly.

:cute: Love the ending. Really, really love it. Glad Alex and Edge ended up together after all. Though I am curious what would've happened to the band. :hmm: Are you going to give us an epilogue or is this it?

I think I meant to write about the band - eluding to an upcoming tour or something. I guess I could do a Harry Potter epilogue.

You mean, one that takes place 10 years or so after this one? I'm fine with that. Please don't have it be "and Bradley harassed everyone constantly", please don't.

Aw I enjoyed this story so much! You are a great writer. I envy you for that. :hug:

Aw thanks Tara XD

Grace seems to have her work cut out for her. Whereas I'm stuck in plot land (but I may actually be able to start a new chapter soonish...)

Grace, keep it to 3 at a time at most. Please. Otherwise you'll explode and then where will the stories be?

I'm going to miss Faith and all :( I liked her and the rest of the band as characters. Even Ryan in his brief appearances. Even Faith's mom with her intriguing evilness in the beginning improving into being nicer at the end. Even Bradley for being an interesting albeit creepy dude. This was a good character story.

I think I'm kinda fascinated by how you can have so many different versions of Bono, one for each story, Grace...it's amazing how they all come across as a little different to suit the story they're in but still the same person...I haven't even attempted to try and do that...

Thanks Katie. It will be interesting if I can still do that. So far, there have only been 2 stories. I think circumstance and what's going on in the character's life dictate how they are and react to outside forces. In MW, Bono is married and in love with another woman. He's older. In Please, he was divorced and trying to find his way out of that misery. And the newer story idea I came up with had him in some kind of angst as well. I guess I just like to torture him. :sexywink:

I did forget to add that my grandmother's name really is Iris too. So, there. That makes this a true story on an alternate planet.

Back
Top Bottom