(11-25-2004) More on the New U2.com Memberships -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:
I have spoken to them on the phone 5 times over 14 days, each time they promised to e-mail me the code, except the time they told me they would call me with it and still nothing. Really irritating.

You too? I've been calling and emailing just as long. If i don't hear from them by tomorrow I am calling them tomorrow evening. They will know that I'm not at all happy with the length of time it's taking to hear back given that others have heard within 2-3 days.
Good luck Anitram.

I Still havent found, what Im looking for........

OK, so I call fanfire today, after getting disconnected while on hold on my first call, I called back and spoke to a girl (who was clueless as to what was going on) After giving her the History of Propaganda and what the letter was about that I was supposed to receive, She took my address and phone number (Didnt want my propaganda ID even though I offered) and said they would research and get back to me. I asked how long would it be and she said a week. I asked since I have been emailing them for three weeks, how long do I wait with no response before I call back again. She said a week. Unbelievable.

elevation1975, you said they just gave you a code via email. How long did you go back and forth with them or was it pretty quick?

It was pretty quick, SteveGed. I recommend you get in touch with a guy at Fanfire named "Rob." He seems to be one of the few who knows what's going on over there. I assume they'll get to your situation at some point, I imagine they have a lot of people complaining about the same thing.

The strange thing is, I actually got two emails back with two promotion codes. One was just from Fanfire, signed by no one in particular; the other was from Rob. Both emails followed the same format and were form letters. So this leads me to believe they're sending hundreds of these out on a first come, first served basis.

I think the best way to handle this is to wait until the weekend. If you still haven't heard anything email Rob at orderhelp@fanfire.com. I assume any emails going to them about Propaganda members not receiving letters are going to a few specific people. I don't think it's wise to call them because you never know who you're going ot get on the phone. Email them and at least you'll have everything in writing.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Rob e-mailed me back but I got bad news. My f'ing membership lapsed or something lame like that. So I will not be getting a letter. So much for being a member in 2001 to Propaganda. A total waste of money. :down:

I got the same email, Iris. It's completely ridiculous. My membership did NOT lapse. I got one issue from my subscription. I didn't accidentally get three other issues and not know about it. And now they're giving me this crap? This is, without a doubt, the worst customer service I've ever come accross. I called them again and they're going to "research it again" for me, but when they don't find me again, (as I'm positive they won't) I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Besides yell at them, that is.

I got the same email as you did, I am NOT happy at all at this moment. I also sent a reply telling them to look it up again as I AM a propaganda member. I am getting more and more frustrated at this point.....

I have received the same email (and received no letter)...however I emailed them back with my electronic receipt from the 2001 purchase of 4 promised issues.

Let's hope they can figure this out! If they can't, I'll wait until the New Year and then join for the $40. Why are their records in such bad shape?

This keeps me awake at night.

They even told me that they'd call me today. ?

Last edited:
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I got the same email, Iris. It's completely ridiculous. My membership did NOT lapse. I got one issue from my subscription. I didn't accidentally get three other issues and not know about it. And now they're giving me this crap? This is, without a doubt, the worst customer service I've ever come accross. I called them again and they're going to "research it again" for me, but when they don't find me again, (as I'm positive they won't) I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Besides yell at them, that is.

I am so angry! Same story here! Got one issue out of Propaganda and these people (by email) are telling me my membership ran out. I tried explaining I was to get four issues out of my membership and am STILL a member. They took my information again (including my prop number) and said they'd get back to me (again)!:mad:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

I wish I had kept at least one Propaganada envelope with my damn code on there. :down:

well thank goodnessI kept online folders. I have found e-mails from Propaganda. Confirming my purchase of a membership in April 2001 along with a confirmation of a mailing address change from Terri Panaro dated Oct 19, 2002 which contains my ID#.

