"Into the Heart" (CAUTION: EXTREMELY DEPRESSING...& XXX!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpionac

War Child
Bono's Story

Free%20Bono%20a.jpg

If love could be measured in colour, in my world, everything would be Lilac and Chocolate!
There was no question, when Gala called me that day and offered me two of her most precious visual lilac and chocolate kittens, that I would say, YES YES YES!!!
By the end of the week I was holding, Forest Gump, a solid chocolate, and Bono, a lilac tabby, tightly in my arms.
They were the most magnificent offspring yet, to be sired by the magnificent blue tabby, Quad Gr, Ch. Prairiecat Talisman. Tally was a fabulous son of Gr Ch Playwickey Cabot Lodge.
These boys, along with Ch Prairiecats Changes In Latitudes, were to become part of my foundation, for some of the best visual chocolates we would ever see!

We showed the boys, as often as possible. They represented chocolates at the 2006 Catminster, and they were so well received.
Bono grew into a magnificent and strong young male. He never lost his kitten sweetness, and he was always ‘up’ for a show. Forest was a little bit on the obstinate side, preferring to stay with his girls, at home.

We had plans to Grand, Bono.
Then something horrible and ‘oh so final’ occurred.

One night, shortly after my husband and I had gone to bed, we were awoken by a huge shaking, and a crash. We live in a severe earthquake zone, and right away we swung into ‘evac mode‘! We ran to stand in the bedroom doorframe.
The shaking had stopped suddenly.. too suddenly for an earthquake. As my husband fumbled for the light switch, I realized that something was terribly wrong. The cats were all hiding, and they looked like they were frazzled!
First thing I saw, was that a very large, and heavy, shelf, had pulled away from its foundation and toppled. It had stopped short of hitting the floor but, it was laying precariously on an angle. Its fall had been stopped by an easy chair… so we thought!
First thing we did was to take a ‘head count’.
The ‘living room cats’ all appeared to be present.. All but Bono.
He was laying on his side a few feet from the shelf.
He looked a bit stunned. He was watching us. As I approached him, he stood up and came over.
He looked at me as though to say “Mom I didn’t know it would fall!!!”
He seemed to be moving okay, but he did appear winded.
My husband righted the shelf and went back to bed.
I sat up with the cats, just to settle them down. Then, I joined him.
All things seemed okay.
The next morning everything was as it should be.
The kids all ate their normal amounts.
They pooped, and then watched me, while I cleaned their litters.
Then the strangest thing happened.. Bono vomited.. Not your normal ’hairball’ vomit, but a smelly black looking slime. NOT GOOD!
During the day,I started watching him.
Every time he ate anything, he would vomit in the same way.
At some point during that day, I also noticed that he would make mewing noises, like he was in pain..
Time to see the vet.
Our vet checked him for broken ribs and decided that, his spleen and pancreas, may have taken the blow from the shelf falling.
Just to be safe, we decided to do an entire blood/urine panel on this boy.. just to rule out, any other possibilities,
We went home with strict plans to curtail all dietary fats in his diet.
Any fats could trigger the vomiting.
Pancreatitus is a very nasty disorder, and it can be very painful.
Bono had not stopped eating, and he appeared to be really hungry.
He attempted to eat a small amount of Evo canned food. This triggered him into a painful event of vomiting.
The vomit was, that telltale black. Just like he was bleeding from within.
I got him to settle for the night, and I would await the test results.
A couple of days later, my vet called me at work.
The good news, she told me, was..
The tests did not show an elevated titters.
She also eliminated a corona virus. His liver and kidneys appeared fine.
She felt that his blood work and symptoms, looked like that of a cat who had suffered a severe injury to his spleen and/or pancreas.
OKAY!! What does the bad news tell us??
She said, his prognosis was not great.

This kitty was the ‘love of our lives’!
We adored him.
I broke the news to Galina and John.
They knew we were in for the battle of our lives to try to save him.
Our vet ruled out surgery.
Rest and diet were prescribed. He was given antibiotics and anti-inflammatory, pain relievers.
Three days passed.
Bono was slipping away, and there was nothing we could do to stop it.
We kept him as pain free, as we could.

Bono passed away, ten days after the accident.

It has taken me a very long time to be able to write his story.
It is still very hard.
He DID NOT DIE FROM F.I.P.
HE DID NOT DIE FROM PKD
HE DID NOT DIE FROM AN UPPER RESPIRITORY

SUPPOSSITION and INUENDO ARE VERY HARMFUL

HE DIED BECAUSE A SHELF FELL ON HIM, WHILE HE WAS PLAYING ON IT!
PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
SAD AND VERY FINAL!
THE RUMOURS CAN STOP NOW!!!
LET HIM REST IN PEACE!

His life is worth celebrating.
His pedigree is carried on, in the eyes of Forest, Bunny, Willow, and Jimmy's babies.

LOVE
Sue and Kerry

All I have to say is

Poor Bono! :hug:

I can't tell yet wether you're taking the piss out of this forum or not.

If you are, then I gotta say it's not very funny. This forum is meant for stories concerning the band, and if you don't like it, don't read it.

If you're not posting this as a joke and this is a true thing, fan fiction is not the right place to post. Perhaps it's better at home in ZC or the cat thread in LS.

Well actually I just found this while browsing for something U2 related on Google. I thought it made a refreshing story.
Yeah, I don't read these. I thought someone would enjoy this, it being about Bono and all. Sorry about the title, though.

I can't tell yet wether you're taking the piss out of this forum or not.

If you are, then I gotta say it's not very funny. This forum is meant for stories concerning the band, and if you don't like it, don't read it.

If you're not posting this as a joke and this is a true thing, fan fiction is not the right place to post. Perhaps it's better at home in ZC or the cat thread in LS.

What Galeongirl said.

:up:

Lets try to keep this forum specifically for stories about the band.

Thanks ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom