(11-06-2004) U2's Atomic Bomb Leaks - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2's Atomic Bomb Leaks

Late Friday night, U2's eagerly anticipated new album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" leaked onto the internet to the dismay of its record company who had thus far orchestrated a very tight preview schedule for journalists worldwide.

No word yet on what label bosses plan to do about the leak, or if this will bring the album forward from its original Nov 22nd world release date and Nov 23 domestic release date. When the "Atomic Bomb" went missing in France this summer, Bono was quick to state that a leak would bring the album forward on iTunes immediately. Given the band's recently announced partership with Apple, this possibility could not be far off.

Early fan reaction was overjoyed, ecstatic, and in the words of one poster, "U2 have done it, people. This is amazing. I can't contain myself."

Stay tuned for fan reviews!

The songs are increadibe. I'll tell you this: It's not Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby, but it's better than All That You Can't Leave Behind for sure :drool:

Can you "you send it as couple?" or tell us where we can get it? I am dying to haer them. I will ofcourse d/l them but I am planing on buying 3 albums when it comes out, 1 for me 1 for my gf and 1 for my bro! but now i wannna hear sooo badly!!!

I wouldn't count on JT and AB being better yet. This album has amazing potential -- it is THAT good after a couple of listenings. It is definitely better than ATYCLB, and it will take at least a year to see how it compares to JT amd AB.

GREAT STUFF!!!

Somebody just post a link.
Respect..blah, blah, blah.
Bono, and Universal will still rake in 100's of millions of dollars this year. The Bomb will still be platinuim, just like any other U2 record.

MORALS... MORALS... MORALS... AAAAAAAHHHHH....

I'm going to wait. But I look forward to everyone's opinions!

Like Vertigo, hearing a leak would not affect my purchase. I would still buy it. I have owned most of U2's albums several times over. First I bought them (up to AB) on vinyl. Then several were replaced by cassettes and now all on CD. JT, War and UABRS have been replaced again as the CD's became scratched. That means I have purchased JT 4 times and War three times.

So I wouldn't feel bad about hearing leaks. I would feel bad if it hurt album sales, but I think leaks tend to fuel sales more than hinder. Leaks are never as good as the real thing.

Wow, my morals lasted long. 7/11 done! :wink:

We all should swear that we are going to buy it, though... I know I am.

Check out Where The Album Has No Name for links to songs.

They're amazing, I tell ya. I'm still excited for the 23rd though, when I can get my hands on the real thing. :drool:

Come on, you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves... I've had the songs for a couple hours now and it is NOT better than joshua tree... you got to be kidding me. Not one song on atomic bomb comes close to streets, or with or without you. Having said that, it is better than any other CD out there you can buy right now... and usually even U2's songs that aren't hits are still better than anything you'd hear on the radio. The new CD is good, but I'm not sure yet if it stacks up against atyclb yet.

There is a link in "where the album has a name" forum.... It's all over usenet and i'm sure IRC, and kazaa... there's lots of places to get it.

Could someone please help and send me the songs or the link or something? Trust me when I say I'm buying the box set as well as the ipod and the compilation from itunes... I just really wanna hear this album.

yeah! a link please! everyone is going to buy the album anyways! some of use j8ust want can't wait!

I'm definitely going to burn this immediately and then buy it as soon as the shops open up on November 23rd. I haven't heard it yet though!!!

I agree with elevation. We are all going to buy the album and its special edition. so of all the people in the world, I think we should have the least concern with the "moral issue".

This album is amazing. Every song is a classic. Some people have been saying that One Step Closer is a grower. In my opinion this is one of the best songs on the album, although it is hard to pick a best song on this album.

Robert

well i kinda broke my "rules and have downloaded a couple.. or a few.. or mebe the whole thing in a while eep, all i can say is .. well so far, original of the species is a MASTERPIECE and miracle drug is well it builds up like alot of classic u2 songs, wouldnt call it a classic but its interesting and it grows on you, gets better with more listens.

Back
Top Bottom