In The City Of Blinding Lights - Chapter Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Casamares

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi, this is the second part of U2-action story :D
For readers who are afraid of Larry's health - despite some little abrasions, he is fine :lol:
Thanks for LoveandLogic for checking mistakes :heart::hug:
First chapter you can find here: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f231/in-the-city-of-blinding-lights-chapter-first-207296.html :D

Disclaimer: These events DID NOT happen, the whole story is a FICTION.

Part II

I feel numb...

Larry Mullen Jr. opened his eyes and caught sight of fragile sunbeams falling into the room through the small window. He tried to move but noticed that his hands were attached to iron hooks on the wall and his legs were hampered with a rough rope, which was hurting the naked ankles of the drummer.

"What happened?!" shouted Larry, jerking himself, but the bonds were putting up resistance. He sighed, disheartened.

The drummer tried to recall what took place last evening...

He went to the beach party with his band mates, but suddenly Bono felt the impression to write lyrics for a new song and with The Edge went back to the hotel. Adam stayed a little bit longer and Larry told him he wouldn’t leave the party until two o'clock.

He met with young local musicians and spent with them most of the time, discussing about rock and roll and drinking red wine. Then he went for a walk along the sea shore...

And...

Larry used all of his strength to remember only to be left without results. His next reminiscence was opening his eyes a couple of minutes ago.

I'm trapped...Thought Larry. He felt rather an extreme astonishment than fear. People become kidnapped in movies or books... God, what a history...

Larry heard a metallic sound and looked at the door. He looked indistinctly, not knowing if it was caused by a hangover after yesterday's party or mysterious medicaments which may have given to him.

The tall, middle-aged man appeared in the room and stood near the drummer. He was smoking a cigarette, inhaling deeply. He was dressed in a loose, flannel shirt, well-worn leather trousers and a red bandanna. Curly ginger hair and beard added parcel to his extraordinary image.

A pirate? Thought Larry and looked at him provocatively, but the offender only laughed loudly.

"Mr. Mullen Jr., hahaha..." his voice was high and hoarse.

"Do you want to kill me or what?" asked Larry.

"If I am constrained... Not now. You're my guarantee that your friends will do what they have to".

"Friends?" asked the musician quietly. He blinked.

The man scratched his forehead and cleared his throat. He reach into his pocket and pulled out a mossy piece of paper. He screwed up his eyes.

"Clayton Adam, Evans David, Hewson Paul... Does it have a familiar ring?".
He giggled.

"Oh no..." whispered Larry, trying to rescue himself from the bonds. "What do you want from them?!"

The criminal crouched down and looked Larry in the eye. The musician felt pain in every tied up limb, but he was trying to overcome it and concentrate.

"Not me. I'm not one of them, they just pay me well. I'm a dummy..." answered the mysterious man. His small green eyes constricted themselves. He added in a low voice, which sounded sharply in Larry's ears: "...of the government".

The drummer opened his mouth but he couldn't say anything because of the shock. Though finally he was able to whisper: "The... Gov...ern...ment?..."

The criminal gave a nod.

"No...You must kidding...How it's possible?"

"They found out that one person comes to your concerts often, always buys the most expensive tickets and stands near the stage," explained the redheaded man.

Larry was confused.

"And so do many people. I can't remember everybody who takes part in our gigs. The audience is extremely large and I'm a drummer, so I sit in the depth of the stage, seeing Bono's back..."

"She was dancing with him once," added the criminal, lighting another cigarette. He reached out to Larry to offer him one, but he realized that the young musician was bound. He took back his hand.

"A woman? Maybe if I saw her photo..."

"Not now," replied the man.

Larry sighed. He tried to change the uncomfortable position, but the bonds intruded. He was afraid of the condition of his wrists which were the most important parts of a drummer's body.

"It seems to me that I don't understand something... I can't see any connections between kidnapping me, this enigmatic woman, and the government... Forgive me, but I can't".

The criminal took out the cigarette and stroked his bread.

"Oh, actually, it's simple...she is a spy. And your friends - if they want to see you again someday - have to deactivate her. If somebody doesn't neutralize them earlier..."

The offender laughed fearfully, and left the room, slamming the door.

Larry Mullen Jr. felt anxiety and closed his eyes.

Now everything was in the hands of Adam, Bono and The Edge.

To be continued.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HOLD ON LARRY, HOLD ON!:|
I love this!:hyper::hyper: I watched 'Red Dragon' yesterday so I'm having the worst ideas in my head of what could happen, but I hope not, hahaha.:sexywink: Please write further!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HOLD ON LARRY, HOLD ON!:|
I love this!:hyper::hyper: I watched 'Red Dragon' yesterday so I'm having the worst ideas in my head of what could happen, but I hope not, hahaha.:sexywink: Please write further!

Two words for Red Dragon: Edward. Norton. :drool::drool::drool: x a million my favorite Hannibal movie EVER. Wait...we are talking about the Hannibal Red Dragon right? Or the Ninja one? lol! I forgot there was two...

ANYYYWAYS

Lovin' this! Poor Larry. :( you'd think that with that those muscles and that six pack that he'd be able to break away from those bonds...:lol:

But I'm so anxious to see what you have in store!:hyper:

Two words for Red Dragon: Edward. Norton. :drool::drool::drool: x a million my favorite Hannibal movie EVER. Wait...we are talking about the Hannibal Red Dragon right? Or the Ninja one? lol! I forgot there was two...

ANYYYWAYS

Lovin' this! Poor Larry. :( you'd think that with that those muscles and that six pack that he'd be able to break away from those bonds...:lol:

But I'm so anxious to see what you have in store!:hyper:

Two words for you: Anthony. Hopkins:hyper::hyper: And yeah, we were talking about the Hannibal series! :cute:

Hahaha Larry turns into the Hulk.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom