(11-25-2004) More on the New U2.com Memberships -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
More on the New U2.com Memberships

Interference.com member brianpotter recently e-mailed Propaganda and got the following list of FAQs about the new U2.com memberships that should be informative for anyone with questions about tickets and other perks Propaganda used to offer.

Dear U2 fan and Propaganda reader

We trust you have received your letter and unique ID number outlining the special U2.Com membership offer for all Propaganda subscribers.

We know that some of you will have more detailed questions about how this special U2.Com Membership offer works - and we wanted to answer some of those questions promptly.

The following FAQ will hopefully answer most of your questions.

Q - Will there be any more issues of Propaganda ?
A - No, the band have decided that its moment has passed and that the net is now the best way to communicate with the global U2 audience.

Q - As a subscriber I used to get priority booking for U2 concert tickets - will I still get this priority ?
A - Yes, by joining U2.Com. Because your subscription to Propaganda was partly unfulfilled, U2.Com is now offering you half price membership to the all new U2.Com site. This membership also qualifies you for priority booking of concert tickets before they go on general sale in January.

Q - What about non-Propaganda subscribers who become members of U2.Com ?
A -All U2.Com members will be able to buy tickets for the 2005 Tour but Propaganda subscribers who join U2.Com go straight to the front of the line when the concert tickets are made available.

Q - Are all Propaganda subscribers getting the $20 reduction in membership of U2.Com ?
A - Yes.

Q - How many tickets will I be able to buy under the priority booking arrangement as a member of U2.Com ?
A - You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show.

Q - Why is the unique ID number on the card I have been sent so important ?
A - It enables you to join U2.Com at 50% off. If you want to take advantage of this offer, you will need to protect your ID number and make sure no-one else can access it. Once this number is used to join u2.com and take advantage of the ticket offer, it cannot be used again. (If someone else used your number to buy tickets, you would not be able to use it yourself).

Q - What other benefits do subscribers to U2.Com receive ?
A - As well as guaranteed priority booking for concert sales, U2.Com members will also receive a special introductory gift - a stunning credit-card-shaped U2.Com membership card in silver, red and black. Members can also immediately set up their own U2.Com e-mail address (eg. George@U2.Com ) with a web-based mail service like Hotmail. With their unique log-in details, U2.Com members will gain access to exclusive band stories, features and other online content, including on-the-road reports and diaries when the tour kicks off.

Q - Sounds good, anything else ?
A - U2.Com members will also be able to gain free access to full length audio and video streams along with downloads of new U2 material and rare and unseen material.
Plus:
- access to all archived U2.Com news, including features from Propaganda.
- Digital Content such as screen savers, on-line calendar and other tools.
- Members-Only' message boards and discussion forums within Zootopia along with a regular email newsletter to keep you up to speed with band and site.

Q - How About U2 Merchandise ?
A - All U2.Com members immediately qualify for a 25% discount on their first purchase from the U2 Online Store - just in time for Christmas !

Q - Does it matter when Propaganda subscribers join U2.Com ?
A - All U2.Com members will be given access to buy tickets one week ahead of the general public. The more people in membership prior to the general public sale, the more likely we can guarantee your ticket choice. This offer to Propaganda subscribers puts them first in line if they take up membership of U2.Com - guaranteeing priority ticketing. (When U2 tickets go on sale, there is usually quite a rush!)

Q - When can I become a member of U2.Com ?
A - With the launch of the new U2.Com site in the week beginning Monday November 22nd, coinciding with the worldwide release of 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'.

Look forward to meeting you all in the new U2.Com - and on the road with the greatest live band in the world!

Best wishes
U2.Com Team

Last edited:
I am a Propaganda member who has not received any letter or information from Prop., but I did join at u2.com earlier this week and paid the full $40. Should I contact them for a refund since original members are guaranteed the break in price?

So...

Two tickets total (for arena shows) per membership... so, if I want guaranteed tickets for more than one arena show, I need to buy multiple memberships at $40? Or are memberships limited to one per household?

How do I contact Propaganda to find out if my membership is still valid? I haven't received anything for a very long time. Any guidance is appreciated.

I'm a Propaganda member who received a grand total of two issues of the fan mag and have yet to receive a letter of any kind.
Do you reckon they lost track of my subscription info.? :tsk:

I think there are a ton of us here who have not got this letter just yet. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one without a letter from prop right now. The next week will be hell though. The wife and the mailman are not going to like me too much UNTIL I get this letter.

I want to see this tour so bad! :combust:

Great info,

I haven't got my letter from U2 (yet), but I have an old Propaganda letter at home stated that I'm still subscribed.

How can I contact U2 or Propaganda to sort this out? I was prop subscriber from the early beginning, right now it seems like they forgot all about me.

Propaganda

Let me explain what happened to me. ReJoined Propaganda about 2yrs ago ,was previously a member around the early 90's . Had one issue and then got the letter and U2.com Membership Card on Monday 22/11. I am in the UK and as Prop is run from the UK I can only think we in the UK are the first to get the letters. I am sure you will have them soon.
I have not used the card to join anywhere yet as it says the U2.com site will be relaunched this week so anyone who has paid their $40 or $20 so far I would have my doubts as to what it is you have paid for.
HAve looked today at U2.com and interestingly the shop part is down so I think today sometime might be the day.
Good luck and I hope you all get your letters.

considering propaganda has been impossible to join for a few years now, i think its a bit unfair that previous members get to go to the front of the line over other paid u2.com members when it comes to ticket sales. considering theres a discount on the subscription fee already, i think that all u2.com members who have paid a membership fee whould have equal access to ticket sales.

digsy said:
considering propaganda has been impossible to join for a few years now, i think its a bit unfair that previous members get to go to the front of the line over other paid u2.com members when it comes to ticket sales. considering theres a discount on the subscription fee already, i think that all u2.com members who have paid a membership fee whould have equal access to ticket sales.

Amen!

I'm a late U2 fan (since 1998, due to their first best of).. Since then I have the official audio/video collection about complete and am starting to get there with unofficial too (although slowly)... I tried to join Propaganda in the last few years, but no luck (mainly for the tickets, I had last row seat at the Elevation Tour), so now I indeed think it's unfair that the chance is so limited to get good tickets... If all Propaganda members have first pick AND I can only buy two tickets :(...

Ah well, it will always be better than last row again (at least I hope)...

Cheers,
-DanToo Dee!

Last edited:
I understand your complaints about us longtime Propaganda subscribers getting to go first, but I think it's a fair deal. Take those subscribers who've been with them since the very beginning --- like 1986. Maybe they've traveled to Ireland to see U2, maybe they've spent thousands on the band over the years. I think it's only fair to reward them with the most anticipated U2 tour ever!

I for one have been a Prop member for over a decade and I feel very very anxious about this letter (that I obviously have not received yet). It's especially frusruating to get this by snail mail when a lot of people have either moved or neglected to update their addresses since the last issus of Prop (which was over three years ago!). The folks over their should have set-up some sort of online forum for this or something, i mean, snail mail correspondence for something as important as this is crazy!

For those North Americans still in search of the LETTER, please post here with your news!

I've lost my Prop membership number, I've moved since the last mailing, and changed my email address; I can't remember if I changed my mailing address once I moved, but it looks like you can still submit a change of address at u2propaganda.com....if you can remember your membership number and the email address they have on file.
I'm so sad....I'll never get that letter.

How long should we wait until we just pay full price and accept "back of the line ticketing"?

odowdpa --- Not accepting new memberships yet until the official launch of the NEW U2.com.

cburns14 --- Just keep bothering the people to bother... U2.com/Propaganda/etc. Don't give up!

I'm in Ohio (USA) and still haven't received my letter yet either.

I found a copy of a check that I wrote out to Propaganda on April 2001 for issues 32-35. By my count, I believe the last issue was #32 with the cover showing Adam with Bono in mid-air on the Elevation stage. Am I correct?

If so, I am praying that my letter should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. WHY SNAIL MAIL??!!!!!

lukea said:
So...

Two tickets total (for arena shows) per membership... so, if I want guaranteed tickets for more than one arena show, I need to buy multiple memberships at $40? Or are memberships limited to one per household?

That's what I'm trying 2 figure out....is it just 2 tickets 4 an arena show PERIOD, or 2 tickets PER arena show? Some clarification would be nice...

A haiku for your perusement:

Prop member since '88.
No letter has been received
What a load of shit.

- Turner

By the way, I've got a letter here (from 2001 or so). In that letter they're telling me that they have assigned new subscription numbers to all members. My number is 5numbers and 2letters long, is that the same as the one some of you guys already received this week?

I called again today, they said try to join for the $20.00 if you can, which you can't without your Prop ID# which we don't have if we haven't received the letter. If you can't join they will be able to search the database and refund the other $20.00 to you. That is what they told me this morning. They will not have Prop's database until U2.com shop is up and running. They are working on it today.

I told them that a lot of people have not recieved the letter but I think it is the people in the states. If you in the states and have recieved your letter, let me know. Either way join and then contact someone in the fanfire customer service to double check your Prop membership.

It also states your membership ID# can only be used once to purchase tickets. That sucks big time. So basically I paid $40 to buy tickets for one show :grumpy: what about the other shows I plan on seeing!

It seems that some have already joined the new site. All I get is a page that tells me that the u2.com store is down. How did those who joined get in? Did you click on the store link and it worked?

Thanks,
Mike

The other night someone in Randoom had a link to what looked like the relaunched U2.com, but now the link is down. I paid my $40, I have an e-mailed invoice from Fanfire, and I have a subscription invoice from U2.com with my username and password and FNCLB status, so I'm not too worried about what I paid for.

If I paid $40 for two tickets to one show, then I'm a little worried. Especially since TWO of my friends and I have been planning to see this tour together for about two years now. :|

I have browsed around fanfire.com and all they seem to be offering right now are t-shirts. I guess they took the site offline for a bit. Hopefully the doors aren't closed.

I agree about the 2 tickets. I saw them every night they were in Chicago last time, and I am planning on doing more then that this time around.

:huh:

The Disciple said:

That's what I'm trying 2 figure out....is it just 2 tickets 4 an arena show PERIOD, or 2 tickets PER arena show? Some clarification would be nice...

Arenas will probably be the first leg of the tour so you will be able to get two tickets max for that leg. Then when the second leg of the tour starts in the fall you will be able to get four tickets max to that leg of the tour, I am not sure if they will let you break up the four tickets to be four single tickets to four different shows, or if it will be a pair of tickets to two shows.

In the past Propaganda would let you purchase for each leg of the tour.

Also I get the impression that all Propaganda members will be getting the letter. I don't know how they will handle address changes that they don't know about.

I have been a member of Propaganda since the very begining and I for one would always make sure that they were fully paid and always knew my address even before I paid any other bill, Prop was taken care of first. :wink:

Regardless, even if you don't get your letter, I think paying the full price and then maybe seeing if they will refund the 20.00 would be worth it. Heck, I may gripe about paying for lossy music, but I will never gripe about how much it cost to guarantee me a chance to purchase concert tickets to concerts for the BEST BAND ON THE PLANET! :hyper:

:bow: Propaganda :bow:

So peeps try not to stress, even though us in the States haven't received our letters yet. :uhoh:

It would be impossible for them to guarantee you tickets for unlimited amounts of shows. :eyebrow:

I believe in the past we were given the chance to purchase two tickets to two different shows each leg of the tour in the States.
I have always gone to more than two concerts, so I had to get the other tickets just like any other person would have to, by trying to get them when they went on sale to the general public.

Exactly. Are you guys nuts? You can't use the membership "Multiple" times!!! $40.00 gets you EITHER 2 tickets to ONE arena show, or 4 tickets to ONE stadium show. Period. I've been through these things for 20 years now, and let me tell you: $40.00 isn't bad for a fee. The Stones charged $100.00 for a chance at the SAME 2 ticket deal. I can't believe some of you are squawking about forking over an additional $20.00 (The differential with the Propaganda thing). Common sense tells you the tix are gonna be in the $100-$150.00 range, so paying the 40 bucks right now is a steal!!!!!! I'm not trying to be an ass, but after perusing through a few of these threads it really gets comical. I've seen U2 since the early 80's, they are worth the price of admission!!!!!!

Agreed, I will hapilly pay the $40 for what they are offering. Hell, I was considering forking up the cash to fly to NY to see the 45 minute show the other day. As far as I am concerned, I can't put a price on how much I enjoy having a good time, and it doesn't get much better then seeing a U2 concert.

I was just getting a bit excited earlier :)

omphallos said:
Exactly. Are you guys nuts?

Amen ktrout!! I almost hopped in my car to drive down there! I've already checked flight prices to Miami -- Just in case I get crazy and buy those tix!! lol. Here's my plan: Secure Fleetcenter tix (If they offer GA, bingo! If not, I'll get the best my membership allows me). I'll probably sign up for an additional membership (or have a friend do it.) and try for Miami. For other shows, I'll do the ticketbastard thing and roll the dice. You're right, life is short. You have to go for the gusto!!!!

Back
Top Bottom