Finally

Well after three and a half weeks of contact (5 emails to fanfire and 1 phonecall), I finally got a response from fanfire via email:

Thank you for your recent inquire about your coupon code, Here is the propaganda coupon code to be used at the time of signing up. Since you were a member prior you will receive the subscription for $20.00 when the couponis applied. Along with this membership you will receive. Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour available for purchase through U2.com. A U2.com email address (eg.name@U2.com <mailto:eg.name@U2.com>) with a
web-based mail service like hotmail. Exclusive band stories,features and other online content Including
on-the-road reports and diaries when the tour kicks off in spring.
Full length audio and video streams and downloads of new U2 material as well as rare and unseen material from the past.
Access to all archived U2.com news,including Propaganda features over 20 years. New Mobile phone content, along with innovative applications like screen savers and digital tools.
Members-only' message boards and discussion forums within the revamped Zootopia along with regular newsletter email to keep you up to speed with band and site. 25% discount on your first purchase from the U2 online store. Here is the propaganda coupon code please enter this in the coupon code area
the same way you see it here, Please hit refresh after entering the code in and then hit check out than is when you will see the coupon applied after you hit check out.
U2PR-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Valid until Nov,30th 2005
U2.com CS

I have a question for those who posted here. Where are you from? Are we all from the US? How did you pay for the Prop subscription originally, online or by snailmail? I'm just wanting to find out if there is any correlation.

I'm from the Boston area and I paid for the Prop membership online.

I'm from Albany, NY. I joined Prop in 1990 and pais, of course, by snail mail. My old Prop # was 13,000 and something. I waited until the 2nd day to sign up, had a problem with my Prop card code (later I found out that subscribing via INternet Exploer was a bad idea snd Netscape worked so much better with this site, at least in my case), and allowed my code to languish in the system for another week with a free registration. A week ago I successfully registered using Netscape and had no problems, was charged the correct 20$, etc, and got all my emails the same day.

PS you're from the Boston area? Good luck getting tix!!! You lcuky so and so--I am trying to see if I can get Boston tix too!! Mail me?:)

Has anyone else here gotten no answer one way or another yet? I never got anything in the mail, I emailed Prop & Firefox, Prop emailed me back and asked if I was still at the same address... I said yes... and now haven't heard anything for over a week... I am worried :(

When is the latest date I should give up on this and just get a regular membership?

It's questionable whether a regular membership is worth all this BS.

scarboroughjoe said:
When is the latest date I should give up on this and just get a regular membership?

Give up now. I'd suggest not getting the regular membership, either.

I was one of the "lucky" few who did get my Prop code and it didn't do me any good. They still charged me the regular price, even though I used the code and the invoice said that the discount was applied. Now I have to try to get this straightened out. :crazy:

I haven't encountered such incompetence in a long time, and I absolutely fear the thought of trying to get tickets through these fools. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them and when I do get ahold of them, I think I'm going to tell them what they can do with their membership and their lack of customer service. :censored:

I am a very forgiving person but somebody better be getting FIRED for all this BS!!! :mad: I asked one of the poeple on the phone why it wasn't handled through the internet electronically and she said something to the effect that it would have taken too long to enter our membership info. WTF?!!! Who is running things there? Isn't there a Better Business Bureau or something to report this to?! Simply ATROCIOUS!

After the first of the year, I guess I'll just have to dish out the $40!

BTW, I'm in Ohio.

Persistance pays off!!!!!

Here's what I got in my email this morning.

Dear Sherri,
Thank you for your recent inquire about your coupon code, Here is the propaganda coupon code to be used at the time of signing up. Since you were a member prior you will receive the subscription for $20.00 when the coupon is applied. Along with this membership you will receive.
(snip)
Best Wishes,
Chris
U2.com Customer Service

**so don't give up people!!!!! If you haven't gotten a code yet, KEEP WORKING ON IT!!!****

Thank you for your replies... I am not so worried about the $20 or $40... I just want to give myself the best possible chance at getting tickets. From what I understand, people who were part of Propaganda will get the chance to get tickets BEFORE the other u2.com members? If that is not true, then I might as well not waste my time trying to get ahold of these people to get to the bottom of my Prop membership.

It's not true.

Everyone who is a paying member (Propaganda or not) will have an even chance at getting tickets.

Back
Top Bottom