(11-30-2004) Bono's Dublin Sex Shop Stop -- ShowBiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars2/bono-missfantasias1.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono's Dublin Sex Shop Stop

When you are out-and-about around Dublin each day like ShowBiz Ireland's photographers you will invariably will run into Bono the odd time as he goes about his business.

So there was nothing odd about seeing the world's biggest rock star strolling down South William Street at the weekend looking happy and not-too-bothered about our photographer's attentions.

The U2 front man even stopped and chatted to some fans who couldn't believe their luck to be in the presence of such a big star with no security or diva-like tendencies.

But it wasn't until we got the snaps back to the office that we realised that we had photographed Bono right under the sign of Dublin's top Sex Shop: Miss Fantasias Exotic Adult Boutique.

Well seeing as Bono's been endorsing everything from Apple iPods to Mazzerati Sports cars recently with his Godlike renowned Worldliness we think it's just right that he promotes PVC and Rubber wear, sex toys, naughty underwear and nipple-rings (whether he is aware of it or not!).

Hey Bono, wanna ShowBiz Ireland T-Shirt???

bono-missfantasias1.jpg

bono-missfantasias3.jpg

bono-missfantasias2.jpg

bono-missfantasias4.jpg

--ShowBiz Ireland

Man, the B-Man looks old. That fourth picture pretty much says it all -- the gray stubble reveals he would have an Adam Clayto 'do going on if it weren't for the magic of the dye bottle.

Doesn't change how I feel about him or his music one bit, but it seems a little bit of my youth goes by the wayside every time I see him these days.

P.S. The story is bullshit. He happened to be walking by a exotic boutique when the shot was taken -- not out of it. Not that it would be a bad thing if he was...Ali's got needs too.

Last edited:
looks like Bono was out on the piss the night before this shot was taken...and you're right...he's just walking by that shop

Mac Phisto said:
Man, the B-Man looks old. That fourth picture pretty much says it all -- the gray stubble reveals he would have an Adam Clayto 'do going on if it weren't for the magic of the dye bottle.

Which is why I hope he NEVER cuts his hair or stops dyeing it :yikes:

P.S. The story is bullshit. He happened to be walking by a exotic boutique when the shot was taken -- not out of it.

I agree, poor Bono, he was just walking by :)

First reaction when I looked at the title of this topic: :eek:

The reaction when I read the thread: :laugh:

If Bono only cut his hair and SHAVE he'd look a lot younger.

Ah well - even as Bono "ages" he's still more handsome to me than most celebrities out there. But that's probably because he's such a beautiful person. :heart:

I just can't believe he's walking about the street like he's a nobody! You know it's real cool and stuff and just proves how much his feet are firmly on the ground....however, no security, that kind of scares me....why? I don't want to say but I'm sure the more intelligent of you out there know what I'm fearing.

Anyway, trust Bono to be walking past that shop, lol. Ali probably asked him, after she saw the picture, "get anything nice dear?"

HelloAngel said:
Ah well - even as Bono "ages" he's still more handsome to me than most celebrities out there. But that's probably because he's such a beautiful person. :heart:

What a sweet way of putting it HelloAngel. :up:

There are a lot of us Interferencers here who are in the 40's. :cool:

Well said Helloangel!!

I like Bono more now than I ever have - there's something about him since he turned 40 - especially when he's wearing a black open necked shirt - I have a thing for men in black shirts....... and men in full medieval battle dress.. but we won't go into that now!!...:)

looks more like hes just walking bye the shop
dont belive everything ya read

yeah hes a bit older but still rocks
number 1 album in ireland and uk
and other parts of the world no doubt

a wee hair trim a shave and hes sorted
hes waiting till he starts the tour
hes at home in dublin he can look like
what he wants too lol

BB:)

Everyone ages, some more gracefully than others. Larry Mullen still looks like a 17 year old boy :p As for the sex shop thing, that is cute, I guess Ali is one lucky girl that night :p

You know what's funny? This reminds me of one of my favorite passages from Flannigan's bible. Bono walks past a Japanese sex shop, admiring the lettering. To paraphrase,

"It's amazing. All the writing is so beautiful and it probably just says something like 'pussy'"

maybe the new tour in march 2005 will be called 'SEXBOMB'

LOL bono could be looking for ideas! he he

get the popmart discotheque video gear back on stage
ala village people ...im sure people would luv it lol

gotta laugh all good fun...

BB

Ha ha! Maybe ALi sent HIM out to get some things..or maybe he'd just made a little um, purchase himself?:wink:

I own a lingerie/toy shop and would be happy to help the guy out.......strictly for inspiration purposes of course!

I couldn't resist checking out this provocative thread title...
if the photographer had seen him actually come out of or enter the shop I can't imagine that not being mentioned lol!

But he's looking fantastic to me, that smile is so genuinely lovely and un-selfconscious.

cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom