(11-20-2004) Reminder: Saturday Night Live With U2 Tonight! - NMC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Saturday Night Live With U2

By Krista Desens

NEW YORK, NY Friday Nov.19.2004 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- U2 will be the musical guest this weekend on NBC's "Saturday Night Live." Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen, Jr. and Adam Clayton will take the stage November 20 to perform two songs from their new album, "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." Interscope releases "Bomb" this Tuesday, November 23.

Actor Luke Wilson will host the show, which airs at 11:30 pm ET / 10:30 pm CT. U2's last appearance on Saturday Night Live was in 2000, when the band was promoting "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

Copyright ©2004, Net Music Countdown ®. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/inc/news_article.php?id=6897

Their last SNL appearance was incredible. Towards the end of Elevation, Bono started running around off the stage, jumped onto a table or something, and really got the place on its feet.

Can't wait for tonight!

Hey, have you all heard they will be in Greenwich village on Monday! Get there around 11 and they should go on by 1-2p~ Washington Park.

Also any leaks as to the location of the KRock listener party with the boys?

Ready for SNL rumor is Vertigo 1st and MD for 2nd.

About 1/2 hr into the show, there's a snippet in the commercial break showing the guys getting ready. The 1st song played is Vertigo. (Hopefully they'll play another!)

About 1hr, 10mins into the show, the played You Can't Make It on Your Own.
1st time I've heard that one. I liked it. :)

So now they're playing I will follow, as a 3rd song! No musical guest ever gets to play 3 songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How'd they get to do that and close the show!?!?! Damn these boys have power!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE BONO!!

And they got to play a fourth song, but only the studio audience got to see/hear it! :sad:

Ah well, overall it was great though! I should be happy. :)

SNL

The last song sounded like the beginning guitar riff to "All Because of You." They sounded incredible. I can't believe they played 4 songs on SNL! Are they ready to rock or what? I can't wait for this tour!

Yeah, that was something else 4 sure. The cast agreed as a few of them were in tears (Amy Poehler & Maya Rudolph noticeably.) I'm an even bigger fan of those two gals now. Why? Because they get it. Plain and simple.

They ROCKED my living room last night--and I was right there with Amy and Maya!!!! Thay just make me SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!

Now I'm even more stoked to see them again live next year.

Back
Top Bottom