(11-29-2006) Another Beautiful Night - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Another Beautiful Night

Bono arrived on stage holding high a Japanese flag for tonight's opening show in Tokyo. From Blinding Lights to One Tree Hill, it was worth the wait for U2 to return to Japan. Here's the set list.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Window in the Skies
Walk On
Sometimes
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (in the Name of Love)
Where the Streets have no Name
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

The Saints are Coming
Angel of Harlem
One Tree Hill

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2062

i just posted this on U2ube :)

this is so appreciated, looking forward to a closer view...but thanks so much!!

you WILL hear this on your radio no question over the holidays!
edge was a little rough on the harmony's and back up but overall a "10" being the studio version, this as always with U2 live is an 11!!
It was great to hear the lines so clearly to the final verse...
"did everything but murder you and i"...no chills on that? then you are not human!
for their first opening of this gift for us fans, the boys did a fine job~

the song is currently breaking all over radio, i will update too-
currently as of Nov 20th
#4 in triple A
# 35 Hot AC
no heritage or active rock numbers yet, still out of the top 40 in those formats

Saints by the way, peaked at #7 triple A and #17 heritage rock-

bye4now~

Wow. So maybe they no longer feel like they're obligated to promote the last album since it's been 2 years since the release of it?

Please Standby for Transmission:I watched the video from U218 of the Milan concert.Incredibly stunning visual's and sound and I was only listening through th TV speaker's.I'm going to have to reinforce my roof before I crank it through my sound system at full throttle!I'm going to try and assemble a special meeting at the U.N. and try to get the rest of this gig released on dvd!Milan rock's!!!

Here it's not played at all.... they even say on french radio that this song is the weakest U2 single in years..... I agree, sorry.
However, very cool to have it in the setlist.... which is by the way unbelievable.... BAD, ONE TREE HILL, SAINTS, I WILL FOLLOW, etc....:drool:

no offense...french radio...??
Radio and Records and Billboard will tell the true tale of the success of this single, not french radio!

Jono said:
no offense...french radio...??
Radio and Records and Billboard will tell the true tale of the success of this single, not french radio!

Not to say that this song is weak, but nevertheless a high position in charts doesn't make a song very strong; or good. Sometimes it just shows good marketing.

I like WITS, but have to admit that it's nothing extraordinary.

Back
Top Bottom