Anything At All, 7 (PM chapter)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Part of my original idea about this fic was to explore with way people are changed and developed by physical relationships. If I was going to write sex (and I was) I wanted to make the sex absolutely foundational to the character development and plot arc. For that reason, the remaining chapters of this fic have no PG version. The story is IN the sex- I can't separate 'em. So for each of the remaining three chapters, I'll print as much here as I can, and you have to PM for the rest. The ending of the story is private message only as well- no resolution without it! For those of you who hope to enjoy fic anonymously, I promise I won't tell on you. And for those who are uncomfortable with explicit fic, all I can promise is that is the farthest possible thing from gratuitous sex. I hope I get some readers! Enjoy, everybody

This is the song for this chapter, not because I think either of them listened to it (though, maybe) but because it's my very favorite seduction song ever. Ever. "I want you to put on your pretty summer dress, wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest. And I want to make love to you, yes, when the healing has begun." Plus, you know, Van is Irish.
Van Morrison - And The Healing Has Begun - YouTube

"Just give me a minute," Solvieg murmured as she slipped from his arms to open the door at the top of the stairs. "I think I left things kind of a mess." The sudden light stung his eyes. She disappeared into one of several doors on the left, and he was left to accustom to the brightness and study the flat. A long narrow chain of rooms, kitchen nearest and living room after, with a tall bank of windows on the far end. Bookshelves, an art print or two a clutter of resin statuary, a few tall halogen lamps. Formica table, worn sofa. It was a single person's flat, the kind place he'd never lived. His eyes fell on a pair of shoes by the door, much too big to be hers.

"Do you have a flat mate?" he called, suddenly wondering for the first time.

"She's at her boyfriend's tonight," she answered. "She usually does over the weekend."

He breathed a sigh of relief, not fancying fears of being overheard. Edge looked back down at the shoes again, then bent to remove his boots. He studied his stocking feet for a moment. There could be exciting things to do with socks, but he didn't intend to chance forgetting them and ending up in nothing but, like a complete wanker. He took them off and stowed them in the boot tops. When he stood up again she was leaning in the door way, the astonishing stretch of her bare legs nearly stopped his heart.

"Hey." she said softly. "Turn off that light behind you."

Edge paused in the sudden swimming darkness. Only a very faint square of light fell from the door of her room. It illuminated one side of her body, leaving the other half in darkness. Between them was impenetrable black. He paced carefully across the gulf, anchored by the cool touch of the floor on his feet. Just as he drew near she stepped out of reach, beckoning him inside. He saw a low white room with a slanted ceiling, a bed built near to the floor, a gardenia blooming in a window. A shallow clay lamp burning some clean smelling oil on a table, a tall pair of boots in the corner. A girl with gold-lit skin, waiting.

He stepped very close. She wore the same white camisole that had been demanding his eye all evening. The lamp behind made it translucent, the shadowed contours clearly visible underneath. He kissed her, then impatiently pulled her tight. Her true shape was startling without the bulk of winter clothes, a mix of soft and firm slopes that called his hands everywhere at once. After a moment he felt a tug at his buttons. He kept a firm grip on her backside but let go of the kiss and leaned back to give her room. Solvieg's eyes were fixed on the base of his neck, not her own fingers nimbly slipping buttons from their sockets. She didn't look away as she stripped the white shirt from his shoulders or pause when it dropped to the floor, but immediately went to work untucking his undershirt. He raised his arms for her remove it and watched, mesmerized, as she buried her face in his bare chest. Her knuckles moved like a breath over his ribs. She nuzzled and huffed lightly at the net of dark hair, and then burrowed to the skin beneath. He honestly couldn't recall the last time a woman had touched him like this. Not in the last cold years of his marriage, certainly not during the hasty drunken mess of Australia. She touched him agonizing slowness, meticulous care. His whole body tightened suddenly as her finger and thumb closed on his nipple"Christ," he muttered, and caught her hands roughly away.

Done, ladies. This is my first chapter of private-message worthy material and caused a LOT of anxiety, so let me know what you think!

Thank you so much, you guys! Detailed comments about the writing or the story are always very, very welcome too- this story is kind of an apprenticeship for me. But cold showers are fantastic too. Chapter 8, or as I like to call it, "round two", forthcoming in a week or so.

Thank you so much, you guys! Detailed comments about the writing or the story are always very, very welcome too- this story is kind of an apprenticeship for me. But cold showers are fantastic too. Chapter 8, or as I like to call it, "round two", forthcoming in a week or so.

you are killing me...do you know??? :D

Well done!

To me, this is the most important line in this piece and it's my favorite:

"Where's your mask now?" Solvieg said in his ear. "You came into my place today like nothing could touch you. But it's blown away like smoke. I see your real face."

It can be taken on so many different levels. His emotions are being stipped away and he is being made to feel as if the facade is being torn down. These two characters are not only relating on a humanistic level but also a deep spiritual level. Romanticism without the saccharin--leaving the conflict to be worked out from within.

Chapter 8, please!

I read all 7 chapters in one go. This is fantastic. I love your characterization of Edge, and Adam. They are simply spot on. I can see it all happening in my head. Quite beautiful.

Great work, cheers!

-T

PS- can you PM me the rest of this chapter? Thanks!

Thank you for sending me the full chapter! I really enjoyed it. It's a very sensual story, and like you said in your A/N...'the story is in the sex'. I was a bit weary when I read that. After reading the chapter as whole I can definitely see that happening. Your writing threads the conversation, sex, and exploration of Edge and Solveig so elegantly. I usually find talking during sex quite awkward. Though, this wasn't at all.

The only negative thing I must say is the condom thing. I think Edge (even though is so trusting!) knows exactly how women can be, especially by the time he got to the ZooTV era. I know you were trying to establish a deep connection between the two, but it seemed too sudden for me. I mean he's only known her for a couple of hours. For all he know's she could be the whore of Boston! (I know she's not) lmao. =)

Great job, I look forward to the rest of this story!!

-T

Thanks very much for the kind words! Chapter 8 really is on the way, everybody. I'm finding these last chapters that balance the emotional, the sexual and the spiritual to be much more challenging to write. I need to lock myself in a room to write! If only my children didn't need to eat so often....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom