(11-16-2005) It's TIME to Vote for Bono - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
It's TIME to Vote for Bono

Oh sure. We've heard it before. Even from the man himself. And though he may or may not be joking, we always take it seriously. Vote for Bono, indeed. And now you can. Well, for TIME Magazine's Person of the Year, though.

At last check, Bono is losing to Harry Potter authoress JK Rowling--62% to his 13%. Other potential winners are that great mystery Mother Nature, Steve Jobs, The Google Guys, and US President George W. Bush.

So go ahead - vote for yer man. Go here. Now!

Sexiest Man Alive'85 vs. '05: Sexy Then & Now
From Sean Penn to Ben Affleck and Michael J. Fox to Adam Brody, see how sexy has changed since PEOPLE's first SMA. By Janice Morris Previous9 of 10Next
SEXIEST HUMANITARIAN

1985: Bono – a budding activist dabbling with Amnesty International – led U2 at Live Aid, the concert that raised $160 million for African famine relief.

2005: Bono – who's worked tirelessly for Third World debt relief – performed with his band at Live 8 to raise awareness of African poverty and target $25 billion in aid. "Bono's in love with the world," concert organizer Bob Geldof told Time. "He wants to embrace it."
NEXT PHOTO
Sexiest Man Alive 2005 MAIN
Try 4 Issues of PEOPLE FREE!
Previous9 of 10Next
CREDIT: PETER STILL / REDFERNS / RETNA; / PA / ABACA
Published WEDNESDAY NOV 09, 2005 6:00AM EST

I cant get the pictures to copy here. Go to the People Magazine website, go thru the photos of sexiest men, way way into it you will find this with then and now pictures...

coemgen said:
J.K. Rowling . . . you've got to be kidding me. :|

If you frequent the massively popular fan-sites of Harry Potter (which I do, being a huge fan) like MuggleNet or Leaky Cauldron - you can see that they also have links to the Time site - where they're encouraging people to vote.

Most of the people voting for JK were forwarded by those sites...

I read one comment by a fellow HP-fan posted in response to who else was in the running said, "Bono? What the hell has he done this year" (Me: :eyebrow:) - and of course voted for JK.

I love JK and her books, but I certainly don't think she's 'person of the year'...

Please take a quick minute to post a good comment under the
"Talk Back" section (to the right of the poll) about why Bono IS the
Person of the Year!!!!! Thanks!

Well clearly the harry potter woman has lot's of faitful fans voting for her, but no merit! she's a great writer, but that doesn't change the world.. Bono has been great influence this year: live aid, The one campaign, dismantle, vertigo tour, speeches, meetings, loving fans, he's saved lives, you name it! come one... let's beat those harry potter fans and vote vote vote...

Back
Top Bottom