A Tender Trap--Chapter Eight--

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoveandLogic

Refugee
BABY, WE'RE GOING TO NASHVILLE! 7/2/11 <3
Summary: Bono and Raven had the ideal marriage. But after the Joshua Tree tour, things start to go downhill. With Edge's own marriage hanging on a string and the tension within everyone involved, the band flees to Berlin to find artistic inspiration. Edge and Raven team together to escape the loneliness in their lives. How far will they go to feel complete again?

A/N:
Again, thank you to the most awesome, wonderful, totally incredible beta WithoutSpeaking. You are da bomb diggidy! Giggidy.
winky.gif

Sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter than all the others. The beta thought it was best to end this chapter here and after reading it, I totally agree with her. I hate when she's right. But, anyways, enjoy and as always, please leave feedback. We live off of it.

Latest Chapters:

A Tender Trap--Chapter One--

A Tender Trap--Chapter Two--

A Tender Trap--Chapter Three--

A Tender Trap--Chapter Four

A Tender Trap--Chapter Five--

A Tender Trap--Chapter Six--

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f231/a-tender-trap-chapter-seven-209240.html

Rating: R (lots of cursing...I have a filthy mouth.)

Author: LoveandLogic

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]* * * *
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Come on, love, let’s get off of this kitchen floor. You’re going to catch a cold,” Bono said, helping Raven to her feet. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They gathered their clothes and she followed Bono up the stairs to their bedroom. They collapsed on the bed and Bono reached over to the side table to light a candle. Raven lifted the covers and slid underneath the sheets with her husband, both ignoring the reality that they were still naked. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bono noticed that she kept looking from him to the phone and back again. He crossed his brows, running his nails along her forearm softly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“What’s wrong, love?” he asked. “Everything alright?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She nodded into the pillow. “Yes. I’m just worried sick about Edge. He said he was checking into a hotel tonight but I haven’t heard anything from him ... he promised he would ring once he got settled in. You know, to let us know he was safe.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Aye, I’m worried about him as well. Of all the people I know, Edge is the last person who deserves to go through this. How was he today?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Ok, I guess,” Raven shrugged. “I tried keeping him busy with the tattoo machines and conversation but…he can’t hide anything. You know how he is. He’s the most calm person I know and after his outburst the other night I don’t think it’s prudent to leave him on his own.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I know. We need to talk him into going to Adam’s. He has the extra guest house so Edge will have his own space and if anything should happen, Adam will be there to help.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“You’re right,” Raven closed her eyes and produced a deep breath. “That would be best for him right now. I just wish he would ring us.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At that moment, they both jumped at the shrill sound of the telephone. Raven almost fell off the end of the bed reaching for the receiver as Bono sat up, anxious to know the whereabouts of Edge.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Edge … are you … are you ok?” Raven’s voice was troubled. “Are you … damn it, Edge! I told you not to drink! How much … Edge, calm down. Please, Edge, calm down. Breathe. Where are you?” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Raven, what’s going on?” Bono pushed when Raven’s spine straightened, her muscles physically taut and stiff. “Raven…”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She swatted an arm at him, her face askew. “Edge! Listen to me. What room are you in?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Silence.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Ok, don’t move. I’ll be right there.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven slammed the phone down and started to dress, frantic and shaking. Bono turned the lamp on and began questioning.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Where is he?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“The Clarence.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Yeah…that makes sense. Is he ok?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven snorted. “No. He’s drunk beyond reason. I specifically told him not to drink! Men…I’m going to him. Do you want to come?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bono shook his head. “He obviously wants you. And you can calm him down better than I can. Besides, being around too many people might shut him down completely. Just…please be careful. The weather is getting horrid.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven dressed into a pair of jeans and a heavy sweater. Bono, on the other hand, remained nude, the light shimmering off his glorious pale skin like a rainbow on the feathers of a dove.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They embraced tightly and kissed deeply. Bono dreaded the idea of Raven driving in the dark, the roads no doubt slick and beginning to flood. The rain fell in hard patters and pounded on the glass of their bedroom window.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Please drive slow,” he pleaded. “And if it gets too bad don’t chance it. Just stay there. Ring me when you get to the hotel to let me know you’re ok.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At times, it amazed Raven just how trustworthy her husband was. Any other man wouldn’t even allow her to mention going to a hotel in the middle of the night to console a drunken man. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Why couldn’t she be more like him? She hadn’t even told him that Edge kissed her last night. Shouldn’t that be something that a wife would tell her husband? Though she didn’t kiss back, it was significant. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was nothing, [FONT=&quot]she convinced herself. It wasn’t important. He wasn’t himself. It meant nothing. Nothing…nothing…nothing…[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Promise me,” Bono repeated. “Promise you won’t drive if the roads get too bad ...”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I promise, sweetheart...I better get going. I don’t care about the weather. I care about Edge. The weather can worsen, but I don’t want our Edge to…”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Aye. That you should. Kiss me. I love you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I love you, too. I’ll give you a ring if anything comes up. Get some sleep, baby.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven raced down the stairs, tied her boots, and grabbed her coat and keys. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Luckily the roads weren’t as bad as they appeared, though the rain hadn’t let up in the slightest. The temperature, she noted, was dropping steadily as the night deepened; dark clouds drifted in from the east, indicating a probable thunderstorm. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Reaching the Clarence Hotel, Raven parked close to the building and ran inside as fast as her legs could take her. Having only been here on a few occasions, it took her quite some time to find the front desk. Raven had been expecting a long few minutes of arguing with the receptionist. However, astonishingly, she was handed Edge’s room key without hesitation. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven cocked an eyebrow at the key. The receptionist chuckled and explained professionally. “A Mr. P Hewson called to inform us that you would be here and to give you the key to this room.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven smirked and shook her head. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank God for Bono[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sprinting now to the nearest elevator, Raven thanked the lady behind the front desk over her shoulder and pushed the orange lit button to the third floor. She waited impatiently, cursing at the device for going so bleedin’ slow![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It didn’t take her as long to find his room as it did to find the front desk. She slowed down when approaching the door and cautiously settled her hand on the doorknob. A blow to her lungs paralyzed her when she saw that the door was ajar. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Damn it, Edge,” she cursed, marching into the room. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was dark inside, the only light permitted was that from the hall. A strong musk of whiskey damaged the room. She could see the mounds of Edge’s body on the bed, his knees to his chest in a fetal position. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Edge,” she almost cried, rushing to him, his sobs loud and brutal. She kneeled before the bed and grasped for his hand.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He drew back impulsively.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“No! Don’t fucking touch me!”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven backed away, balancing on the balls of her feet. “Edge, it’s me.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“No! Go…go away! I don’t…I don…need you! I don’t need anybody!”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven closed her eyes and exhaled. She stood and turned on the light, causing Edge to emit an annoyed growl. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Turn the fucking light off! Now!”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Fuck off,” Raven declared. Now wasn’t the best time to talk harshly to him but she figured if she was stern with him, as he was with her, that it might snap him back into reality. “Where’s the bottle?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Edge sat up in the bed and Raven’s heart hammered at the visual. He hadn’t changed out of his clothes, the brown shirt now even more wrinkled than it was the night he came like a tornado into her house. His jeans were stained from spills of alcohol, the braid in his hair knotted and frizzy. Somehow he had managed to keep a bandanna straight on his head.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What ached the most, however, was the apparent and profound rage she witnessed inside his usually calm, kind eyes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“What bottle?” Edge asked, his words slurred and body swaying. “There is…no…bottle.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Oh for fuck’s sake! You drank the whole thing! Edge.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Get out of here.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven shook her head. “No. Come on,” she whispered, pacing towards him, her sight fastened on his. “Lay down, Edge. You’re going to make yourself sick if you keep moving around.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I don’t give a shit.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I know you don’t but I do. Please, just sit with me.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Edge appeased her and allowed himself to be at Raven’s mercy, sitting next to her on the side of the bed. She attempted to take his hand for a second time, and once again, he refused.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Edge, sweetheart, it’s me. It’s Raven. I’m not going to hurt you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]His tired eyes stared into her severely, causing her blood to surge. “She hurt me … why should you be any different?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]His words, colder than the wind-chill outside their window, had frozen her soul. She felt her bones shrivel and heart pound. Was it just the alcohol talking, she wondered? Or was this really Edge? This couldn’t be her sweet, Zen and level-headed Edge ...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Because I care for you more than you’ll ever know, Dave,” Raven stated sternly, hoping that the usage of his real name would trigger something inside him. “You are my best friend. I confide in you and you in me. I want to help you. I want to be there for you. The last thing I’d ever want to do is hurt you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Raven saw the whites of Edge’s eyes transform to a red tinge before her, the tears building up, hunting out freedom. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“You can cry. It’s all right. It’s just you and me, Edge. There’s nobody here but you and me. Don’t hold it back…” she encouraged. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After a long, deafening pause of silence, Edge broke down, his cries a drunken hum as he fell into Raven’s body. Urgently, she held him to her, smoothing his hair as his tears soaked through her shirt, straight to her very marrow.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“That’s it, Edge. It’s ok. Let it out. Don’t be afraid, love. I’m here for you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Edge choked through his cries, his voice barely recognizable. . “It…hur…ts…”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Shhh. I know it hurts. God, Edge, I’m so sorry.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For what seemed like hours they lingered like this. Raven couldn’t hold back any longer and, eventually, she too allowed the burning tears to spill down her chin. This was a greater grief than anything else in the world. Edge was dying inside and there was very little she could do to bring him back to life. [/FONT]

You’re going to catch a cold

Is this a common theme? ;)

both ignoring the reality that they were still naked.

WHYYY.

Bono, on the other hand, remained nude, the light shimmering off his glorious pale skin like a rainbow on the feathers of a dove.

Yum.

She hadn’t even told him that Edge kissed her last night

I think this is a common theme too...uh-oh

:( Poor Edgy.

Lovely imagery. Well, Mr. Hewson being naked. Especially in the era we are in. ROWR. I wonder if it was like this for Edge back then. If only he had Raven. Does this take place over a few eras?

Um... when I start a chapter and see the words "let's get off of this kitchen floor" you know I will really be wondering what happened... Looks like their relationship had a big boost here... maybe the end's not near like I thought?
I guess I can't say anything because I didn't read ch. seven. :sexywink:
I feel horrible for Edge now :sad:

Back
Top Bottom