(11-25-2004) More on the New U2.com Memberships -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ewen said:

Okay, firstly to answer the above and the other two (i think) requests for me to help by forwarding your details.... I am still waiting for my contact to sort out my own predicament, once she gets back to me (she said this week) then I'll forward the info. As for how to do this - I will post my email address here.

Thanks. :)

Got my letter!!! Woo-hoo! My old mailman (well, mail woman) is only a part time carrier. The rest of the time, she works at the same store I do. She remembered what a U2 nut I am, saw the letter on her route today at my old address, and brought it to me at the store tonight. If you live in a small town and have moved since Propaganda quit publishing, talk to your post office, they might be able to rescue the membership letter from the undeliverable pile.

(And for those who have asked, the number on the card seems to just be a random string about 20 characters long, not your old Prop ID number.)

C.

My propaganda letter arrived this morning! It has two mail stamps on it, first it was sent by Royal Mail, but over that is a Stamp of Swiss Mail.
Problem was that Propaganda 'forgot' to print the postal code with my address. I'm lucky that it arrived after all!

I think a lot of Dutch will have the same problem, if U2 forgot to print their postal code (zip code) too.

Now bring on the new site!

(And for those who have asked, the number on the card seems to just be a random string about 20 characters long, not your old Prop ID number.)

Well since I have my membershipcard, I have another question. Can you guys read your code? I can't see the difference between I and 1, or are there no digits involved?

I am italian and had a subscription with Propaganda since 1989, but I still haven't received anything...:(

Still waiting... and wating... and waiting -- for the infamous letter. It would be nice if someone from Propaganda updated the u2propaganda.com Web site, which looks like it hasn't been updated in almost four years!

elevation1975 said:
Still waiting... and wating... and waiting -- for the infamous letter. It would be nice if someone from Propaganda updated the u2propaganda.com Web site, which looks like it hasn't been updated in almost four years!

You could always email fanfire who are setting up the fanclub.. orderhelp@fanfire.com ...Give them your details, including your old Propaganda database number, and they might be able to tell you if your letter has been sent out. They replied to my email within 24 hours.

Hey all, heres an update:
I logged on to U2.com at 9:45 PM CDT and the new site was up. I went imediately to the membership area and had my girlfriend buy a membership. When you go to check out it says "Enter your Propaganda/ID Code here" in which you would put that code you got in your letter (I still have not gotten my letter :( ) After I checked out and paid, I went to go check out the site and it went down for maintenance and back to the old Vertigo page. I would have to assume they are close to getting it up very soon.

Now, for those of you who havent received letters, here is some information I received "Thank you for your email. We are in the process of getting the list of all the propaganda members. Once we get this we can reference it to get you a 50% of coupon to use when you order."

I dont care about the 50% off really, I just care about the priority tickets. Anyway, hope this helps and puts some people's minds at ease. I STILL WANT MY LETTER!! :)

I dont care about the 50% off really,

What I understood is that former propaganda members go first in line for a ticket pre-sale. So if you really want te be sure about tickets, it's better to subscribe as propaganda subscriber.

mstephan said:

What I understood is that former propaganda members go first in line for a ticket pre-sale. So if you really want te be sure about tickets, it's better to subscribe as propaganda subscriber.

LOL I have 33 issues of Propaganda right here....yet I'll have to be at the back of the line for pre-sales with everyone else who has to pay the full $40!! Just because me subscription ran out with the very last issue!!! Anyone else in the same situation? It's so annoying!

Lemon said:
I am a Propaganda member who has not received any letter or information from Prop., but I did join at u2.com earlier this week and paid the full $40. Should I contact them for a refund since original members are guaranteed the break in price?

How did you join if the website isn't up and running yet???

It seems like they bring the website up every once in a while. I keep checking but have no luck so far. They must be testing it or something.

It's so annoying!

You are absolutely right about that! I was lucky, I just had one issue left...

U2 should make an exception about that, I can imagine you're willing to pay $ 40 but they should give you the propaganda status.

Maybe the folks at fanfire can help you?

