(12-14-2004) Rare U2 picture sold for €12k - Online.ie*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rare U2 picture sold for €12k

A rare signed photograph of U2 taken by a world-renowned photographer went under the hammer tonight for €12,000.

The exclusive picture, snapped by Anton Corbijn, has remained unseen since the band's first shoot with the photographer in Sweden in 1982.

It was expected to fetch between €6,000 and €10,000 at the auction in the James Adam & Sons Salesroom in Dublin.

However, there was significant demand for the picture in U2's home city and after several bids, it was sold for €12,000 to an anonymous bidder.

"We are delighted with the price. It has more than exceeded expectations," said a James Adam spokeswoman.

The black and white U2 image shows the four bandmates standing in a field with long grass shoots rising above their heads.

Three of the group members, one of whom is dressed in a check shirt, are looking directly at the camera, while Bono stares to the side with a wide-brimmed black hat perched on his head.

The previous owner was given the photograph by U2's designer Steve Averill.

Anton Corbijn has snapped legions of rock and roll legends and Hollywood stars including The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, REM and Cameron Diaz.

His photographs have graced the pages of Vogue, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone Magazine and Mojo, as well as dozens of album covers.

Corbijn first met U2 in New Orleans in 1982 and their relationship has strengthened, with the photographer working on their shoot in Lisbon for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

He took the shots which adorn the cover of The Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby, Pop and the All That You Can't Leave Behind albums.

http://www.online.ie/news/viewer.adp?article=3186669

I just had to get it!
I know it's a lot and I had to use a loan, but I really wanted it. it is great..

Back
Top Bottom