"Howling Wind" - blurb/teaser for a new fic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
Greetings :wave:

I've been working on a new story, and I'm almost ready to start posting. I just wanted to do some shameless plugging/advertising, and see if anyone's interested.

It's not a romance story, just so you know; and I hasten to assure you that while it's a decent size, it's nowhere near as long as ESFR was. :reject: I have been experimenting with getting to the point quicker. :lol:

Anyway, here's the blurb/teaser/introductory ramble....

------

It is 1987, and U2 are riding the enormous success of The Joshua Tree across America and Europe. They are playing to packed arenas, thrust into a spotlight brighter than ever before. Everything is amplified – the venues, the crowds, the success, the fans, the expectations, the responsibilities, the pressure.
On top of the 'normal' chaos and unreality of the tour, and the stress that comes with success, The Edge is also having to deal with being separated from his young family, and a host of conflicting feelings. It's hardly surprising when he starts having strange dreams, losing sleep, losing concentration, losing his temper, and generally becoming tired and irritable.

But his dreams are all of wolves, and an obsession begins to grow that seems to have no bearing on the stresses of touring. Is this simply an escape from the pressure he's under, or is something else happening?

A homeless American man named Timothy seems to think there is. He followed Edge around most of America during the first leg of the tour, a vaguely threatening presence, although he spoke only rarely. But it seemed like every time Edge looked over his shoulder, Timothy was there, watching.

Watching, and waiting.

------

Ooh. I can't wait for this.

Makes me feel like I should hurry up and get mine out...:hmm: I still have a few chapters to finish, though...

Back
Top Bottom