Heavy Rhythm - Chapter 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sisterinthemoon

Acrobat
A/N: Finally! It took me a while to get a bit inspired but tonight I was just overcome with ideas I finally finished this in just about 20 minutes. Hope you enjoy! :D

Heavy Rhythm - Chapter 3

“You inspire me Adam, what can I say?” I told him while we both sat on my couch in my apartment, him sipping on coffee and I bent over a sketch book. I looked up at him again to examine his outfit and back down at my sketch book again.

“My clothes are inspiring for a female fashion line. Super,” He chuckled.

“Aw c’mon now. I’m translating you, your style, your personality for the female but you aren’t feminine yourself,” I corrected. “When will I ever get to set my gaze upon one of your gorgeous bass guitars in person?”

“Ah! Guitars! We have rehearsal today! Must be off, dear,” He remembered and said good bye with a peck.

I smiled. “See you later, Adam. I‘ll meet you at the studio around 7? Right?” We had a double date planned with Bono and Ali.

“Umm… Yes,“ He replied his eyes looking up as he tried to remember then a nod and a smile. “Until then,“ Getting on his coat and putting on his sunglasses he left my apartment.

I decided to finish my sketch then get ready to check in on the store and continue more sketches. I couldn’t wait for our double date. The plan was to go to a little gig that was underneath a local pub in downtown Dublin. Ali was an inspiration for some of my work so I was thrilled to meet her.

----------------

“Hanna? Phone,” Carol peeked her head into my office where I had sat hunched over my sketch pad for the past few hours.

“Oh thanks, do you know who it is?” I asked standing up.

“Uh yeah Mrs. Ali Hewson?” She smiled and turned around to go back to work on another garment.

“Thank you Carol!” I called over my shoulder. I walked over to the phone in the back room. “Hello, Hanna Ramsy speaking,” I smiled but nervous at the same time.

“Hi Hanna this is Ali Hewson. I just wanted to ask you if it was alright if I met you at your store and then we could go out to the studio together. I thought it’d be great to talk before we got into a smokey loud and dark pub,” She chuckled. “Plus I’d love to check out some of your stuff. I loved the sweater Bono brought home last night. Actually,” She paused probably going through her clothes in her closet. “I’ll wear it tonight.”

“Wow, what an honor. That’s fantastic, I’d love to have you. I can show you around and all. It’ll be great,” I stuttered out, I had no idea what to say.

“I thought so too. I can’t wait. I’ll probably be there around 5:45-ish. See you then, dear.”

“See you soon, Ali,” I smiled and hung up the receiver. “Ella! Carol! We’re having a special guest coming in a few hours. So can we clean up a little bit?” I asked, looking around the dirty workroom.

“Uh yeah, of course, who is it? Bono?” Ella asked.

Grinning, “No not Bono, his wife Ali,” I chuckled watching disappointment appear on her face. Finally extremely grateful for interns who could clean up for me I returned to my little office and returned sketching.

I didn’t look up again until I was disrupted by Ella a while later, “Hey, Ali’s here. She’s waiting in front.”

“Fabulous!” I smiled and tried to gather myself. I entered the store front and found her sitting in a chair near the register. “Ali! Hi, so nice to meet you!” I beamed and opened my arms for an embrace.

“I think I may be your newest fan. This stuff is quite beautiful.”

“Thank you very much. I’m still quite new to the fashion business but I’ve been featured in some magazines and my business has really picked up. It’s a blessing, really.”

“Well, that’s wonderful. I’ve been interested in fashion more and more recently. Can I get a tour of the back?”

“Yes, yes, of course. By the way, love your sweater,” I winked as I led her to the back.

“Ah yes. My husband bought it for me actually, at a local store named… What was it again? Oh yeah, Exit,” She replied making us both laugh. I loved how we were getting along. She had paired the sweater with a tight fitting black T-shirt, long silver necklaces, and jeans tucked into a pair of boots. Much more stylish then my old navy blue cardigan, ripped skinny jeans, and scuffed up yellow ballet flats.

“Here’s where all the magic happens,” I extended my arms gesturing around me. “I have about 3 sewing machines, but I think one is broke…” I paused bringing a hand up to my face, thinking, “Yeah, ones broke,” I laughed letting her know it was no big deal. We found ourselves in my office sitting on a couch I had squeezed in there, munching on a salad I had brought from home. We were lost in conversation mostly about the fashion industry until I heard an alarm go off on my phone. “Oh! It must be time we head to the studio, Ali.”

“Ooh, gig time,” She gathered her purse and pulled a scarf out of it for the way there.

“Shall we catch a cab? It’s a bit chilly,” I suggested as I locked up the store.

“Good thinking,” Ali replied and luckily we hailed one rather quickly. We arrived at the studio in no time. We saw Bono and Adam standing outside sharing a cigarette. “Ugh, Bono, I’ll kill him,” She sighed jokingly.

“’Ello ladies!” Adam smiled making my heart melt. “How are you, love?” He asked me pulling me in for a hug and I lingered, half because it was quite cold and half because I felt like I didn’t want to leave his embrace.

“Lovely,” I looked up at him and smiled, he replied with a kiss. Which must have lasted too long or longer than Bono was willing to wait for because he heard him clear his throat. I looked up and stepped out of the hug and kiss.

“How are you, darling?” Bono asked me with a smile. “I can’t wait for the gig! Let’s go!” He smiled and grabbed Ali’s hand.

“Fantastic, let’s get going then,” I responded taking Adam’s hand in mine. We got another taxi and took a short ride to the pub.

The band had started but there were still some spots opened so we chose a booth in the back corner and snuggled in to our respective other halves during slow song but got out to the dance floor to dance during the fast ones. It was a grand time. I was overjoyed I had found some new friends that I could relate to more. I chuckled to myself thinking how I never expected that these, extremely famous people would end up being my closest friends.

Too soon, however, the gig ended around 1 am and we had to say our good-byes. After Ali and Bono left I had some time to talk with Adam.

“So, I gave myself the day off tomorrow,” I told him wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling my head into his neck.

“Perfect, so did Bono so we’re not recording tomorrow,” He replied wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in closer as he laid his head on mine.

I looked up smiling and about to say something but he planted a kiss on my lips. “See you tomorrow,” He breathed and smiled. He stepped back but let his fingers trail on my back.

“Okay, tomorrow. In the morning?” I asked.

“Yes, yes, as soon as possible,” He assured me and hailed a cab for me then his self. He opened the door of mine for me. “I love you, Hanna.”

“Adam, really? Because I love you,” I smiled, my heart melting. He smiled back at me and shut the door to my cab.

:up::down::hug:

Back
Top Bottom