(11-08-2004) Finally! It’s in The Shops! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/news/images/Vertigo_CDMaxi_cover.jpg[/SIMG]
Finally! It’s in The Shops!

Vertigo, U2’s new single, is released by Universal Island Records today.

We don’t need to tell you what it sounds like – it’s been an airplay and download hit for weeks – but from today you can buy one of the three Vertigo formats in the shops.

Incidentally, if you are in the UK and you buy the new single from Woolworths, word is that you can get all three formats for just £6!

Recorded at the band’s Hanover Quay Studio in Dublin and produced by Steve Lillywhite, the single also features another brand new track, Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, along with a cover of Neon Lights which was originally written and recorded by Kraftwerk, plus a Vertigo remix by Jacknife Lee.

Vertigo_CDMaxi_cover.jpg

The DVD contains exclusive photos by Anton Corbijn in Lisbon along with a stunning live performance of Vertigo, shot at their studio HQ and directed by Richie Smyth.

The formats are as follows:

CD1
1.Vertigo
2.Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

CD2
1.Vertigo
2.Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10”
3.Neon Lights

DVD
1.Vertigo - HQ video
2.Vertigo - audio with photo gallery
3.Are You Gonna Wait Forever? – audio only
4.Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10” - Lisbon video

http://www.u2.com/news.php?mode=full&news_id=990

:yes: I've got it! Pictures are great, though we have lots of nicer places where they could have shot the photos. I love it!

Last edited:
I got mine in HMV the whole 3 for 6 pound as well think the offer lasts till the 16th for most music stores though better hurry I heard they are selling out fast!!!:wink:

As I understand it, none of these feature the proper Vertigo video, the desert one. Why not?

You are probably talking about the video shot in Del Ebre, Spain. No, that one is not there maybe because it wasn't finished on time for this release.
The video shot at Lisbon is a lot different and it's great too, believe me.

Only found CD2 (bought it) and CD3..haven't seen CD1 yet (want it too).
Thought there would be extra backing vocals on "hola" and "dond'esta" if you've heard/seen that promo clip ???

This Album Rocks! It maybe their Best?

Hey I downloaded it but I'm still going to buy the album cause I'm a fan and the album Rocks!
I listened to the album several times and I have to say it is amazing. I'm starting to beleive when U2 said this may be there best album yet. That is way too early to say but I am really getting into the songs. I like all 11 tracks even Vertigo sounds better and I can see why they put that one out as there first single. But another one which is becoming my favourite is "City of blinding light" Its reminscent of "where the street have no name" The way it build ups is incredible, and Edge is at is best, I love it and it definately doesn't hurt that it is the longest song on the album, I think 5:31. Alot of Songs are reminscent of JT and older stuff. I can see why Bono said this is very much Edges album as you can pretty well hear him in every song. He is just amazing and I have been waiting since AB for Edges masterfull return. Then theres "sometimes u can't make it on your own" If you have children or someone you really care about it you will definately feel this one. "Because of you" also rocks as Edge really struts it. Then there is "Original of the species" which again u can feel the the music and the words. I think I could go on and on. I recommend you buy the album as soon it come out! Hopefully there release it earlier!

Ed.

I got the two CDs today, but HMV in Canada knew nothing about the third, the one in the DVD format. Where can I find this? I checked Amazon as well, and it's not listed. HELP!:(

my mother came hom with all 3 CDS yesterday from HMV, 3 for £6 which is just an offer that makes you buy all 3! i could have survived with just the 1st CD or the 3rd but u2s a marketing machine as well as a band i guess!

Here in southern Michigan, I have not been able to find any of the singles available for Vertigo. :sad: I guess I'll have to order them online. Anyone know of any good deals out there? I also want to get the Limited Edition Box Set version of HTDAAB. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom