O Diary, Where Art Thou? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Fan Fiction
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 01:06 AM
O Diary, Where Art Thou?

Hello:

does anyone know where is archived the fic Diary of the downcast by youvedonewhat?

If somebody can help me I would be very grateful.

Browneyedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 02:06 PM
i know - Rose's diary and SBWIMD has gone too, does anyone have these saved?

philly80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Location: in the enchanted forest of dreams and wonderment...or else at my computer.
Local Time: 09:06 PM
Hi lovely ladies!

You can find chapters 1-48 here:
Stories by You've Done What???

...and I think the rest (there are about 65 or so chapters) are here in the fan fic section if you go through the older thread pages. I do have the whole thing saved to my comp if that would be easier. That's of course if YDW doesn't mind. If you want to edit it first YDW, by all means don't let me intrude!

Ahhh..Diaries. My all-time favorite fan fic!
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Location: in the enchanted forest of dreams and wonderment...or else at my computer.
Oh by the way, yes I do have Rose's Diary saved as well...

Hopefully we'll hear from YDW to see what she'd like to do.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 02:06 PM
if YDW doesnt mind? Rosebud can you email me Rose's diary?
philly80@hotmail.com
philly80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

^Check your email.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
Babyface

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Can I have the YDW's stories too? please?

This is my mail bonosspanisheyes@yahoo.com.ar
Browneyedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Due to the server transfer a bunch of search stuff from a period around 2005 or so is gone, and I think it includes Rose's diary cause I searched yesterday for you, couldn't find it. perhaps google can still find it.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 03:06 PM
hey would you be able to send them to me too
highwaytohell_51@hotmail.com
lozy9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

lozy, I could send them to you, but I think YDW wanted to edit Diaries before they're resent out into the world.

<<Hopefully YDW, you can get the edits out before too long...We need your fan fic like a drug! >>

If she doesn't mind of course, I'd be happy to send them out, but I want to make sure I respect what she wants to do with her own writing.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:06 AM
I think it's sad that there are no more chapters to any stories posted here in the fan fictíon forum. I feel it's not what it's used to be. I appreciate all of you having fun in the Writer's Club, but for those of us who cannot take part, it's a little frustrating, at least for me. I miss the good old days a little where we were excited over new chapters being added to stories and I loved the stories here in this forum. Now it all seems to be a little chaotic, I've no idea what's going on in the recent threads.
last unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
I think it's sad that there are no more chapters to any stories posted here in the fan fictíon forum. I feel it's not what it's used to be. I appreciate all of you having fun in the Writer's Club, but for those of us who cannot take part, it's a little frustrating, at least for me. I miss the good old days a little where we were excited over new chapters being added to stories and I loved the stories here in this forum. Now it all seems to be a little chaotic, I've no idea what's going on in the recent threads.
Hi girlz. LU, I can appreciate where you're coming from but personally I'd like clarification from the powers that be (those being someone from the U2 camp) that they are ok w/us writing fiction about them. This is now a big site. It's not hidden away somewhere on the net or hard to find. So for me, before I'm willing to post any more fiction, I have to be confident that no one is gonna get pissy. And yeah, it's a shame that the fiction site isn't what it used to be but I think times are changing and we can't seem to do what we like any more w/o repercussions. I may be wrong. I hope I am but until I'm proved to be then it's emails from me from now on and even then I will continue to show a measure of respect for anyone I write about.

Re the Diaries: I still want to re-create them properly so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave them be and not send them on. Of course, it's entirely up to people what they wish to do though I appreciate the fact that some of you haven't forwarded them. Thanks.

youvedonewhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
lozy, I could send them to you, but I think YDW wanted to edit Diaries before they're resent out into the world.

<<Hopefully YDW, you can get the edits out before too long...We need your fan fic like a drug! >>

If she doesn't mind of course, I'd be happy to send them out, but I want to make sure I respect what she wants to do with her own writing.

Thank you for this RB. I appreciate it.
youvedonewhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvedonewhat View Post
Hi girlz. LU, I can appreciate where you're coming from but personally I'd like clarification from the powers that be (those being someone from the U2 camp) that they are ok w/us writing fiction about them. This is now a big site. It's not hidden away somewhere on the net or hard to find. So for me, before I'm willing to post any more fiction, I have to be confident that no one is gonna get pissy. And yeah, it's a shame that the fiction site isn't what it used to be but I think times are changing and we can't seem to do what we like any more w/o repercussions. I may be wrong. I hope I am but until I'm proved to be then it's emails from me from now on and even then I will continue to show a measure of respect for anyone I write about.

Re the Diaries: I still want to re-create them properly so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave them be and not send them on. Of course, it's entirely up to people what they wish to do though I appreciate the fact that some of you haven't forwarded them. Thanks.

Well,I don't know about anyone else,but I like Diary Of the Downcast just the way it was,the original version.I really don't want to see a re-done version,it just won't make it the same.YDW...could you please email me the original chapters 49-the last chapter of Diary?Thanks.
Bono'sLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #15
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
I feel this way too. I still check the forum regularly, but I am usually disappointed. I really miss all the stories, and especially the ones that were started, and never finished. Where are all of you wonderful authors?

dragonfly_wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote