(12-06-2004) Bono's Six-in-a-Bed -- The Sun*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved the article which actually reminded me of my family (I used to jump to my parents bed in the morning too - long before I was 15, though...).
It all makes sense because they're great people and they love each other.
And it’s true that Bono and Ali already celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary two years ago.
Brilliant post Jamila!
:wink:

That poem was hilarious. I remember Bono's "thug" comment...strangely he hasn't said who the baby looks like. Hm..I think he looks like Dad?:wink: What was it that Bob Hewson said (RIP) when Eli was born and hadn't been names yet.."What are you going to call him? How about 'Revenge'?":lol:

Do you know, I actually have been trying to visually figure this out. After reading the article yesterday I couldn't get it out of my head. Would Bono and Ali have a problem lying in bed next to each other in front of their teenagers, presumably with one's arm cradled around the other, would I as a parent of a teenage kid be able to do that? And if it IS a case of the kids crawling into the bed, God only knows how much (or little) they wear! I'm sure there have been times where the girls might want to just fall exhausted into the bed but, uh, obviously decide to back out of the room...AHEM....after seeing their sleeping costume for the night...you can't assume that just b/c they're older parents they're ALWAYS dressed conservatively! And with THIS relationship!Oh dear...I shouldn't be saying these things...sorry if I've offended anybody...:)

The more likely pic I have is of one on one side, one on the other and the kids in between. Certainly the boys in the middle, for safety reasons.

I can't believe I'm obsessing over this, but then Bono, you shouldn't have shared such an intimate detail about your family life in public...sometimes I'm scared for him. He still retains a bit of niavete. He seems to be quite free, too, with this British scandal rag. He also told a Sun reporter a thing about John's birth in 2001 that I don't recall ever reading anywhere else...that Ali "roared like a lion" during labor..which I'm not surprised at, 4th kid or no, because her labor was so short they didn't even have time for an epidural, I'm sure......if you've been to Dublin you know how short the route is between Bono's place and any Dublin hospital.....Dublin is such a small place. And if they only had 20 minutes to spare before the baby came...then her labor couldn't have been longer than an hour, maybe a bit longer. I'm told this is common...a sudden "attacK' with a later child???

Geez..I'm in a "family" mood tonight....oh well...

But I can't get this charming picture out of my head.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have no "dirty" thoughts! I'm sure, too, that BOTH parents would have to be in the bed for an older child of the opposite sex for it to be a 'right" thing, no matter how comfortable you are with it.......that's common sense.

Last edited:
I bet Bono is the first to get kicked out of bed...

"mam, tell dad to stop snoring and hoggin most of the covers!!"

Haha, this thread's making me laugh :p.

Anywho...I haven't slept in my parents' room for god knows how long now, but I can understand where some older kids might just be having a bad time of it or something, and they might want some comfort from their parents, so they go and just lay with them for a night or two, just kind of a way to be reassured that someone's there who loves them and cares about them and stuff.

I'm just trying to picture a bed big enough for six people. Holy crud...

Angela

Teta040 said:

Do you know, I actually have been trying to visually figure this out. After reading the article yesterday I couldn't get it out of my head. Would Bono and Ali have a problem lying in bed next to each other in front of their teenagers, presumably with one's arm cradled around the other, would I as a parent of a teenage kid be able to do that? And if it IS a case of the kids crawling into the bed, God only knows how much (or little) they wear! I'm sure there have been times where the girls might want to just fall exhausted into the bed but, uh, obviously decide to back out of the room...AHEM....after seeing their sleeping costume for the night...you can't assume that just b/c they're older parents they're ALWAYS dressed conservatively! And with THIS relationship!Oh dear...I shouldn't be saying these things...sorry if I've offended anybody...:)

The more likely pic I have is of one on one side, one on the other and the kids in between. Certainly the boys in the middle, for safety reasons.

I can't believe I'm obsessing over this, but then Bono, you shouldn't have shared such an intimate detail about your family life in public...sometimes I'm scared for him. He still retains a bit of niavete. He seems to be quite free, too, with this British scandal rag.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have no "dirty" thoughts! I'm sure, too, that BOTH parents would have to be in the bed for an older child of the opposite sex for it to be a 'right" thing, no matter how comfortable you are with it.......that's common sense.

i find it absolutely amazing anybody is insinuating or even mentioning anything other than the fact that they seem to be a fantastic family unit...who cares what they're wearing in bed!!! they're a FAMILY!!! jeez! maybe i'm lucky to have been brought up with similar atitudes to life and kind of feel sorry for people that haven't.....the mention of the parents being at opposite side of the bed is just ridiculous....do you really think they'd be frolicing about while their kids are there?

not only is Bono a rolemodel for budding rockstars he's now a rolemodel to parenthood

Rachel D. said:
Maybe they do this because Bono is away so much and they want to spend more time together.

maybe they do it because they're a loving, happy family!

OMG..was I suggesting that they'd be anything other than SLEEPING??? I was just saying that they'd care less about putting on the long sleeves and bathrobe when it was just the little boys in bed than if the girls went in there!! Like Bono might not want to wear just a T-shirt over his PJ's if the girls came in, he'd put on a bathrobe instead. What kind of a person do you take me for? OH NO!! WHO are the people with dirty minds??

This thread is freaking me out too. I 'm out of here. I think...

I really think somebody should tell Bono not to give interviews to The Sun.:ohmy:

And I sincerely hope PLEBA does not have a corresponding thread on this article..THEN you'd see some commentary:ohmy: :ohmy:

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering, is this story really true? The Sun is a well-known tabloid that published false stories about Bono before. It had that story a couple of years ago about Bono flying in his hat first class on a plane just before a concert with Pavarotti. And remember when it had those fake photos of a six foot Bono with a blonde Ali and baby John dressed as a girl?

I don't know, it just occurred to me given the past history this paper has had with Bono. And also I thought it was a bit odd that a teenager would want to sleep in the same bed as her parents. I mean, most teenagers would do anything to be as far from their parents as possible. Nothing wrong with the two boys, because I did the same thing when I was little. But the two teenage girls sharing a bed with their parents made me suspicious. (And no, I am not thinking anything dirty or perverted here) Another thing, wouldn't Bono and Ali want some privacy since they don't spend a lot of time together? And why would Bono talk to a tabloid?

I don't mean to ruin all the warmth that going around, but it all sounds a little suspicious to me, and its lame that a paper would want to make up such a story just to sell or make up for any free space in it.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong

Last edited:
I turned on MTV this morning to see if there was anything on. There wasn't, but Shaquille(sp) O'neill, the basketball star was talking about he and his wife and the kids in the bed etc. I don't know how many kids they have but he gave a tour of his bedroom and the bed was round and get this, 30 feet across!! When he lay down on it he actually looked normal size. He's about 7 ft tall or more. The bedroom was as large as my apartment minus the closets.
I would imagin, just speculating of course, that Ali & Bono would have their bed special made and I see absoutely nothing wrong with any or all of them climbing in at any given moment.
I can imagine pillow fights, long talks about boys, life, love etc, and playtime/homework with the young ones. This is a family afterall. :heart:
I think it's charming...and :cool:

Back
Top Bottom