Heavy Rhythm - Chapter 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sisterinthemoon

Acrobat
A/N: I ran into a lot of writer's block with this one so hopefully it turned out nicely. I apologize for all the dialogue, Bono just loves to talk. :lol:

Disclaimer: Completely and absolutely fictional! Unfortunately... :|

Heavy Rhythm - Chapter 2

“Ah! Thank you miss,” I smiled at teenage girl as she handed me my coffee.

I decided to rest a bit on an extremely comfortable looking couch. I’d been up and around since about 5 in the morning and it was now 1 in the afternoon. I was running on little sleep which I had yet to get used to. My clothing line, Exit, was starting to get off the ground which made me even more busy than when I was working out of my apartment. Before I was ready I had to get up and head back to my store/office/workspace to prepare for a long afternoon of work.

I noticed a man sit down next to me so I naturally turned my head to see what it was. Oh god, it was Bono, a man who hardly needed an introduction. I’d lived in Ireland my whole life and Dublin for almost 15 years now but this was my first Bono “sighting” and he was sitting right next to me. To make things more awkward I had just gone out on a little date with his bass player and best friend only 12 hours earlier.

“Oh, you’re leaving now?” He asked me.

“Yeah, busy day,” Trying not to be rude I decided that maybe I could stay for another 10 minutes. “I’m Hanna Ramsy, how are you?” I asked extending my hand as I sat back down.

He grinned. “I’m great and I suppose you know who I am… Well it’s Bono anyways,” he said shaking my hand.

“So, you’re in Dublin. I hope that means a concert soon?”

“No, we’re still working on an album actually, hopefully we’ll tour again soon.” I was still wondering if he knew about Adam and I.

“Darn, I’m always looking for another concert to go to,” I smiled. “Gone to any good gigs lately?”

“I’m trying to find time to go to one or two. I love them especially smaller venues, I support the little indie bands. They’re always so original, ya know?” He looked into my eyes trying to read me.

“I know of some good spots for those but I really should go or I’ll end up working until midnight,” I explained grabbing my coffee.

“I’d love to go one sometime, hope you wouldn’t mind taking me to one. Would you?” Bono was lost in the conversation wrapped up on future gigs.

“Of course, I work at the small shop a block from here, It’s called Exit. Swing by sometime,” I replied wrapping Adams scarf around me.

“I’d love to! See you soon, Hanna,” He smiled his famous smile up at me. “Love the scarf,” he said with a wink, oh god, he knew.

“It’s Adam’s!” I yelled over my shoulder with a wink as I stepped out into the cool Irish air.

----------------------

The next few hours seemed to drag on even though I was extremely busy. I felt like none of my interns barely knew how to sew so they were practically useless for that except more simple tasks like a an easy sundress but they were extremely useful on getting Chinese takeout so I decided I could live with them. It wasn’t until about 6 that I got a call from Adam.

“Hey am I interrupting your work?”

“No not at all you can be my excuse for a break since 1,” I replied balancing my phone on my shoulder so I could try and eat some of my veggie lo mien. “Actually, I bumped into Bono today.”

“Oh really?” He chuckled. “How’d that go?” I could hear the smile in his voice.

“We mostly talked about gigs and up and coming bands. It was nice.”

“Alright so he wasn’t as obnoxious as he can be, that’s good. So what are you doing after work?”

“Hmm, I’ll probably leave around 8. Do you want to meet up somewhere?”

“Love to! Where abouts should we meet?”

“How about you pick me up from work and we’ll see how it goes from there,” I was interrupted by an intern.

“Han, there’s someone here for you. You wouldn’t believe it! It’s Bono! What’s he doing here, oh my word! Hurry up! Go see what he wants!” She gushed getting more excited by the millisecond. “Come on now!”

“Bono’s there?” Adam laughed into the phone.

“Uh yeah, see you at 8. We’ll have fun,” We exchanged good byes and I went out to see Bono.

“Hey, busy?” Bono asked greeting me with a handshake.

“Not extremely,” I turned around to my two interns standing in the doorway. “Carol, can you get check the shipments on the fabric and accessories I ordered and Ella, you can finish some of the last stitching on the dresses back there. Thanks dears,” I turned back to Bono who had made himself comfortable leaning over the counter with the register. “Not busy at all,” I smiled.

