(11-14-2005) Live From Chicago, Out Today! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/news/images/1_u2_vertigo_dvd.jpg[/SIMG]
Live From Chicago, Out Today!

'Vertigo 2005//U2 Live from Chicago,' the live DVD of the current tour is released around the world today and in the US tomorrow.

Filmed at the United Center Chicago on 9th and 10th May, the new DVD brings Vertigo '05 to the small screen.

Grab a look at a clip here.

The DVD comes on two discs. The first comes with the full live show, directed by Hamish Hamilton who directed both of U2's previous million selling live DVDs.

The second disc is full of bonus material including Beyond The Tour, an intimate behind the scenes documentary.

The bonus disc also comes with a very cool extra sequence of U2 material, something unique to the Vertigo Tour. This is a startling 'surveillance cuts’ version of the Chicago show, conceived and filmed by U2’s longtime Show Director Willie Williams. The footage uses four remote controlled black and white infra-red surveillance cameras. Trust us – it offers a totally different perspective on the show. (You might even be on it!)

So what’s the tracklisting ?. OK, this is what it looks and sounds like:

Disc One

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry/Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
New Year’s Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Standstill
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

Disc Two

1. BEYOND THE TOUR – DOCUMENTARY
Directed by Erica Forstadt

2. BONUS MATERIAL

- Surveillance Cuts
Love And Peace Or Else
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Cry/Electric Co.
Running To Stand Still
Concept, direction and photography by Willie Williams.

- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – Alternative Video
Directed by Phil Joanou

--U2.com

im going to my first vertigo show in december. do you guys recommed waiting to watch the dvd until after i go to the real thing? would i spoil it?

I would watch the DVD after the concert, but what you see will probably be different than the DVD.

With that said, is the deluxe version worth it? Is the alternate Sometimes video worth it?

thousandfold said:
I'm confused, is the double-cd version with the bonus disc out tomorrow in the U.S. or no? Amazon only has the single disc available.

I ordered the Deluxe version from Overstock.com cuz they advertised it and becuz Amazon didn't offer it. AND THEIR price for the regular version was cheaper than on Amazon. :wink: Guess it pays to comparison shop. Maybe I should have a U2 showing at my house this w/e!!

Here in Germany the price difference between normal and special was so small, it didn't really matter.
Sop I bought the special, and my parents pay. :)

tower records here has the double version on sale tonite and tomorrow for $21.99.

I picked up the standard version "right there at the Wal-Mart" ;) I already watched it once.. Great concert dvd and well worth getting. Sound seems to be improved since the Elevation-Boston DVD and it is also in 1.85:1 aspect ratio so it will fill your HDTV screen! :)

Last edited:
Its being shown at 11pm on channel 4 tonight as part of the UK music hall of fame thing.

I'll be buying the DVD Saturday though, cant wait to see it! :)

Got mine, did anyone else have problems watching it on their computer? I kept getting some nonsense about "digital copyright protection" preventing me from watching it so I had to use my TV. :|

Back
Top Bottom