Mysterious Ways - Chapter 14a

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This is very short because I'm working on part b. Consider it an appetizer. Also, not true. These are characters in a play.

The click of her door broke him of his thoughts. Gloria stepped through the door breathless. She frowned. “How did you get here before me?”

“I ran here,” swiftly, he gathered her in his arms. “Did you wait on a taxi?”

“No, but I did take a wrong turn,” she said.
His voice was husky, “You’re here now.”

His fingers twined through her hair as his mouth covered hers. Her fingers traced the outline of his rosary across his chest and down to his stomach. He sighed unevenly. Her fingers nimbly unbuttoned his shirt. Suddenly, he felt self conscious. Last time she saw him like this, he was young and fitter. He felt dumpy and soft. The 2 decades had not been kind to him, while she seemed to get better. He could feel the muscles under skin as he touched her. It was hard to not feel shy and unsure.

She sensed his hesitation. "What's wrong? Do you want to stop?"

"No," he looked down. "I feel...fat. How is it that you got better with age and I just aged?"

She curled her arms around his neck. "You are beautiful inside and out." She kissed his jawline. "And you feel amazing."

"Oh Glory," he kissed her hard. "I hoped for so long we'd be back here, that I could look at you like this. I've missed you so much."

Swiftly, he moved them towards her bed. He no longer could wait to be as close to her possible. They fell back against the pillows in hushed giggles. He made quick work to unbutton her shirt to reveal the soft skin underneath. She sucked in her breath as she felt the roughness of his face against her stomach. A wave of guilt sickened her. Abruptly, she sat up. Bono's mouth hung open stunned.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked with concerned eyes.

She shook her head. "There's something you need to know first, if we are going to go any further."

His heart stopped. Did she have...? His mind wandered. "Are you..." He couldn't phrase the words.

"No. I'm not diseased," she rolled her eyes. Of course, realizing her timing of her statement - it was a natural conclusion. She ran her fingers through his hair. "But I have to tell you something." She clutched her opened blouse closed.

Now he was concerned. "What is it?" He was afraid of what was so important she had to tell them in the middle of a special moment.

Her mind was moving a million miles a minute. No matter how she said, it wasn't going to come out right or make him feel better. He needed to know before he put his marriage in jeopardy.

She took a deep breath filling her lungs with his scent. "Four years at the end of the Vertigo Tour....." She bit her lip. "Larry and I had an affair."

He frowned. Did she just say what he thought? "Come again?"

She couldn't believe she'd have to say it again. "Larry and I were together...in a very intimate way."

Blinking at her, he tried to process what she said. Of all the things that could fall from her mouth, he didn't expect that. But when he thought back to fall 2006, he remembered them being together quite a bit. He rubbed the back of his neck red. "I was just happy he wasn't being an asshole to you. I didn't think that meant anything more."

She watched his face carefully. It was shock for sure, but anger or hurt? "I wouldn't blame you for hating me."

His blues burned into hers. "Why would I hate you?"

"Um," was he asking a trick question? She didn't want to have say it again. "For you know...."

"I'm bleeding shocked, that's for damn sure. I never pictured the 2 of you together. I'm a bit pissed at him for putting me through hell with his sanctimonious speeches and diatribe," his fist balled at his side. "And he went and did the same thing." His eyes softened. "But I can't blame him for falling in love you, if that's what happened."

"I don't know what happened. It just did. We were friends one minute and in Australia, things just exploded. It was very short lived," she couldn't believe he was being so calm about this. She expected breaking lamps and shouting.

"Just that tour?" He remembered when they were meant to begin recording in New York. The idea had been scrapped for Fez. Larry was the first to agree to the switch. It all made sense now. "You know what? You don't have to tell me."

"I'm sorry. So so sorry," she felt the tears come.

He slipped his arms around her. "Shhh....I'll admit that I'm stunned and confused, but you owed me nothing." He brought her face to look at him. How was it that after confessing that she'd slept with his best mate, he felt that he was falling head over heels in love? Maybe it was that honesty. She took a risk in being truthful. He kissed her softly. Her hands found his body again as their kiss deepened.

He pulled away. "Wait...where are things with you and him?" He had to know.

"No where. It ended at the beginning of 2007. We never talked about it again," she said truthfully.

"Are you the reason for his foul mood lately?" It would make perfect sense to Bono.

"Not that I know. He was fine at the beginning of the tour. I did ask him at one point because if it was me, I'd leave. He assured me that I was the least of his worries," she said.

He started to rethink everything knowing that she and Larry shared a connection. "Do you love him?"

That was a heavy question that he had every right asking. She searched her soul and heart. This was not a time to cover up anything. "At one point, I was sure I did. Whether or not he did, I don't know."

"Oh guarantee you he did. He doesn't not take that lightly." Bono said. He took her hand. "And now?"

She thought about all the hurt he had caused her. His indecision and waffling. She had to work so hard with Larry, it seemed. And Paul was not without fault. There were 100 things he could have done differently at the end of ZooTV. Bit with Paul, it was more the situation.

"I love him like I do Edge or Adam. But the feelings I had years ago, they pretty much ended in 2007."

His kissed the palm of her hand. The confusion and hurt was slowly replaced by a burning desire. "And me? How do you feel about me?"

A small smile tugged on the corners of her lips. "That's a bit more complicated. I know that what I should feel and what I actually feel are very different things." She swallowed hard. "I know that I never expected to be here with you again. Or that I'd want you as much as I do right now."

The burning desire exploded and he gathered her in his arms. "I need you so much." He lost himself in her kiss. He wasn't stopping this time. There was no turning back. They could try to blame wine, but the effects had long worn off. Strange thoughts trickled in from the back of his mind. Was she comparing them? Did she when she was with Larry? As she slipped his shirt of his shoulders, the doubts melted away. She was his now. It was him she wanted.

So? You like?

Looks like laundry will wait another night. Sorry family. Wear your clothes inside out. I have some saucy chapter to write. :hyper:

You know, yesterday was a great day. I read this, as I've read all your chapters, and just loved it. And it was a lovely surprise to get another chapter so soon :happydance:

Then I went and saw U2 at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane :crack: :faint:

Frankly, all this fanfic is messing with my mind, as I kept looking at the boys last night wondering if I was in with a chance... :shifty:

Hot XD

"She took a deep breath filling her lungs with his scent. "Four years at the end of the Vertigo Tour....." She bit her lip. "Larry and I had an affair.""

Oh my. That was the last thing I was expecting her to tell him!

"The confusion and hurt was slowly replaced by a burning desire"

ISHFWILF reference? :D

Back
Top Bottom