Don't you hate....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
....when your mind will not shut off. Like WithoutSpeaking, I have FF ADHD. So, I had a schedule for the 3 things I'm working. Write one on the train INTO work. Wirte one on the way home from work. Write the other at home. Saturday night, I'm trying to fall asleep. I'm over-tired and sleeping at the inlaws. The husband is snoring and I have a race the next day (one I am ill prepared for). My head will not shut off. I've been wanting to write an Elevation era fic. But how many roles can a female hold in the U2 org? I considered writing out of my comfort zone and going to a first person POV - from the OFC and Bono's POV. Would that hold anyone's interest? Story details are fuzzy as only a few ideas have popped into my head. I have wanted to make it multi-layered like Please so more people would be interested. But if I make it 1st person.....I'm not sure that's possible. Unless the I go 3rd person for those bits....but then it becomes a big mess.

As you can see, I have nothing sorted in this idea. Thoughts?

:ohmy:

Your brain amazes me. I would be interested.

Thoughts: a first-person POV would be an extremely interesting, and flying into a 3rd person view might be confusing, but only if it's not done properly.... which I have no worries about because you're pretty good at this sort of thing.

:reject:

I might keep it simple. I have not done first person since 2003. And it was a similarly story. I sometimes over-lapped a scene so you could see their POV of the same thing - a he said, she said.

I'm interested in anything and everything that you write :D

Ideas flying all over the place is frustrating though.

I also like that overlap idea, the same thing from different people's POV.

1st person tends to bring you closer to the characters. I'm kind of weird in that I write 3rd person but it sort of sounds a little first person-y...I'd be interested to see whatever writing experiments/new stories you come up with...

Elevation era interests me, because there aren't many of that era that I've found, and I'm also writing one (now the secret is out). I prefer wirintg third person to first person, but would read first person because I rarely do and it really puts you in the chracter's shoes. And the overlapping scenes? Major love for that. I guess I'd read whatever you put out... jeez, I'm not being very helpful, but yeah, go ahead and play around with writing and find out which works the best.

I adore writing in Edge first person, I've really found his voice I HOPE in some of my fic. Lost Highway was written in 3rd Omniscient, but that would be my second choice. Really depends on the story - I couldn't have written the Edge part of Lost Highway in 1st, because I wouldn't have been able to use his voice or he wouldn't have been so mysterious ;)

I adore writing in Edge first person, I've really found his voice I HOPE in some of my fic. Lost Highway was written in 3rd Omniscient, but that would be my second choice. Really depends on the story - I couldn't have written the Edge part of Lost Highway in 1st, because I wouldn't have been able to use his voice or he wouldn't have been so mysterious ;)

I agree on the first person- it's challenging because you have to limit your storytelling to what the one person would know, and you have to see them from the inside instead of going "Guh," which can be a little easy when writing about hot men. So... yes. please.

Back
Top Bottom