(11-07-2006) It's Here, It's Beautiful - Vertigo in Brisbane Set list - Interference*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
It's Here, It's Beautiful - Vertigo in Brisbane Set list

OK, set list afficianados. Vertigo's back on the road, and with our Aussie friends. Perhaps no one is more excited about that than our Axver, and by all accounts he had himself a ball last night. Here's what the band played below.

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation / Streets Of Your Town (snippet)
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Yahweh
8. Walk On
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. With Or Without You / Streets Of Your Town (snippet)
20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Angel Of Harlem
22. Kite

Thanks to Axver and the entire Set List Watch Party!

Wow, count me in as unispired. This list looks like the same old same old with Kite appearing at the end...

Where's Electrical Storm? Where's something from Zooropa? I mean, I love U2, but their static setlist is really starting to get boring...

OMG I NEED THE MP3s YESTERDAY DOES ANYONE HAVE IT YET WHY DON'T THEY HAVE IT YET I NEED MY MP3S NOW.

How long do you think before we see those posts?

A friend of mine called me from the concert while they were playing City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo and Miss Sarajevo. Oh, maaaan. :drool:

Dodgy as....

Only surprises for me are Yahweh mid-set, Saints Are Coming and Streets Of Your Town....

Pop? Boy-October?

I'm hoping for something more inspiring by the time they hit the Big V...and hopefully Window In The Skies will debut down here...

That's a mad encore!

Saints and Kite!

U2 never needed Greenday anyway - I'm guessing it would have sounded a little less... 'drummy' without them!

And Walk on, Oh yes!

It's like a best of the last two tours gig, Great stuff - Wish I was there.

That's a great setlist, especially the encore. I have never expected great surprises and experiments. Some of us often seem to forget that a concert audience is not made up of hardcore U2 fans. Most people want to hear classic material combined with newer stuff, and this setlist works just fine. It must have been a great show and I am very happy for everyone who was lucky enough to attend and enjoy the concert.

Streets of your town! I'd LOVE to hear them do that. One of my favorite all time songs. I wonder if it was a popular song in Australia. Don't think The Go-Betweens ever really got played in America much.

Bono's friend, Grant McLennan

Hi Everybody!
We are putting together a tribute compilation to Grant McLennan, who passed away suddenly this past May. For those who may not know, he was the co-founder of a band called The Go-Betweens, and toured with U2 in Europe just before they split up. Anyway, Bono and Grant were fairly close friends. It was Grant's "Streets of Your Town" that U2 played a snipped of during "With or Without You" at the concert in Brisbane.

The Go-Betweens meant the world to us, and Grant's death reminds us how profound an impact his songwriting had on fans around the world. So, we're putting all our heart and soul into this project - and contacting bands that had a personal connection to the Go-Betweens to record a cover of one of their songs. We'd like to invite Bono to record "Streets of Your Town" for the tribute. We know this is a long shot, but if anybody here can point us in the right direction (contact emails, phone numbers, agents) or at least get the word out to the band or band's management, we'd be very pleased. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Dave & Sherri
rare victory records

I don't think that the connections here reach that far (or not yet ;)), but try www.u2.com, the official site. There may be an email to contact the site staff and they have closer contact to the band.

would i get banned if i uploaded the new song window in the skies?

and if not where and how do i upload it too?

thanks a lot

for what its worth - its a very catchy song but not really as good as i hoped for, still its u2 and it does grow on you and the lyrics are awesome

Back
Top Bottom