(12-01-2004) U2.com Relaunches...Or Not - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok folks, a follow-up.

i got a reply a minute or two ago from said contact - okay, it's Larry's sister.

anyway, her answer is "Site is extremely busy, pls e-mail info@numb.ie" - take that any way you want

so there you go folks email it!

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Ewen, would that be where I'd send an email if I haven't received my letter? I sent one to the fanfire email five days ago and I haven't heard back yet...

give it a try....i got my letter/card reposted to my new address within a week of asking, arrived this morning.

Many thanks Ewan...I didn't know Larry had another sister BTW. I know he had one who tragically died when she was 9.

So, to follow up on MY tale: I got an email from them on Monday saying I have a "free" acount now, and I have the option of subscribing with the "Express" system they're saying they've set up. This seems to correspond with what the nice "lead" lady on the phone told me.

I said I was going to wait until the middle of this week, when the bugs were supposedly fixed. Some people have been able to get on with no problem, but some still have credit card issues. I'm not worried about my credit, I have plenty in there, but I still don't want to spend more than I have to. I don't have one of these superpowerful computers--I use a college campus library. How long do you think I should wait? Will I get the $20 coupon option? I was going to try today but that now still seems too soon.

In the meantime, let;s hope Larry's sister--IF that's her--gets word to the band and (hopefully) McGuiness. Maybe she doesn't want to tell us anything more than she thinks we should know at this point.

Last edited:
ewen said:

give it a try....i got my letter/card reposted to my new address within a week of asking, arrived this morning.

I emailed them yesterday, and the responded with in 24 hours, which was nice. However, this was the entirety of the response I received:

> Did you notify Terri Panaro of your change of
> address?

First, I'm not sure why that would matter. Second, I explained in my email that, no, I did not. Third, could you possibly explain what sigificance that might have and whether or not you might be able to help me? I responded to them, but I'm not terribly hopeful at this point.

And I still haven't received a response from fanfire, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't see why this should be so hard. They have a contractual obligation to me that they didn't fulfill, which entitles me to this discount. They should be bending over backwards to make sure I get it. Instead, I run into walls every time I try to resolve this. I just want what I'm entitled to.

So, a week later... Still no reply from Fanfire. Still no reply from U2.com. Still no reply from the webmaster. None of my seven free accounts work, and that mysterious "Chris12" account really is not mine (tried my password on it, got an invalid password error message; with the other seven, I get nothing at all, just the main page reloaded).

:mad: Grrr.....

C.

Teta040 said:
Many thanks Ewan...I didn't know Larry had another sister BTW. I know he had one who tragically died when she was 9.

So, to follow up on MY tale: I got an email from them on Monday saying I have a "free" acount now, and I have the option of subscribing with the "Express" system they're saying they've set up. This seems to correspond with what the nice "lead" lady on the phone told me.

I said I was going to wait until the middle of this week, when the bugs were supposedly fixed. Some people have been able to get on with no problem, but some still have credit card issues. I'm not worried about my credit, I have plenty in there, but I still don't want to spend more than I have to. I don't have one of these superpowerful computers--I use a college campus library. How long do you think I should wait? Will I get the $20 coupon option? I was going to try today but that now still seems too soon.

In the meantime, let;s hope Larry's sister--IF that's her--gets word to the band and (hopefully) McGuiness. Maybe she doesn't want to tell us anything more than she thinks we should know at this point.

Firstly, I don't know what you mean by "if that's her" ? I find that VERY cheeky! If I say it's her then it's her...I've know her for almost 20 years and in that time have received photo passes, aftershow passes and complimentary tickets from her. Most fans that have been supporting U2 from the early days will know her. I am NOT posting her email address. The email address I gave earlier is for PROPAGANDA / U2.COM.

Second...Larry had two sisters Mary and Cecilia; tragically Mary died when she was a child.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, good news: tried the site yet again Friday, got my NINTH frickin' username.... and it works! And I went to the subscription page.... and it works! And only 24 hours later, I actually did get the three emails (account, invoice, coupon).

Wow. Now I have, like, nothing to bitch about... :ohmy:

C.

slapshot said:
Strangely enough, good news: tried the site yet again Friday, got my NINTH frickin' username.... and it works! And I went to the subscription page.... and it works! And only 24 hours later, I actually did get the three emails (account, invoice, coupon).

Wow. Now I have, like, nothing to bitch about... :ohmy:

C.

lol, just wait until the tickets are available....i foresee that being a fiasco too.

ewen said:

lol, just wait until the tickets are available....i foresee that being a fiasco too.

Yes, I'm terrified of the whole ticket thing as well. :no:

(And you're right, Ewen, Cecilia Mullen is well known to long time U2 fans.)

Last edited:
Sorry, Ewan...didn't mean to sound insulting. It's just after the whole "Edge posting on this site" fiasco from Sept/Oct, I really and honestly can't believe people the first time around who claim to know the band or people close to them. I had heard stories from people in other mailing lists (including both the old and the new WIRE) about dirty tricks people on this site have used to boost membership of this site over the yrs, but never believed them until now. For people on this site to not only impersonate a band member in a series of posts lasting a week or more, but also post a fake fan "Q and A" session with them, asking fans to submit questions that they told us Edge would read, was absolutely despicable. I'm surprised Paul McG and Co didn't sue. Esp since I think some of them DO read this site at times? I seriously thought about getting off here, but decided not to. Alas, the "blue crack" folklore has proven true.

(and if any of the Staff are reading this post, don't go ballistic please. It's no use rehashing this old can of worms. I think you got caught with your pants down, by several enterprising posters, and are glad people appear to have forgotten the whole thing. Unless you want to re-open the subject? There. End of subject. I promise never to bring it up again.)

So please, Ewan, am I forgiven?:)

I finally registered successfully, got the $20 page, all the correct emails, etc, and have posted in Zootopia. but the experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I am now debating on whether to use the Prop presale or not. From posts I've read the past few days, it seems as if the U2 Fan Club is officially dead. Not only has the mag folded, but the former Prop members are not being given any "priority" ticketing after all. UNless you count the memberships giving us the privalege of fighting like dogs over scraps--for the new way of doing things: the good tix WILL be set aside, but they'll be MUCH more expensive then the public ones, and none of them will be onsale to the public..so it's either take a chance on maybe getting horrendously expensive tix in a TM presale, or taking another chance on the poorer seats alonmg ith the public. You can say this makes things more "democratic" but them why advertise a Prop option at all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom