(11-19-2004) U2 Return to a Live Sound -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Return to a Live Sound

Veteran rockers U2 wanted there new album HOW TO DISMANTLE A BOMB to sound like a live band playing in a studio, because they were desperate to capture the sound of youthful energy.

Previously famed for their heavily-produced sound on albums including ZOOROPA, the BONO-fronted legends wanted to get back to being a band again after listening to records by younger groups THE HIVES and THE LIBERTINES.

Bassist ADAM CLAYTON says, "It was really down to making the songs work with the three or four musical elements. On previous records we tended to do a live take but then there would be overdubs to get something out of the song. So this is raw and that was the intention.

"We were interested in the interest in 'bands' again, the rawness of The Hives was exciting, The Libertines - so it was for us to let the band do what it does best.

"It's just nice knowing that you can get there with the basic elements and it has a weight and a power.

"I don't know what that chemistry is but the molecules work whether you're in a 20,000 seater or the little studio that we have here and it's like a little tiny room with everyone sweating on top of each other."

--contactmusic

contactmusic is shite. They're the same people who gave us such breaking news stories as "Bono may become full-time politician" (which he won't) and "Larry considers leaving band for acting career" (which he certainly won't). Now they're saying U2 is known for Zooropa (brilliant album, but it's hardly their most known) and calling the new album "How to Dismantle a Bomb." Interesting.

AtomicBono said:
contactmusic is shite. They're the same people who gave us such breaking news stories as "Bono may become full-time politician" (which he won't) and "Larry considers leaving band for acting career" (which he certainly won't). Now they're saying U2 is known for Zooropa (brilliant album, but it's hardly their most known) and calling the new album "How to Dismantle a Bomb." Interesting.

Lol, absolutely correct AtomicBono, and add to that the fact that they hire journalists who can't string words together to make a cohesive sentence... i'll just rely on my own opinions and intuition on this album i think ;).

WHYWHY.

What kind of a moron do you have to be to let that piece of crap pass as an album review.

First, the 'there' issue... and then they call it HOW TO DISMANTLE A BOMB instead of an atomic bomb... and then toward the end they provide a bunch of Clayton quotes (not that that's all bad, it's just shows a lack of research...).

Who runs this show? Geez!:rant:

Back
Top Bottom