(11-12-2004) Exclusive: U2 Tour To Kick Off March 1 - Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:
Easy folks, they will be playing more shows than this most likely. They initially only count 1 show in most markets and 2 shows in the major markets (IE New York, Chicago, Boston). Then they add on to those. So there will be more than the number indicated they just dont announce the additionals until first couple sellout in each market. I dont think the 35 totals include the additional dates even though they tentatively plan to have them.

I think this is right - esp as if the tour starts on March 1 and Europe probably mid-June, then (even with a break in between) that's sufficient time to play around 50 shows. Same for Europe too (which I think will include countries in the expanded Europe), with Oz reportedly December that gives plenty of scope to add dates- esp important in stadiums where set up costs play a large part and additional nights yield greater profit.

Mike

why USA again :mad: and not Europe :wink:
ok , we can wait, but where are they start there European Tour....

Do you think it's 100% sure that Europe will be in summer?...:hmm:
Id rather see them here in autumn coz im away for the whole august.... :(

NY shows

U2girl91289 said:
anyone know anything about NY area shows?

What's up U2girl?

Just an educated guess, but I would bet they will play a total of
8-9 NY-area shows on the tour. Probably 5 at MSG and 3 more at Continental Airlines Arena. Expect 2 at MSG and 2 at CAA the first time around and then 3 at MSG and 1 at CAA the second time around....

-MBH
NY

Back
Top Bottom