(12-03-2004) Band Aid Single Not Available in the US -- BBC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40579000/jpg/_40579963_bandaid_203.jpg[/SIMG]
Band Aid Single Not Avaialble in the US

The new version of the 1984 single "Do They Know It's Christmas" is not going to be released in the US, despite being sold in many countries around the world.

US record shops are stocking an import version of Do They Know It's Christmas, which is said to be selling very well in Los Angeles and New York.

The original track was released in the US, and reached number 13 in the singles chart.

British stars who appear on the current recording, such as Dido and Coldplay's Chris Martin, are well-known to music fans across the Atlantic, along with U2 frontman Bono.

The song is hot favourite to be UK Christmas number one

Record company Universal is responsible for the global distribution of the single, which will be available across Europe, Asia, South America and Canada.

But music fans in the US are still able to access the song and download it on Band Aid 20's official website.

--BBC

Well shit.

I wish Bono would've let Justin Hawkins sing his line. I've already heard Bono sing it, and probably better the 1st time than this time. Justin has a unique voice that can be beautiful at times, would've like to hear him sing it.

Back
Top Bottom