(11-25-2004) More on the New U2.com Memberships -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good God, this is confusing. Could someone just give me a :up: or :down: so I can make sure I'm getting this?

All U2.com subscribers (meaning those who pay the money) get priority ticketing, but the previous Propaganda folks get it first. Is this right?

one4u2 said:
It also states your membership ID# can only be used once to purchase tickets. That sucks big time. So basically I paid $40 to buy tickets for one show :grumpy: what about the other shows I plan on seeing!

That is why you joined, I joined and Dan joined. Three shows right there.

No, they DO NOT get it first. Everyone will be lumped into the same pool. Remember folks, this is a CLEAR CHANNEL thing now. Propaganda is kaput! CC is about the greenbacks. It will be a while before the presale tix are available, so, by then, everyone will have their ID #'s. If the past is prolougue, on the specified date, we will get a link to the Ticketbastard site to get the tix. This is just my educated guess.

HELP A STUPID MAN OUT!

Sorry for the ignornace, but here goes!

I want to see the band in Toronto, as close as possible to the stage.

What are the steps I should take? Sign up with $40 at U2.com, or wait for hours outside the arena once the GA tickets go on sale?

I'm willing to do whatever it takes (except shake hands with Henry Rollins)

(again, sorry for the stupidity!)

Last edited:
omphallos said:
No, they DO NOT get it first. Everyone will be lumped into the same pool. Remember folks, this is a CLEAR CHANNEL thing now. Propaganda is kaput! CC is about the greenbacks. It will be a while before the presale tix are available, so, by then, everyone will have their ID #'s. If the past is prolougue, on the specified date, we will get a link to the Ticketbastard site to get the tix. This is just my educated guess.

That is not what it said. Read what they wrote. They said Prop goes to the front of the line.

Q - What about non-Propaganda subscribers who become members of U2.Com ?
A -All U2.Com members will be able to buy tickets for the 2005 Tour but Propaganda subscribers who join U2.Com go straight to the front of the line when the concert tickets are made available

Last edited:
Yes, 'two hearts', I read that earlier. This is ONE thing I may be wrong about. I give you the props for that. But, and I can't state this strongly enough, I have dealt with Clear Channel for years now and they are not fan friendly. If U2 made it Crystal Clear to Clear Channel that Propaganda members get "first in line", then all kudos to the band; this would be a first!!! The reason being that CC has always just linked you to the Ticketbastard site, so they would have to jump through hoops to distinguish between u2.com people and Propaganda people. It's doable, and I hope it happens. If it does, then U2 deserves great praise for going the extra mile for their fans. In the end, however, like the previous writer said, there aren't that many Propaganda people when you look at the big picture. Just being able to go to the pre-sale should - for the most part - ALMOST guarantee you a decent ticket. Again, this is all just my opinion.

Last edited:
I still havnt gotten my letter either. Im getting worried. The only good thing about this membership is Tickets. but we proberly arent going to get that much selection. Im hearing 2 tickets only per request.

oh by the way u2.com has the same information.

im not interested in GA.. doesnt make you a better fan to be there. so you upclose and agravated from being pushed and ran over by over greetie fans who think the band owes them. Im sorry but its how I feel. I use to think GA was great. I had last time a great experince being up by the rail. But suppose i get in the middle of fans I wont be able to see. In DC i had some tall fan in front of me that wouldnt move. He was like over 6 foot. He could of standed on the side or behind me, But he wouldnt. how greetie is that??? several times i pushed him. Its sucks being short. I rather have a seat, not that i sit. .and have a better few then someones being greetie and their back!

youtwohearts said:

That is why you joined, I joined and Dan joined. Three shows right there.

well your lucky. Noone in my family is going to join and pay the 40.00 that u2 is asking for. I think 40.00 is the highest membership I heard so far. Not even Prince is that high last time I looked it was 35.00.. Bonjovi, i think is between 30-35.

Either way I am joining U2.com although I would perfer priority status, if that is what they are doing, because I am a Prop member. I am going to the show and getting tickets no matter what. Even if I have to do them on e-bay. Paying the $40.00 is no big deal. I just want the Propaganda status if what they are saying is true.

u2philly said:

well your lucky. Noone in my family is going to join and pay the 40.00 that u2 is asking for. I think 40.00 is the highest membership I heard so far. Not even Prince is that high last time I looked it was 35.00.. Bonjovi, i think is between 30-35.

Prince's NPGMC membership is $25, lifetime.

