(11-22-2004) In New York City - Today! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
In New York City - Today!

The rumours are true - the band are set to appear in a few hours time in New York City. Details below.

U2 will make a brief TV taping at The Empire, Fulton Ferry State Park, east side of the East River, just north of Brooklyn Bridge.

This will be part of a TV shoot - if you are close enough and can get down there, word is that you should be there for 3pm! No tickets required. (Enter the park on Plymouth and Water Street; subway: A or C Trains to High Street or F Train to York Street.)

Great way to celebrate the release of 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'!

http://www.u2.com/news.php?mode=full&news_id=1125

IT'S TRUE - I WAS JUST THERE!!!

So - it is true. The band is set to play today in Brooklyn at approximately 4:15. I was told they were going to play one song, but ther is no way with the setup they have they are only going to play one song. The backdrop is the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline. The band is facing what actually looks very much like the Dublin docks. The original time was 3:00, but I think they want to do it as the sun goes down (they have a lot of lights set up there.) I am going to try to make it back across the river (again) today to catch what promises to be a very dramatic performance.

I caught a quick soundcheck and if you look closely at the pics you can see who I am pretty sure is Dallas Schoo.

I am posting pictures of the site here.

AGGGHHHH - HOW DO I POST PICS????

Back
Top Bottom