(12-14-2004) The Next Single - Twice - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The Next Single - Twice

'All Because of You' is to be U2's second single in North America, while 'Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own' is set for release in the rest of the world.

Both tracks are taken from the multi-million selling album 'How To
Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'.

It's not the first time that the band has released different tracks as a second single from an album.

In February 2001, 'Walk On' was released as single number two in the USA and Canada, while 'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of' was the second single from ATYCLB in the rest of the world. ('Walk On' was subsequently released as the band's fourth single in the rest of the world.)

U2 are currently working on videos to accompany both new singles. The video for 'All Because Of You' was shot during the band's recent visit to New York, while Phil Joanou filmed the band in performance at Dublin's Gaiety Theatre last night for 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own'.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1265

Simple. The band need something that is more "rocking" sounding here. Though I also have a theory--they may not want to "pollute" this song (Sometimes)by putting it on a TV commercial. In Europe and the rest of the world, Clear Channel hasn't taken over radio yet, and U2 can still easily get to #1 on the Top 40 singles charts and on the Hot 100, without much outside help. They don't need a TV commercial to stay in the public eye. America, sadly, is the only country where they have to fight the latest flash in the pan for "relevance." (this isn't their fault, it's the fault of having to operate in a savage business climate that is forcing a whole generation of acts to disappear off the charts prematuely..)

I think that in America, the "second-best" songs from the Cd are going to be the singles..in spite of the marketing strategy they may want to preserve the "integrity" of the best music on the Cd, by doing it this way. I would, if I were them.

(sorry, Vertigo was great but it just isn't in the same league as "Sometimes" or OOTS , IMHO:)

(Let the flames begin):wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom