(12-08-2005) 'In His Memory' - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'In His Memory'

'Everything we do tonight is in his memory,' explains Bono to the Hartford audience, on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the death of John Lennon. Here's what they played, more here.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes you Can’t Make it on Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One / Help

Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Stuck in a Moment
Instant Karma
Yahweh

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1836

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome. I know Bono and his band mates have been Lennon fans. :up: I think it would be cool for Bono or any of the U2 clan to do a song with Sean Lennon and/or Yoko.

Bono has been quoted as saying that the Beatles are his favorite band. It's a great choice, which I share with him.

He has also described their 1968 album The Beatles, commonly known as "The White Album" as the blue print for U2, due to the great diversity in styles of music on that album.

I cannot believe it has been 25 years!!! Seems like just a few years ago....I went to bed for three days! That year I hung all my Christmas ornaments with black silk ribbons...A day I will never forget as long as I life....Susan

It was very rough for me to hear about John's murder. I had been a Beatles fan since I was two years old, and I was eighteen at the time he was killed. My mother did not allow me to listen to them after 1966, when their music turned "bad", but in 1980 when John made a comeback, I was so ready to get back into him! And then he was killed. I still haven't fully gotten over it. Love U2 for loving him.

I'll never forget that night. My youngest son was only a little over a month old and I was writing in his baby book the most popular song when he was born, which just happened to be Beautiful Boy by John Lenon.
My husband was watching Monday Night football and Howard Cosell suddendly announced that John Lennon had been shot.

Jesus, I still get chills just thinking about it..:sad:

Back
Top Bottom