Newbie Fan Fic questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
Ok I'm thinking about posting some fan fiction. How long (ie how many words) is best to post? I've got 114 pages long-hand that I'm typing up to MS Word now--and I'm wondering how to post it. I know there might be some parts I'll have to PM. :sexywink:

Thanks.

Any other tips and advice is appreciated.

Oh I really like reading everyone elses work. I mostly lurk here :)

you hand wrote 114 pages???

:bow: :bow:

Personally, I love long chapters....but that's just me. When I posted my first one I think I averaged about 6 pages a chapter. They always seem longer when you type them out in Word than they end up being when you post it here.

If you copy/paste it from Word to here you'll have to really go back over it and check for formatting and spacing. It's a pain in the butt, but it's worth it in the end.

You don't have to...but sometimes it's good to get someone else to look it over for spelling/grammar type stuff. I'd offer, but I'm not the most grammatically gifted person in the whole world..but I can give it a shot. PM me if you want.

Posting your first story is a bit nerve wracking......don't worry if it takes a bit before someone posts a comment.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

was that any help at all???? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom