Acrobat - Chapter 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Before Illuminate and before Mysterious Ways, there was Acrobat. It's 1992 and Zoo TV has kicked off. A young girl named Gloria has returned to the U2 family to assist her brother in press and tour management. This tells the story of how Bono and Gloria become Bono and Gloria.

This is very short - just a little taste.

"How you like to drop out for a semester and tour with U2?" Andrew asked.

Gloria dropped the phone. "What?"

"If you hate your classes that much, spend the summer with us. You want to learn the business, right? I need some help. I'll be busy with U2 and in Seattle," Andrew said.

"Am I doing wardrobe again?" The thought of dressing Bono again made everything tingle.

"No, you'd be assisting me with press, schedules and personal management, " he said.

Gloria had helped Andrew's growing business of public relations and agents to rising stars. She'd already met Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder. She sat on in an important meeting with a hot young actor Brad Pitt. U2 and REM were their biggest clients at the moment. But Andrew had courted the likes of Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins. Assisting Andrew would mean exclusive access to the band and to Bono. She took a deep breath. She had to remain professional. Andrew's friendship and career was on the line.

"You mean leave marketing classes and run away with the circus?" Gloria asked. "Absolutely."

"I knew you'd say that. There's a plane ticket to Florida at JFK," Andrew said.

That's how it all started. Gloria packed a big bag of her most capable yet flattering clothes. She kissed his girlfriend, Jane goodbye as she closed the door to her room at Andrew's apartment in the city. She told the few friends she had at school that she was running away with Bono. They all giggled.

The last time she saw them was in Andrew's office before their Lovetown tour. She was done with classes and stopped by Andrew's small downtown office. Those blue eyes greeted her at the receptionists desk.

"Do you have an appointment?" He raised one eyebrow and twisted his mouth in that grin that liquefied her legs.

Her mouth hung open. She wished desperately that she could be clever. Her mind blanked at the sight of him swiveling in that chair with his shirt hanging open. God, she wanted to make him release that throaty laugh. And he'd realize she was someone worthy of his love and time.

"Gloria!" Andrew called breaking the spell. Or saving her from more embarrassment as she gawked at the object of her obsession.

That was 3 years ago. She older and maybe a little more put together. Hopefully she wouldn't make a fool of herself as she had on the Joshua Tree tour. Everyone knew that she was desperately in love with him. Be cool, she told herself.

Andrew didn't give her much time to get ready. They dropped her things off at the hotel before going straight to the venue where the band were rehearsing. Her mind was a blur as he handed her all her road credentials. He explained the coded IDs.

"What’s green?" She asked as she looked at hers.

"All access. The only people with more are the band themselves," Andrew said.

Her heart raced. He attempted to go over the schedule, but her head was still buzzing. Just a few days ago, she was impatiently tapping a pen in a statistics class.

Gloria smoothed down her short skirt as she followed Andrew inside. She'd heard him talk about this tour. Something about TV screens on the stage. They were huge compared to the men on the stage. Andrew led her to Dennis.

"Wow, look who’s all grown up," he clucked.

Gloria blushed. It was only 5 years. Did she change that much?

Bono turned around to see Andrew and a woman with golden hair. He squinted into a nonexistent sun. "Who is that?"

"Is that his sister," Adam paused try to recall her name.

"Gloria," Bono said. Was that her? His eyes poured over her from head to toe. Gone was the gawky teen. "Well-hello Gloria."

Edge didn't like his tone. He knew things got a bit close on the Joshua Tree tour. Bono loved the attention she paid him. He had to admit, the girl grew up. But would she still be a teenager in love?

Bono stepped the the microphone. “Gloria...in te domine
Gloria...exultate
Oh Lord, if I had anything
Anything at all
I'd give it to you
I'd give it to you!”

He sang as she and Andrew made their way towards the stage.

The hair on her arms stood on end. Stay cool, she told herself. God he was an Adonis still. Gone was the ponytail. He rocked a pair of leather pants that showcased strong thighs. She swallowed hard. She wished she had some water - to sip and dump over her head. As always, his shirt was practically unbuttoned to his navel showing her the areas that distracted her so - neck and chest. Normally chest hair grossed her out. But she just wanted to touch his. Keep it together, she told herself. They were directly under him in what would be the front row. He knelt on one knee.

"Hello Gloria," he smiled down at her.

She thought she might throw up. "Is that on the set list for me?"
"Why, of course," he winked one twinkling blue eye.

"No, it's not," Larry called from his drums.
Gloria made herself look from Bono's gaze to Larry upstage. "Pity. Such a good song." She wondered who the hell was talking. The voice sounded confident not the way she felt inside.

Bono's smile twisted slightly. This was not the same girl. "Girl, get up here and give us a hug."

Her heart raced. It took every ounce of strength to casually walk to the stairs on the side. She wanted to take those steps 2 at time and throw herself into his arms. He was so close. She took deep breaths. She strode to Adam first.

"Hello love," Adam leaned forward to offer her a one arm embrace.

Larry waved from his drumkit. It didn't surprise her. Larry always regarded her with some disdain - like she were the kid sister he didn't want hanging around him and his friends. Edge crossed to her having removed his guitar.
"Gloria," Edge gave her a tight squeeze.
That left Bono. Steady girl, she told herself. "Bono, how are you?" Did they hear the waver in her voice.

"Gloria," his voice dropped. His arms wrapped around her waist as his body made contact with her. Involuntarily, she shivered. He smelled delicious. Her cheek brushed his neck. She wondered if it was possible for such little contact to cause an orgasm. And then it was over. She felt him leave her. Running her fingers through her hair, she stepped back. Those eyes held her captive until they switched to Andrew. "You decided to inflict us on her again."

"This time she won't have to deal with sweaty clothes. She got a promotion," Andrew wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Out of the dressing room into the fire, eh?" That wry smile stayed on those perfect lips. "You'll learn what miserably demanding bastards we are."

"I think I can handle it," she said. Who is this person, she wondered.
He nodded. "Fair play."
The drums interrupted his stare. "Oi. I'm starving. Let's finish this."
"Drummers, you'll learn Gloria, are impossible to deal with," with a parting wink, he went back to his microphone stand.

Gloria could finally breathe. When he looked at her, all time and thought stopped.

"Let me give the grand tour of the backstage," Andrew started back down the stairs.

Without casting a glance backwards, she followed her brother.

"Gloria's all grown up," Edge said casually as he and Bono zipped through the streets towards the hotel.

Bono nodded absently. "That tends to happen." He had to admit that he felt strange upon hearing she would be assisting Andrew. The dreams still hadn't stopped. Ever since the day she joined the last tour, she had haunted him. Why? Why was she so special? And now today. He envisioned that awkward teen with oversized t shirts and bad hair. Gone were both leaving a short skirt and sheath of golden hair. She found some confidence and attitude. That could be deadly. Behind the dark shades, Edge wouldn't be able to see the concern in his eyes. He barely escaped the last tour with a discretion. Except that one night.

It had been a brilliant last show. The energy hummed all around him from the time he ran off stage to the after party. A successful tour. They were a band on the brink of greatness. Celebrities, crew and band all piled into a small unsuspecting bar. He felt unsure about heading home. Ali was looking forward to him returning, but he felt like he could go another year. He'd miss everyone - or he was feeling nostalgic tonight. In a moment of peace, he ducked out the back door to grab a smoke. He'd quit, but one wouldn't kill. He was trying to forget the one person he knew he'd miss. Her eyes had been so sad as she helped him out of his shirt. She wouldn't look at him no matter how hard he stared at her. There were plenty of women staring at him now. They flirted and batted their eyes. They attempted to put themselves in his way or impress him. Gloria looked at him with nothing but love and adoration. She made sure to not stand too close. She enjoyed whatever attention she received from him. There was just something that drew him in. He knew being around was dangerous, but he couldn’t help himself.

The door creaked behind him. He closed his eyes. He didn't want to be bothered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Gloria said. "I didn't think anyone would be out here."

He whirled around. "I see we had the same thought." He tossed his cigarette away.

"It was hot in there," she nodded.

"Are you glad the tour is done?" He asked.

"Not really. This was the most amazing experience," she said. "I'll miss everyone. "

"Everyone? " he raised his eyebrows. "Am I in that?"

She nodded. "Definitely. " she paused wondering if she should say it. "Most of anyone, actually."

“Really? Am I that special?” he smiled.

Gloria looked at her sneakers. Biting her lower lip, she nodded. “Yeah, I mean you all are.”

He moved closer to her. “We’ll miss you too. I know I will. Maybe you can go on our next tour.”

“Maybe. I hope,” her voice was barely above a whisper.

“Hey,” he placed his hand under her chin and tilted her face up to his. God, she was so close. Those huge blue eyes gazed up at him with nothing but love. “We’ll see each other again. Right? Don’t be sad.” He smiled and was lost for a moment. “My little Glory.”

He stared at those lips - the same ones he’d thought too much about since they joined the tour. Against all rational thought, he bent his head to feel them. Softly, he pressed his lips to them. He meant for just a small kiss, but her lips parted immediately. Maybe he’d stay here for a second more. His tongue flicked inside her lips and he felt her sign against his mouth. He cradled her face in his hands and allowed his tongue to explore more. He felt her hands on his back pressing him closer. For a young girl, her kiss was electrifying. He felt a warm tingle in his pants. He wanted her so much - and that could not happen. He had to stop - to pull away. But her mouth was made for him. Her lips were soft but firm. As her tongue ventured into his mouth, he began to perspire. This shouldn’t be happening but he felt powerless against her mouth to stop it. He wanted more. An image flashed in his mind. Andrew. If he found Bono kissing his little sister like this, he would surely throw the first punch. He pulled away. Her eyes were still closed with a heavenly look on her young face. Young. Shit. She was 16 years old.

I’m sorry, Gloria,” he sighed. “I’m not sure what got into me.”
He saw the disappointment in her face. “I won’t tell...” she said in a tiny voice.
“Darling, you don’t need an old man like me. If I were younger and you were older,” he smiled. “Well, I’d be in trouble.”

Bono sighed. She was older now. She was about to turn 21. But he wasn’t just a married man, he was a family man with 2 little girls at home. He rubbed his chin. She looked incredible though. He would have to watch himself on this tour. That was just a tiny infatuation back then. He was just being silly.
“Where are we eating?” he asked.
Edge wondered where he went for the last five minutes. “I think a Cuban place.”

He nodded slowly. He didn’t care, but he wondered if Gloria would be there. “Is there vegetarian options for Lardence?”
Edge shrugged. “He can eat plantains.”
Bono laughed. “He’ll love that.”
“Add that to the list of things that annoy Larry,” Edge rolled his eyes.
“Is Andrew coming?” Bono asked casually.
There it was. Edge knew those wheels were turning. “I’m not sure. Maybe he’ll send Gloria to dine with us.”
Bono looked out the window to hide his flushed cheeks. “Maybe.”
“Everything okay, Bono?” Edge stared intently at his friend. He knew what a broken marriage could do. The last Bono needed was to start messing up his perfect marriage.
Bono rolled his eyes. “Are you serious? Is there something you want to discuss?”
“Didn’t you and Gloria have a little flirtation going on?” Edge asked.
“Oh, you mean the crush that she had on me a few years ago?” he said sharply. “She was just a kid. I think she’s over it now.” Truthfully, she did seem to change. Gone were the love sick eyes.
Edge held up his hands defensively. “Okay, just checking.” He wasn’t convinced. Hopefully by introducing this conversation, it put Bono on notice.
Bono was happy to get out of the car and third degree.

GraceRyan said:
She wondered if it was possible for such little contact to cause an orgasm.

GraceRyan said:
Edge shrugged. “He can eat plantains.”

:lmao:

:ohmy: Naughty Bono! U no kiss little teenage girls! :evil: When I was 16, if JT Bono had kissed me? I would have pissed my pants and passed out.
Oh wait. That would still probably happen. :lol:

UNF and :drool: I love this already. I love lovestruck kid Gloria...so easy to relate to.

:applaud:

I had debated on having that kiss happen when she was so young. That's why it happened at the very end of the tour. Another reason why she's so excited to on the tour.

:applaud:

Wonderful!

*read this and forgot how to type momentarily* Thoughts of JT Bono kissing me caused a meltdown and then the image of ZooBono with leather pants and a practically open shirt is just :drool:

Oh. Larry is going to be fun in this story, I can tell already. What a fussy bastard he is so far :laugh: it's lovely. How he gets from point A to point B with Gloria after this...I mean, really...

Bono loved the attention she paid him. He had to admit, the girl grew up. But would she still be a teenager in love?

Bono stepped the the microphone. “Gloria...in te domine
Gloria...exultate
Oh Lord, if I had anything
Anything at all
I'd give it to you
I'd give it to you!”

...I just had a major squee-fest, with that. FINALLY. It was going to happen, and it happened, and yaaaay!

I had debated on having that kiss happen when she was so young. That's why it happened at the very end of the tour. Another reason why she's so excited to on the tour.

Very interesting... but I know what you mean - kind of weird to 'go there'. See "Stories For Boys" - I'm a bit "should I go there?!" myself!

Great opening chapter, now let's get to the good stuff :D

Bono singing Gloria to Gloria was adorable...

Bono kissing 16 year old Gloria was creepy...

The set up between characters is looking good...

and one last thing- this
Normally chest hair grossed her out. But she just wanted to touch his.
is SO TRUE! (For me anyway, I don't know about you.)

BlueSilkenSky said:
Great opening chapter, now let's get to the good stuff :D

Bono singing Gloria to Gloria was adorable...

Bono kissing 16 year old Gloria was creepy...

The set up between characters is looking good...

and one last thing- this

is SO TRUE! (For me anyway, I don't know about you.)

Well, if she was 16 like me, she looked about 22. That's why he stopped it. Huge alarm went off in his head on that kiss.

Depending on the guy, I don't mind chest hair.....but I am a little obsessed with his for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom