(12-13-2004) U2 fans catch glimpse of band on video shoot - IOL*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 fans catch glimpse of band on video shoot

Hundreds of music fans gathered to catch a glimpse of rock legends U2 today as they filmed the video for their next single.

Gardaí were on high alert outside Dublin’s legendary Gaiety Theatre as the four band-mates attempted to sneak in unnoticed.

But the hoards of screaming fans, some of whom had waited since 6.30am, soon scuppered their efforts.

A spokeswoman said the band were filming a video for their next single from their much-awaited album, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, which has topped the charts in over 30 countries.

The band’s spokeswoman said the name of their next single had not yet been released.

The Edge pulled up outside their hometown theatre in a taxi with blacked-out windows at around 1pm.

He spent several minutes signing autographs and having his picture taken with dedicated fans.

The crowd then surged forward as Bono arrived some 45 minutes later.

The international humanitarian campaigner spent five minutes greeting fans before making a victory salute and entering by the stage door.

The crowd quickly dispersed after glimpsing the U2 frontman.

Several gardaí watched over the crowd, erected safety barriers and ensured traffic continued to flow past the theatre.

Over 50,000 fans recently lined the streets of New York to catch a glimpse to the band as they moved across the Brooklyn bridge on a truck.

© Thomas Crosbie Media, 2004.

http://212.2.162.45/news/story.asp?j=127238850&p=yz7z39556&n=127239610

pictures:

52558e76.jpg

014ad943.jpg

d0b0dc89.jpg

160ea738.jpg

The nice thing about doing videos for both within such a short span is that they won't have to shoot any during the first part of the tour. As long as they don't reshoot any videos. (Stuck was so much better with the Van. :madspit: )

whats the reasoning behind having different singles out in different countries? Why not ABOY next with SYCMIOYO as the thirrd, universally?

jammin909 said:
whats the reasoning behind having different singles out in different countries? Why not ABOY next with SYCMIOYO as the thirrd, universally?

I'm wondering if the reason is that ABOY is a shorter song and would be more likely to be played in the U.S. without one of those annoying radio edits. I'm assuming radio stations outside the U.S. are more likely to play longer songs without edits, but I could be wrong.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Does anyone have any clue whos is the director?

From U2.com:

Fresh from directing the New York shoot for U2’s next North American single, ‘All Because of You’, director Phil Joanou flew in to Dublin to take the helm again. With hundreds of fans jamming the backstage entrance on Grafton Street, inside Dublin’s oldest theatre a troupe of actors were miming classic operatic moves, their titanic silhouettes outlined on a giant white scrim separating stage from seating.

‘The aim is to create an operatic kind of atmosphere in the visuals,’ as a member of the production team put it, ‘But it’s not too literal.’

Rest of the article here: http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1267

Thanks sue4u2! :up:

I think it's cool that they're working with Phill again but wouldn’t it be better if they tried out with a new director or something, like they did with Vertigo? Get someone with fresh ideas and stuff is cool IMO. :shrug:

And by the way, am I the only one who would love to see Morleigh directing a new U2 video? I know she isn't what I just said I would like U2 to do a video with but her version for SATS is awesome! :up:

TheBrazilianFly said:
Thanks sue4u2! :up:
And by the way, am I the only one who would love to see Morleigh directing a new U2 video? I know she isn't what I just said I would like U2 to do a video with but her version for SATS is awesome! :up:

Hi TBF:wave:,

uh, Im not familiar with this song acronym. Por favor, please tell me what it is.

And what would have been Morleigh's artistic cridentials to be able to do it? She may be a real good dancer, but not all artistic talents translate from one medium to another.i didn't know she had done any vid direction for u2.

dazzledbylight said:

Hi TBF:wave:,

uh, Im not familiar with this song acronym. Por favor, please tell me what it is.

And what would have been Morleigh's artistic cridentials to be able to do it? She may be a real good dancer, but not all artistic talents translate from one medium to another.i didn't know she had done any vid direction for u2.

Hello dazzled! :wave: Good to see you again my friend! :hug:

Morleigh directed a second video for Starring At The Sun, I think it was all shot in super 8 and yeah, it's a very homemade kind of video but it has great scenes there that she got from the boys. I just think it would be interesting to see what she would do with a bigger budget.... Didn't she directed a documentary or something some time ago? :hmm:

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

She is a filmmaker now, she's done at least a couple of dance documentaries.

Back
Top Bottom