(11-25-2004) Snow Patrol to Support U2 in the USA -- ShowBiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Snow Patrol to Support U2 in the USA

Ed. Note: Snow Patrol is one of the acts whose name has been discussed as a possible opener for U2. At this time, Interference.com has not heard anything official about an opening act or acts being chosen for U2's 2005 world tour so take the following report with a grain of salt. To read Paul McGuinness' statement about potential support acts, click here.

When the biggest band in the world plan to take on America you know they are going to need some homegrown back-up, that's why U2 are taking Snow Patrol to the US.

What bigger accolade could a band get then getting offered the support slot on U2's tour of America? The U2 boys will play 35 shows across the US in the Spring.

Well Belfast band Snow Patrol have been tipped for the role by U2 manager Paul McGuinness, he told Billboard magazine: "We love Snow Patrol. Their producer, Jacknife Lee, also worked on U2's album and they're Irish. There's a close connection."

So ShowBiz Ireland caught their act live in the Olympia Theatre last night just to see what Paul was talking about... And from what we saw we think America will go crazy for these talented guys.

Also playing the Olympia this week were former Queens of the Stone Age members Mark Lanagan and Nick Oliver.

--ShowBiz Ireland

I'd be happy enough if Snow Patrol opened. Beats PJ Harvey. They've also been described as U2's new favorite band before.

Macfistowannabe said:
I'd be happy enough if Snow Patrol opened. Beats PJ Harvey. They've also been described as U2's new favorite band before.

I think Snow Patrol is better for a U2 show, but...

I like PJ Harvey :grumpy:

Very much :drool: :combust:

Eskimo Joe rumoured to be supporting U2 at Australian concerts next year.

I like SP!!
Their song "Spitting games" & "Run" are good!
I'm just a lil surprised they'll open US shows and not European shows

Can't say that I'd look forward to seeing Snow Patrol, their lead singer has one of the most boring voices I've ever heard, monotonous and deadpan.
Keane would have been great, brilliant lyrics and a lovely lead vocal mixed with atmospheric sounding piano.
In fact their Hopes and Fears album is one of the best LP's I've bought in a long time, would love to see them live.

The opening act can be Carrot Top for all I care, although Snow Patrol could be more interesting.

I can't remember half the support acts U2 have had over the years!! I think I must have been in the line waiting to get my t-shirt or something when the support acts were on!
I just go to see U2, and if they have a good band opening for them, then that's a bonus!!

Back
Top Bottom