I have been a Prop member from the beginning and still have not received the now infamous "letter." However, I am not concerned. Prop has always done a superb job in the past and this new membership thing will go smoothly. The only disappointing thing is the limited number a tickets one is able to purchase. I do understand the reasoning but in the past, we older folk had access to two shows per leg. Because of U2's tremendous popularity, the only way they could offer more tix is to expand the length of the tour which probably will not happen. I wish they had the stamina of DMB sometimes but it's understandable. Just a little disappointed

The Disciple said:

Prince's NPGMC membership is $25, lifetime.

ahhhhhhhhh it would be nice if U2 would have a 40.00 lifetime membership!!! It would be no lost for them. They have millions. I dont think its fair to pay 40.00 then get only 2 tickets, then you have to go and get ticket that cost high.. We as fans do buy their merchandise, ticket, etc.. they should be giving us a break.. I know they are thankful we are still around. but I do think its outragious in paying so much out.

Early ticket sales for U2.com members..please clarify something.

I just read the Propaganda FAQ a couple of times...and sounds like U2.com members can purchase tix a week prior to public. Okay..sounds good. So, when do Prop members get to purchase their tix? Sounds like prop and U2 members have equal shot...unless I'm missing something.

I registered with Prop during ATYCLB and was able to receive the password for early tix sale...but never received anything else beyond that. So, I don't know if they lost me or what??? Is it possible to reach anyone there?

I'm sure I'm repeating what many others have asked, but I'm just trying to figure all this out.

Thanks everyone!!!

I've been in touch with PM (Principle Management that is and not the Prime Minster) regarding not receiving the Propaganda letter due to my change of address over two years ago and not informing Propaganda - didn't see the point as it had deceased. Anyway I got a reply from them yesterday saying that they'll sort it out for me next week.

"Whoopee for you" you might be saying, well let me finish...if you are a Propaganda subscriber and have changed address then I'm willing to collate and pass on peoples' details. I'm only doing this for Propaganda subscribers so don't waste PMs or my time if you're not. I'll need to know what address you think they have and obviously what your new one is.

Sorry, I'm not at liberty to give out my PM contact's details here.

Last edited:
My letter was in my mailbox waiting for me today!!!!! :hyper:

I'm in the Texas panhandle and my envelope is date stamped Nov 22. So they are arriving in the states.

The shop at U2.com is down right now, but they should be updating it very soon. So everyone watch your mailboxes!

Got my letter today as well. Kind of surprising actually. Wasn't expecting it especially since I thought I was done with my membership BUT I'm happy. The only thing is that we have to buy it berfore the 30th of Nov. I wonder if they will have the site ready to go before the deadline!

SO my question which no one has answered is:

This number they gave you in the Propaganda letter to use when you sign up for the online fan club........IS it a random number or is it your Propaganda ID that was posted on your Magazine mailings in the past?

If someone that received this letter could reply, that would be wonderful. Thanks

Ewen - thanks for offering to pass on details. I'm one of those people - got a couple issues of Prop. and then nothing - don't remember getting a letter or notice that Prop. would be going buh-bye.

And I know the last issue of Prop. I got wasn't too long ago... maybe a couple years ago and I haven't moved in 4 years... so don't know what's up.

How would you like me to pass along my details to you? I'd rather not do it in this general forum.

Please let me know and I'm happy to follow-up with you immediately.

Thanks again for going the extra mile for us!!

Ewen, I'm in the same situation as UltraVioletBoy, but I HAVE moved twice. Thanks for your help! Please advise on how to contact you with our updated info,

SteveGed said:
SO my question which no one has answered is:

This number they gave you in the Propaganda letter to use when you sign up for the online fan club........IS it a random number or is it your Propaganda ID that was posted on your Magazine mailings in the past?

If someone that received this letter could reply, that would be wonderful. Thanks

They send you a membership card in the letter, which has a unique code printed on the reverse. It isn't the Propaganda ID.

Seems a lot of people have not received the letter and the deadline is approaching...talk about last minute planning!

I was a long term subscriber to Propaganda since issue #1. My subscription ran out with the last issue! Therefore, I'm not considered a subscriber. I feel although they owe me no money, there should be something they can do. I have asked them about this and their reply was that they do want to help out the long term fans who's subscription ran out with the last issue and that they would be in touch.....that remains to be seen!!
I'm not too worried though, as the only advantage of having subscriptions owing would be that I get a $20 discount when joining the new U2.com. It makes no difference when it comes to pre-sales tickets....once you're a member, you all get treated the same.

verte76 said:
This is the first time I have even heard of the letters. I haven't gotten a damn thing.

Me either. I sent them a change of address over the summer and never heard from them.

Has anyone actually bought their membership on U2.com yet?
I tried, as the link is there in the Shop. But when you click on Add 2 Basket, it goes back to the homepage. Is this just me, or has everyone else had this happen?

Back
Top Bottom