(11-30-2005) Alicia Keys and Bono to Release Song - AP*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Alicia Keys and Bono to Release Song

NEW YORK (AP) - Alicia Keys and Bono are hoping to save the lives of children through song.

The two superstars have collaborated on "Don't Give Up (Africa)," and will donate all proceeds to Keep A Child Alive, which provides medicine to families infected with AIDS and the HIV virus.

The song will be available exclusively on iTunes starting Tuesday. The pair first sang the tune at a Nov. 3 fund-raiser in New York City for the charity (Keys performed onstage while Bono crooned via satellite from a remote location).

"I love this song. And I love Bono. I really respect what he has done for Africa and how he has used his fame to do good in the world. I hope I can do half as much in my life," Keys, a global ambassador for the charity, said in statement Wednesday.

"I believe AIDS is the most important issue we face, because how we treat the poor is a reflection of who we are as a people. I urge everyone to recognize the extreme disaster Africa is facing and step up for the Motherland."

"Don't Give Up" was originally performed by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush in 1986, and was titled, "So."

---

On the Net:

http://www.keepachildalive.org

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20051130/D8E72A400.html?PG=home&SEC=news

More from U2.com here.

Thanks Larry!

Last edited by a moderator:
HelloAngel said:
Alicia Keys and Bono to Release Song

"Don't Give Up" was originally performed by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush in 1986, and was titled, "So."

---

The original version of "Don't Give Up" was on Peter Gabriel's "So" album way, way back in 1986. I still have a cassette of it.

(jobob shows her age before she runs to iTunes to download the Bono-Keys duet)

Thanks for the info jobob :)

I wonder how this song is gonna be... :hmm:

I have a link to the video if the mod's will allow it. It goes to the organization both artist support.

You can find it on the first link posted in the article.
It sounds very nice.

The song is terrific!
Bono's vocals impressed me!!!!!!

And I do think Alicia is great!

Well done!!

Back
Top Bottom