It's about time for another online petition

digsy said:
i think its a bit unfair that previous members get to go to the front of the line over other paid u2.com members when it comes to ticket sales. considering theres a discount on the subscription fee already, i think that all u2.com members who have paid a membership fee whould have equal access to ticket sales.

I think that's a load of BS. The longtime U2 fans such as myself should be rewarded for their long time loyalty by getting preferential treatment for tickets over the recent bandwagoner. It's called "seniority"

cinmell said:

I changed my address with prop a couple of months ago and received an email from them saying they updated my contact info. However, the letter I received last week was sent to my old address anyway but luckily the post office is still forwarding my mail to my new address. I moved a year ago. So even though you changed your address with them, they may still send the letter to your old address like they did with me.

I got a confirmation email also which is still in my inbox.

well, i'm on my way home now to check my mail an hopefully it'll be there! :wink:

ok, i got the letter, membership card included. it got to my childhood home in Seattle on wednesday of last week soo all people up there should have gotten it around then. and i just got it forwarded here to Phoenix area :D

now bring on the site! :hyper:

Last edited:
Well, I just looked at the "new" U2.com. It looks pretty good, lots of stuff on there....only I can't read it!!!! Apart from the opening page, the otherpages are black with black text! Also, I couldn't scroll down the pages! Maybe it's just me LOL
I haven't joined yet....still annoyed over the situation LOL
I find it sad that after 17 years of loyalty to Propaganda that I should have to join as a new member....and it's not about the money!!

just subscribed, used my prop code... All the characters in the code are letters, no numbers. My original prop id # would not work, only the special code. The 'A's' look like 'A's' but they are 'R's' or vice versa. keep clicking the Refresh link in the shopping cart til you see the $20 off coupon. oh and no shipping cost for me. got welcome email, order confirm e-mail, and a 25% off merchandse code e-mail.

:hyper:

Yeah Sue...

I got the same problem....the stuff looks great but I cant read so I had to highlight it by holding the right click of my mouse and scroll over the text and it should come up!

However, that shouldnt happen at all....it should be readable at all times! So, to the editors of U2.com, OI! Get it sorted! :D

other than that, it looks fab and I had no problems subscribing with U2.com using the special code given to me as a former member of Propaganda. Cant wait to watch some videos I hadnt seen before like Gloria from Boy! :hyper:

dougal

I've sorted the problem out now. It's cos I'm on AOL. I opened up Internet Explorer and logged onto U2.com, I had no problems at all! everything is readable and I can now scroll down the pages.
People are still having problems subscribing it seems....something to do with shipping method....but it worked first time for me and the site is pretty cool!

Well I subscribed on 23rd November when it was in the U2 shop for a few hours and still don't have any Member details as to how to log in to the site :-(

I hope my membership hasn't messed up!

Vertigo Fly said:
Well I subscribed on 23rd November when it was in the U2 shop for a few hours and still don't have any Member details as to how to log in to the site :-(

Try emailing either.... orderhelp@u2.com
Or...... subscriptions@u2.com

This is where I've received emails from regarding my membership

Vertigo Fly said:

Sorry, forgot to ask in previous post.....Did you not receive an email with your order number on it from Fanfire after placing your order for subscritpion?
As you can track your orders on www.fanfire.com/orderstatus But, you need to enter your order number and Zip/Postal code.

Oh boy oh boy, I really wish I was one of those people who got the letter, paid the 20 bucks, had a look around, and completely seized efforts in coming to this overlong thread. But no, I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting for my letter. Oh well. Good luck to you all.

A ha! The new U2.com has a disclaimer for us non-letter-getting Propaganda loyalists...

"If you are an existing Propaganda member, we have a special offer for you, so please do not subscribe until you receive your letter!"

"European members will receive your letter week commencing 22nd November 2004."

"North America and Rest of World members will receive your letter week commencing 29 November 2004."

... they should really add: "You'll get your letter if we don't send it to an address you lived at 5 years ago... and when you stop complaining!":help:

Good luck again, letter-waiters.

Back
Top Bottom