“Do you have any plans tonight? I’m itching to go to some gigs,” He said rubbing his hands together in excitement.

“Bono, I actually am busy. How about tomorrow?”

Exaggerating how upset he was, “Fine, I suppose tomorrow will work just as well,” He answered putting his face in his hands but quickly looked back up. “What are you doing tonight?”

“Just hanging out probably go to a pub or two,” I winked.

“All by yourself?”

“No… I won’t be alone. Don’t have to worry about that,” He laughed then smiled his famous smile that seemed to gloss many a gossip magazine around here.

“I knew that, today while we were working on some songs Adam,” He started walking around the room touching clothes, “He just seems pretty happy, it’s nice,” He looked at me I had started biting my lip, a nervous habit I’ve had since a teenager. “I think I’ll get this,” He said picking up a grey flowing sweater. “Let’s up it fit’s the missus,” He said winking at me. “Care to ring me up?”

“I’d love to,” Trying to not show how flustered I was about how he talked about Adam. I gift wrapped his purchase for him and we both said we’d keep in touch then he left.

I kept myself busy while I waited for Adam (reading fashion blogs are classified as productive, right?) until about 7:30 then I decided I should probably get ready. I went to the back where we kept a closet of old clothes and accessories from a past season. A flowing long sleeve black dress and over the knee boots was my poison for that night. I loved my new Pixie haircut since it was only like 5 minute styling time tops then a red lip and I was ready.

I stood outside to wait even though it was a bit chilly and smiled when I saw Adam walking down the street.

“Adam! What is that? A picnic basket?” I laughed as he approached.

“Yeah, I felt like a picnic,” He smiled.

“It’s like 40 degrees,” I laughed “But sure, let’s have a picnic,” We strolled to the closest park where perfectly there was a band playing. He pulled out a blanket from the basket and we sat down. It was amazingly peaceful just sitting here with him and enjoying the music. “Oh, Adam, you forgot you’re scarf last night?”

“Don’t worry about it, I have another. But look what I have,” Pulling out a champagne bottle and two glasses.

“Perfect!” I clapped my hands like a giddy child. He smiled and poured a glass.

“Not sure if alcohol is allowed in the park so drink up!” He winked.

The band went off stage for a little brake and I tried to encourage Adam to go out there and chat with them.

“C’mon they’d love to speak with you! What are you? One of the most famous bass players in the world?”

“Nahh,” He replied shaking his head. “Don’t wanna steal their thunder.”

“Just have a chat with them, c’mon, I’ll go with you,” I stood up and took his arm to hoist him up.

“Really?”

“Yes, it’ll be great,” We followed to the back of little stage that had been set up. “Knock knock,” We walked in. “We were just watching you guys and thought you were -”

I was interrupted by one of the members of the band. “Are you… Adam Clayton? No way! From U2?” The performer growing excited by meeting one of his heroes.

Adam smiled, “Yep, that’s me. You guys are good.”

“Will you play a couple songs with us. Like U2 songs. We are completely inspired by you guys,” The guy I recognized as the singer asked.

“Well umm… sure,” Adam replied as a bass guitar was thrown into his arms.

“Not as fancy as yours I bet,” The lead guitarist winked. I turned to Adam and gave him a kiss on the cheek and a squeeze in his hand.

“Break a leg, I’ll be watching,” I winked and strolled up to the front row. It was late and hardly no one was still there and it was practically pitch black.

“We have a guest bass player with us tonight for our last song,” The singer announced into his microphone. “This is… With Or Without You,” Everyone in the audience cheered as the song began. I swayed to the music as I watched Adam do his thing. The song was glorious and he was mine. The thought made me smile.

:up::down: :hug:

Ok, if I didn't know any better, I would think Bono was putting the moves on Hannah. Then he mentioned the Misses and all was cleared up! :wink:

I loved this chapter. I like how you gave us description of what Hannah does for a living and how Adam was so cute as to have a picnic! Well done!:applaud: Can't wait for 3!

You know how much I love my Ali :sexywink: Haha How could I leave her out on their anniversary? (Happy 28th anniversary you two!)

Thanks for the feedback L&L! :hug:

Thanks, didn't know I had a "style" that's kinda cool :hmm:

She is lucky! I heard in an interview Bono started going out with Ali the same week he started U2 "It was a pretty good week" He said :lol: Love him too.

Back
Top Bottom