Dancing With The Devil ch.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueSilkenSky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Wow. Thanks to all the piles of feedback I received, I am going to post a new chapter. Can you handle it?? :mad:
(BlueSilkenSky, your sardonic tone is not needed...)
Sorry, I just wanted to post the next chapter, if you think the story's not going to go anywhere or is crap I'll stop... even though I've already written so much...
The Zoo TV tour happened and U2 is real (as we all know!) but Marieke and her friends didn't exist...
Chapter Two
The phone in my hand continues to speak to me, but I’m not really listening. All I can think is, REALLY?!
This call has to be from the Rotterdam show tonight. How else to explain the name- Mr. MacPhisto? But why would Bono be calling the airport? My mind speeds frantically ahead, my body reacting to the shock.
Suddenly the realization dawns on me that the other end of the phone is still occupied. I grip the phone and hang on as if my life depends on it, listening intently.
“…would that be possible?” The bizarre British accent is inquiring about a flight. I’ve missed hearing where he wants to go. I blurt, “Your show… where’s… next?!” Normally I wouldn’t be this bad at English, but the shocking call is disturbing my ability to speak.
The voice on the other ends laughs a bit. “My show? …Why, what do you mean, darling?”
That’s it. I am done for. I take leave of my senses and ask, “Where do you want to go?”
“Well… well, have you nowhere exotic, like Singapore?”
The next show’s in Singapore? “Why do you want to go there?” I ask boldly. Not waiting for an answer, I say, “Is that the next show? I… I…”
The man saves me. “Why look! I am quite famous there… do you know who I am, young lady?”
Mr. MacPhisto or Bono? I’m not sure which name to use. “Maybe… you’re…”
Cutting me off, he replies, “Because I know who you are. I know you probably even better than you know yourself.”
Before my scrambled wits can gather together long enough to think of a response, there’s an enormous cheer from the crowd. And I suddenly realize that I have an audience much bigger than I can imagine.
“Oh, I… I don’t know…” I falter. “Um… do you still want the flight?”
“The flight? Oh, of course, of course. Might there be someplace sunny I can go to?”
I try to remember the weather forecasts. “Oh, I’m not sure about that… but tomorrow it is to be sunny right here, in Holland!”
Of course, as I speak these words the crowd lets out another big cheer.
“Well, that’s what they said about last night, but it rained; I ruined my hair!”
Picturing Bono’s dyed black hair, I have to laugh. And then I speed off with, “You’re fantastic!”
“Oh, and- and so are you, darling!” he says to me, sending thrills tingling throughout my body. “I think we could be great together!”
“Yes-“ I stutter. “Tonight-“
He continues, “You’re a nice young lady. What is your name?”
“M-Marieke!” I blurt again.
“Would you like for me to sing you a song, Marieke?”
That’s IT! Bono is going to sing a song now, just for me…?! In euphoria, I answer, “Oh that would be nice!”
“If you just stay on the line now, there’s a good girl-“ Suddenly the band strikes up. In those few seconds I manage to remember one important fact. “Lina! Hey, Lina, are you there! This is Marieke…” I stop as Mr. MacPhisto begins to sing. I know this song! Ultraviolet!
Sometimes I feel like- I don’t know
Sometimes I feel like checking out
I join in frantically. “I wanna get it wrong, can’t always be strong. And love, it won’t be long…”
The Edge’s riff blows me away. My breath literally stops for a moment, and as Mr. MacPhisto sings the next lines, tears come to my eyes.
“Oh sugar, don’t you cry, oh child wipe the tears from your eyes…”
Oh, the irony.

:lol: I have been reading this (just not logged in, been busy working and writing my own stuff, haven't had time to catch up on reading FF) and I promised myself when I did log in that I would comment. Don't feel discouraged, someone is reading it :sexywink:. I'm actually totally loving this so far! OMG MacPhisto on the phone! Best. Night. Of. Work. EVER! Continue this, please! I want to know where this is going!

Sometimes it takes a few chapters to illicit feedback. See where it's going....

I know I get bummed when I don't feedback, but once one starts, you get more. It's hard when you work on something so hard and are excited about it. Keep writing and I'll keep reading!

I'm reading this too! I'm sorry, I didn't check the fanfiction topics... I really like it, especially because it takes place in Holland! GO HOLLAAAND :hyper:! hehehe.

Please keep writing, I really like it!

Ultraviolet, yay!

This story is hilarious ^^ I love tongue-tied Marieke...and MacPhisto, you are terrible ;)

Back
Top Bottom