Love Is Blindness Chapter 7 - 03/14/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
For those of you who missed them:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/the-beach-house-chapter-1-a-183712.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/the-beach-house-chapter-2-a-183918.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/the-beach-house-chapter-3-a-184452.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/the-beach-house-chapter-4-a-184846.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/the-beach-house-chapter-5-03-17-2008-a-185211.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-blindness-chapter-6-03-30-2008-a-185543.html

It's been a long two years since I last posted a chapter to this. It took me a long time to get through some stuff going on and I went through an epic case of writer's block. I *think* that's all in the past.

The first 6 chapters of this were not beta'd. This one was by Ali. Again, thanks for the nagging Ali.

As always, this didn't happen, it's all a big fat lie.

Love Is Blindness – Chapter 7

Bono had taken Abby’s request to heart. Every time she turned around it seemed he had an arm around her or was patting her in some way. She eventually got used to it, almost to the point where she craved it.

Abby had plans to turn the extra bedroom into a nursery. She had made a decision that when the year was up she wanted to stay. She loved being so close to the beach and she was making friends.

She was 6 months along now and had noticed that she was starting to waddle. Bono had noticed this as well seeing as he had this habit of going “quack, quack” sometimes when she walked. It was getting on her nerves.

She looked up as she heard the sliding door open and smiled when she saw it was Edge. For some reason, at least one of them dropped in on her everyday to see if she was okay or needed anything done. Paint chips were all over the table as Abby was attempting to make a decision about colours and whatnot.

“Still can’t decide, eh?” Edge said.

“I know it would help if I knew if I was having a boy or a girl, but I just think that you don’t get very many real surprises in life. Yellow maybe? That could work for both,” she said, frowning at the paint chips.

“You could always do plaid,” Edge grinned. Abby rolled her eyes at him.

“When are you planning the extreme makeover?”

“Well, I’m heading over to the hardware store as soon as his majesty gets here. He was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago.”

“Well, King Bono never was one for keeping track of the time.”

At that moment the door slid open and Bono came bouncing into the room. He seemed to be in more of a hyper mood than usual.

“Hello all.” He went over and kissed Abby on the cheek. The he did the same to Edge for the hell of it. “Ready love?”

“All set B. Let me just get my purse.”

Edge ended up tagging along with them. After a small yet forceful argument it was decided that Edge was driving. Bono was delegated, albeit not very willingly, into the back seat seeing as Abby had a “condition”. 10 minutes and several complaints later, they were at the store.

Abby laughed when she saw the look on Edge’s face when they walked into the store.

“You have that same look when Morleigh walks into a room, Edge,” she laughed at him.

“I’ll just be over..umm..there,” he pointed in a general direction and wandered off.

“Well, we just lost Edge for an hour,” Bono said with a big grin on his face.

Bono and Abby headed over to the paint section.

Half an hour later they had two cans of yellow paint, two packages of rollers, a paint tray and several different colours of painter's tape.

Larry and Adam were at Bono's house when they got back and wandered over to Abby's when they saw them come back home.

"What's all this for?" Larry asked.

"I'm turning one of the bedrooms into a nursery," Abby told him.

"So, you're going to stay then?" Adam asked her. He was hoping she would. They were becoming really good friends.

"Yeah, I really like it here. It feels more like home than anywhere else I've ever lived. I want my baby to have that," she said.

"I hope you're not planning on doing all that painting all by yourself," Larry said in a concerned voice.

"Well," she said, "I was kind of hoping I could finagle some strong Irish-type men into helping me. You wouldn't know any would you?"

They all just smiled and laughed.

Three hours later the room had gone from a drab green to a light, cheery yellow. Bono was in the process of painting some ducks on the wall when all of a sudden they heard a crash in the next room. They rushed out and saw Abby standing in the middle of the kitchen and broken shards of glass all around her.

"Don't move. We'll get this cleaned up," Bono said.

When he looked up at her he noticed that her eyes had gone all glassy and she was panting a little.

"Abby? Are you alright?" Bono asked in a concerned voice.

"I'm sorry," Abby said in a small voice. "I won't do it again, I promise."

"It's okay love," Bono said in a quiet soothing voice; she looked like she was on the verge of a panic attack.

Bono finished cleaning up the glass and went to put his arms around her in a comforting hug. She flinched at first and then relaxed into his arms. The others went back into the nursery to clean up.

Edge, Adam and Larry went back home while Bono stayed and made Abby some supper.

The next morning Abby decided that she wanted some fresh air so she went outside to sit on the beach. She started making a sandcastle when she looked up and saw Adam walking toward her with his upside-down smile on his face.

"This is a pretty picture," he said in his posh accent.

"I just decided that I needed some fresh air and a little bit of fun."

Adam sat down and instantly got sand all over him. Abby just grinned.

"You're making a mess Adam!"

Adam just chuckled. He picked up a shovel and started digging a moat for the castle.

After about an hour Bono had finally woke up and was sipping his coffee when he looked out the window and saw Adam and Abby laughing and talking. He frowned a little.

'Adam sure is enjoying himself,' Bono thought to himself.

He wasn't sure where this pang of jealousy came from and he didn't like it. Adam was his friend, even a brother, he knew he wouldn't be interested in a pregnant woman.

Unknowing they were being watched, they just enjoyed themselves.

'She's nice...and pretty,' Adam thought to himself.

He was just noticing that he was becoming attracted to her, which kind of made him worry about himself seeing as she was pregnant. He normally wasn't attracted to that kind of woman. He was sure he didn't want children and here he was attracted to someone who was going to have a child.

He decided that he wasn't going to think about it.

Bono came outside and walked over to where they were.

"Having fun you two?" Bono asked in a slightly sarcastic tone.

Abby just looked at him.

"You have a problem with me spending time with a friend?" Abby asked a bit testily.

"Not at all. I just didn't realize you and Lord Clayton were such good friends." Bono wasn't sure why he was acting like this, but he didn't care much.

"B, what the hell is up with you this morning? Get up on the wrong side of the bed?" Adam asked.

Bono just muttered under his breath and stalked back to his house. All Adam and Abby heard was the door slamming behind him.

"I"ll be right back," Abby said in a voice that sounded cold and angry at the same time. Adam was glad it wasn't him she was mad at.

"What the hell are you thinking?" Abby yelled. She had just walked into Bono's house and slammed the door behind her.

"What am *I* thinking?? What the hell are you getting at getting all chummy with Adam?? You *know* he's not interested in kids and here you are trying to get all luvy duvy with him!" Bono yelled back.

"I am not getting all luvy duvy! Where did you get that idea from?? And what business is it of yours anyway?"

"It's my business when one of my friends is being led down the garden path!"

"You know, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were jealous!"

"Pfft..of course I'm not jealous. Why would you think that??"

"Oh I don't know...you flying off the handle for no apparent reason is a good start."

"Oh look who's talking...I didn't come in here and start yelling."

"Well.....at least I just didn't walk off in a huff for no reason."

All of a sudden, out of the blue, Bono just grabbed her face with both hands and kissed her.

Abby just stood there not knowing what to do.

He pulled back and just looked into her eyes.

"I... I'm sorry... I don't know why I did that," he stammered.

Bono turned and walked away leaving Abby with a stunned look on her face.

I had read the previous chapters and noticed the story seem to "disappear"...I like it very much and I'm glad it's back :up:

Back
Top Bottom