(11-24-2005) Don't Have to Be Shy About It -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Don't Have to Be Shy About It

World Premiere: Check out a clip from the stunning new video, directed by Catherine Owens, for Original of the Species.

The video, a dazzling work of futuristic animation, is one of the most unusual the band have ever made.

It will make its TV debut on MTV today (Thursday), airing on the hour every hour..

The video was conceived and directed by Catherine Owens, a long time friend and collaborator of U2 who is responsible for many of the striking visual concepts in the band's live show. The idea grew out of a piece that she was working on to accompany the song during the Vertigo Tour.

The band had their heads 'scanned' in Chicago in September (this will make sense when you've watched it!) and digital effects were developed in New York and LA. The live performance element was filmed backstage at Madison Square Garden in early October and this version of the song, currently at radio in the US, is the one that the band recorded in Holland over the summer with Garrett Lee.

Watch a clip of Original of the Species video here. It is only available as a quicktime clip for now.

--U2.com

Last edited:
OMG have you seen the whole video anyone?! it is soooo good....such a beautiful video

and Bono gives an amazing performance....even takes his glasses off for a change! and the imagery is amazing. good job to the director :wink:

this is my new favourite video :love: :applaud:

mine too... i was surprise i downloaded from one of the forums here, thinking it was a clip from a concert!
It's truly a piece of art... and bono looks super sexy!

Good video. I have a dumb question though-Is the person that kind of looks dressed as a belly dance a guy?

wow i love it, and its such a wonderful singel mix also:drool:
hope it makes the impact it deserves
Original of The Species is a masterpiece:bow:

This video has me mesmerized. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful. Very different than usual U2 videos of past too. I love the futuristic tone to it, it really tells the story of the inspiration of the lyrics.....it's raw, emotional and actually left a few tears on my cheeks. I love it. I'd love to see it on bigscreen now.

I gotta say, I don't really like the song, but man, that is a stunning video, it actually makes the song too. Bono is superb in it, hats off to them, that was something very special indeed.

Very nice video :yes: by far the best of the ATYCB-HTDAAB era.
It remains me 2 videos :eyebrow: :hmm:

U2 - Staring At The sun
Bjork - All Is Full of Love

I knew I should have gotten up earlier this morning! Then I could have watched Jump Start. And I heard that they showed the Music Rising public service announcement during that time, whcih I haven't seen, either! :banghead: :banghead:

Be gentle -- it's my second post. If this question is out of line, please let me know. I am a part of the team that made the "Original Of The Species" video, and at the 11/22 Madison Square Garden concert Bono gave us a shout out. Is there any way, without violating any laws, that I could get an audio file of just our shout out?

Much appreciated...

-Andy M

PS - Thanks for all the kind words -- working on the video was a fantastic experience!

Back
Top Bottom