(11-22-2006) Vox Pop: NZ musicians give their thoughts on U2 - New Zealand Herald*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Vox Pop: NZ musicians give their thoughts on U2

Hamish Gee
(the feelers)

I met Bono at the airport in Christchurch and I asked him for a cigar and he told me to F-off. He was semi-kidding but he just went, "Nah. [expletive] off". The first U2 show I went to was at Lancaster Park in 1989 and that's what got me thinking, "Right, I need to do that for a job". I've been to about three U2 concerts since then.

You could say the Eagles are the biggest band because their Greatest Hits, as far as I know, is the biggest-selling album ever. But in numbers at shows it's got to be U2 and the Rolling Stones. I think they deserve it because I still like them after all these years.

Hollie Smith I love the idea of a band being together for that long because anyone who can do that is ridiculously cool. I'm not a crazy fan of the music. It's more of a respect thing and the idea of what the band has achieved and what Bono has achieved on a personal and political level, that's what I'm high-fiving.

Without a doubt, them and the Rolling Stones are the biggest, because anyone who can stay in a band and stay positive for more than 20 years of being with the same people every day deserves mad respect.

For the entire article, please go here.

Chris Knox

I'm not a U2 fan although I liked a few things I heard on Zooropa and Pop when they went a little more bent, and there was one track that made me think maybe they'd been listening to Tall Dwarfs. But then as soon as they went back to their epic stadium rock I forgot them again. And I also think Bono is a self-righteous, smug and uppity little Irishman ... well-meaning no doubt, but you know.

I can't think of anyone bigger. But there should be someone way bigger than them who'd be better.

"uppity little Irishman ... well-meaning no doubt, but you know."

Yeah, we know an ethnic slur when we see one.

Re: (11-22-2006) Vox Pop: NZ musicians give their thoughts on U2 - New Zealand Herald*

HelloAngel said:
Vox Pop: NZ musicians give their thoughts on U2
Hamish Gee
(the feelers)

I met Bono at the airport in Christchurch and I asked him for a cigar and he told me to F-off. He was semi-kidding but he just went, "Nah. [expletive] off". here.

Obviously Bono know's this guy's a wanker . and he probably wasn't semi-kidding even :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom