(12-07-2004) U2.Com Getting Up To Speed - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2.Com Getting Up To Speed ...

Five days on, launch issues with the new U2.Com are being resolved, speed and functionality is picking up.

Our apologies to those of you who have faced problems with the site to date. Some of the issues were out of our hands - like power outtages in the US at the weekend which shut down servers on a number of sites including our own.

Others have been technical issues which we have been working to rectify in the last few days ­ and through several nights.

Many of you have been trying to take out paid membership to the Subscription area of the new site. While there have been no problems for some, others have found the process a frustration ­ and understandably given up! Again, our apologies. We have now introduced a simpler, faster 'U2.Com subscription' process.

Thanks to those of you who have mailed us following the launch of our new site ­ an even mix of praise for the new look and features (too kind!) and advice (to put it mildly!) about improving functionality. Every e-mail is read, every problem raised is addressed, we hope you are finding the service improving daily.

While we have been concentrating on getting technical issues resolved this week, in the coming weeks we have a range of exclusive interviews, news developments and media specials ready to put online ­ watch this space!

Zootopia, our interactive fan area, is proving as busy as ever - please remember to keep your comments relevant to the section you are in and keep the discussion clean and fun so that all contributors can take part in a friendly environment. (Please remind anyone being abusive that they will be banned if they persist, and not allowed to resubscribe.)

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1260

getting up to speed? so that'll be it up to 1 mph now. hoho

I worked in the laser printer industry for almost 7 years untill I was downsized. Everytime we launched a new product/printer it was a major headache trying to get everyting up and running with the different computer's Mac & PC etc, programs and types of users.
With that said, I can't begin to say I understand what is going on with this site and the possible "under-estimation" of what was expected and what actually happened. All I know is I'm waiting untill the bugs are worked out to sign up. I don't have a problem with the money, except if I loose it of course.
I'm still looking for my next employment or lotto winnings. :wink:

i've been a professional web developer for 9 years, u2.com and it's bugs is just shocking and I'd never get away with that!

i've tried FOUR times to get paid subscription tonight and it's failed each time....where is the "We have now introduced a simpler, faster 'U2.Com subscription' process" ??

Thanks Ewan...it's great to have my outrage backed up by an expert:)I posted something in the other thread about how I, like Sue, was waiting until the bugs were cleared up. Not to inquire into personal matters, but have you had yr Mastercard for a long time? I'm sure it goes without saying you have more than enough credit! I've had my credit card a long time (years).

Thanks for telling me the "Express" system wasn't working yet, even on Wed. I'm using Internet Explorer in a college campus library. Would the choice of computer programs have anything to do with it?

I'd love to know the genius who decided to do this so LATE.

I'd have done the whole Propaganda conversion system at least a year ago. I'd have spent 2 months, at least, sending out the letters, starting in Jan of '04, debuted the site in May or June, and spent until August slowly building the online Prop database. That would have left plenty of time to iron out any kinks. And left 3 months to organize a viable "online order form" ticketing selling system. Which won't happen BTW...a reliable source tells me that FanFire connects to Ticketbastard for all its pre-sales.

The timeframe is incredible. Who ever thought you'd be able to do this all in a month or so??

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
Thanks Ewan...it's great to have my outrage backed up by an expert:)I posted something in the other thread about how I, like Sue, was waiting until the bugs were cleared up. Not to inquire into personal matters, but have you had yr Mastercard for a long time? I'm sure it goes without saying you have more than enough credit! I've had my credit card a long time (years).

Thanks for telling me the "Express" system wasn't working yet, even on Wed. I'm using Internet Explorer in a college campus library. Would the choice of computer programs have anything to do with it?

I'd love to know the genius who decided to do this so LATE.

I'd have done the whole Propaganda conversion system at least a year ago. I'd have spent 2 months, at least, sending out the letters, starting in Jan of '04, debuted the site in May or June, and spent until August slowly building the online Prop database. That would have left plenty of time to iron out any kinks. And left 3 months to organize a viable "online order form" ticketing selling system. Which won't happen BTW...a reliable source tells me that FanFire connects to Ticketbastard for all its pre-sales.

The timeframe is incredible. Who ever thought you'd be able to do this all in a month or so??

Yes Teta my credit is ok! ?? i wouldn't be silly to have a blast at U2's site if I knew there was a problem with my card!

Shortly after an email to them, I don't know if it's coincidence, the system accepted my card and now I'm a paid subscriber.

Also, if you are having problems getting the site to work you might find using an alternative Web Browser might work for you - I had to use Firefox because Internet Explorer just did not like the checkout whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom