(12-29-2004) Getting Ready For U2 - PollStar*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Getting Ready For U2

The word is still officially mum regarding U2's sojourn across the continents, but some things might already be known. According to various sources, it looks like the boys from Dublin are going to announce an arena tour, kicking things off in the U.S. this March.

What is called a tentative schedule for the band has been surfacing.

After rehearsing in France January and February, U2 should be in America throughout March, April and May, and might even be playing on Bono's birthday, May 15. The band is expected to kick things off March 1 in Miami, touring East markets (plus some Canada dates) throughout the month. In April, U2 should be visiting the Northwest section of the U.S. and Canada, with West Coast dates tentatively scheduled for May.

After taking a break for the second half of May, U2 is supposed to be in Europe from June through the first half of August, playing stadiums from England to Spain to Italy.

After taking a similar break at the end of August, September should find U2 in Canada, then back to the U.S., mostly for Midwest markets. October is supposed to be about the East Coast and Southwest, and November brings the band back to the West Coast again.

There's also dates in Japan and Australia near the end of ‘05. At least, that's the way the wind is blowing at this point.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=3748

I couldn't imagine them not hitting the likes of Chicago in the first leg. I mean during Elevation they hit Milwuakee during the first leg which is a smaller market. Maybe the smaller market midwest towns in the second US leg and the bigger ones in the first leg? I couldn't wait till mext September for a U2 show. Can anyone say road trip?

Aaaaaaargh!!! No Midwest dates till September? U2 haven't played Tennessee since '97......

C.

The announcement should be coming soon now and we'll all know the extended details, finally.

Back
Top Bottom