(11-11-2004) U2's Club Vertigo -- K-Rock*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2's Club Vertigo

For all you kids in New York, local radio station K-Rock has announced the following:

"On November 23rd U2 will release their new CD How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb…On November 21st K-Rock gives you the chance to dismantle the record track by track—with U2. Tune in all next week for your chance to hang with U2 & get an in depth look at the making of the album.

The winning starts Monday after Howard."

Make sure to tune into K-Rock!

That's my Sunday off. :D Do they stream from their webpage?

92.9 Dave FM here in Atlanta is also having a contest:

[q]http://www.929dave.fm/meetU2.html

Quote:

You could meet U2 in New York City! But, to do it, you must DISMANTLE THE U2 QUIZ BOMB. Barnes and Firfer will call you and ask you a U2 question. If you answer correctly, you will be one of five people who have a shot at the trip. If you miss it...no trip for you!
(Must be able to travel Nov. 20 thru Nov. 22)

Fill out the form, and hit submit

First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number where we can reach you:
Times that you'll be at that number:
Official Deadline for Entries is Nov. 19, 2004. All entries must be received by dave fm by that date.

If you're having trouble using this form,
simply mail or drop off the above information to:
Meet U2
92.9 dave fm
1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE
Suite 593
Atlanta, GA 30342 [/q]

WXRT, 93.1, in Chicago is playing HTDAAB over and over again. They have replaced their "New Releases Tuesday" with U2's day this week.

It is distracting hearing commercials every 2 or 3 songs, but it is good to hear it. They will be playing the album in entirety at 9 pm CT for those living near Chicago.

Schmeg said:
Do they stream from their webpage?

no

K-rock has no web stream... you have to be in their listening range in order to win...

When I go into work tommorow, i'm tellin' the ladies who work in my office that next week they're just gonna have to suck it up and listen to K-rock, 'cause i'm having it on the whoooole time... i need to win this... i need to i need to i need to... 4 days before my birthday? a how to dismantle an atomic bomb listening party WITH the band? :faint:

DAMN!!!!!

I was caller #6 on Live 105's contest in San Francisco!

Caller #10 won and is going to NY to see them AND he won the U2 iPod with the 400+ songs as well!

Ryan, if you are out there... YOU ARE A LUCKY BASTARD!!

I WAS LISTENING ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

WWWwwooowwww

:ohmy: :drool:

I am Sooooo Glad I happen to catch this.....!

I do listen to K-Rock as 1 of 3 rock stations that plays some stuff I like alot old & new. But i spend most of time currently listening to Air America { Jennine & Sam on Air America have the best 80'sbumper music!}, so I might have caught it, but chance I might not have.

So I guess I'll go on a K-rock diet next week, and listen to Air America for bit after some one has just won {then it'll be a while before the next winner} or on commercials.

I did win tix to see the Magical Mystery Tour movie {beatles} {a looonngg time a go:wink: }. So we had a theartre filled with Beatle fans.

This would be waaaayyyy more exciting :hyper: :hyper: :faint:!!!

:yes: I hope all of you in the other cities having the conest will win!

Wouldn't in be nice if all we Pleabans in/near the New York area won.:applaud:

QB maybe something still will come up for you :hug:.

Last edited:
Alice 97.3 in San Francisco just announced their contest this morning. Qualifying callers each day are entered into a drawing after 11/17 for two passes to the event (plus all travel expenses).

Nov 15, 2004 12:43 am US/Eastern
On November 23rd U2 will release their new CD How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

This Sunday night K-Rock gives you a once in a lifetime chance… dismantle the record track by track—with U2 at a secret Manhattan location…

Be caller 92 this week when you hear 2 in a row from U2 & you’re in— You’ll also score a copy of the new U2 CD;

And if you hear 3 in a row from U2 be the 92nd caller to score passes to the listening party plus a custom U2 i-Pod loaded with the new album.

* This will be a listening party for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb with all four members of the band… Matt Pinfield will host the event. Listening party will take place Sunday, 11/21 @ 8pm in New York City… Special edition U2 iPod is black with a red click wheel & is autographed by all four band members on the back.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Nov 15, 2004 12:43 am US/Eastern
On November 23rd U2 will release their new CD How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

This Sunday night K-Rock gives you a once in a lifetime chance… dismantle the record track by track—with U2 at a secret Manhattan location…

Be caller 92 this week when you hear 2 in a row from U2 & you’re in— You’ll also score a copy of the new U2 CD;

And if you hear 3 in a row from U2 be the 92nd caller to score passes to the listening party plus a custom U2 i-Pod loaded with the new album.

* This will be a listening party for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb with all four members of the band… Matt Pinfield will host the event. Listening party will take place Sunday, 11/21 @ 8pm in New York City… Special edition U2 iPod is black with a red click wheel & is autographed by all four band members on the back.

I WILL WIN THIS :hyper: :hyper:

I have found three local stations doing the contest...caller 9 at a random "Call now!!" message wins HTDAAB NOW and is registered for a drawing to go to New York.

Obviously I have been as attached to the radio as I can be...damn work for getting in the way! I got a busy signal yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom