(11-06-2004) U2's Atomic Bomb Leaks - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of us are going to buy the new album so I think it should be ok to download the tracks (however let me state for the record that I am not going to do it). I bet some of us will not buy it, and that's ok because you win some and you lose some. BUT I really don't agree with further distributing this leak to the rest of the world, including non-U2 fans who will almost assuredly not buy the album. :(

I also wonder when the RIAA or whoever it is out there trying to spoil everyone's fun will start searching forums like this one for information to prosecute people. I wouldn't be surprised to see new laws come up allowing them to do that. That would be a sad day indeed for file sharing.

irelandwhispers said:
I also wonder when the RIAA or whoever it is out there trying to spoil everyone's fun will start searching forums like this one for information to prosecute people. I wouldn't be surprised to see new laws come up allowing them to do that. That would be a sad day indeed for file sharing.

Well, I hope the RIAA show up at my house after the 23rd. So I can show them my 2 regular CD's, my Collectors Edition and the Vinyl that is going up over my fireplace (to keep the other's company).

Note: This is not directed at you. I see where you're coming from. I just don't think the RIAA will come after a forum like this because the people on this U2 forum will probably not only buy the album, but a lot of them will buy every single piece of merchandise the band puts out with this release.

They should go after the source, and those places where people are downloading just to make a buck.

Where has the love gone? people have the right to express their opinions but not shove them down each others throats, call ourselves u2 fans? the world is indeed in darkness tonight.

so some people dont want their bands hard work thrown at the world for free and some think after four years they deserve it as u2 fans. respect both sides, they both have substantial fibre to them.

Personally I downloaded 5 tracks, a lil guilty but im glad i left some for the element of surprise when the CD comes out. Im extremely tempted to download all because of you because of the massive praise for it but I think whats important is if you want to be listening to the CD and heare something new, or you dont mind expiring all your excitement and hype with a sudden knock of your door with the album practically handed to you on a silver platter. It's your decision, i took the midway route. of what ive heard city of blinding lights is my fave.

U2's new album KICKS ARSE!!

Last night I found U2's new album and I can tell you guys that it's an instant classic! Ass (or as Bono would say, "Arse") has officially been kicked! It's no Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby, but I think it's their third best. "City of Blinding Lights," "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own," "All Because Of You" and "Original Of The Species" all sound like potential singles to me. I hope they move up the release date now that it's one the web. Finally let me say this -- and I think I speak for true U2 fans everywhere -- if you manage to get a copy of the album online, PLEASE BUY IT LEGALLY when it's released in stores. I for one plan to get the collector's edition.

Last edited:
The real issue isn't whether us U2 fans who have each spent hundreds or thousands over the years download the new album. I'm sure each of us will buy it whether we download it early or not. But there are many people who say that because of the internet, the only CD's they will buy are blank CD-R's -- and that is wrong. I'm really glad it didn't get leaked months ago.

Data here is my take on it.

I just got off the phone with a guy who works in a used record store and is a U2 fanatic. He and I are sort of friends and he didn't even know about the leak till today and as a fan I called him up and said "Hey would you like to have a chance to listen to ths New U2 album" And I explained about the leak and he was extatic! Both of us are going to buy the album thats obvious but the way I see it is as long as you spend money on the albuk your not stealing from artists............If a album leaks a few weeks ahead that gives fans a chance to really listen and make there own opinion.

Getting a copy on cdr has not changed my decision to buy the album when it comes out.........I love the new album and I will support my favorite band :)

I am way old school. Haven't even seen the link to it but I can wait another couple of weeks to get to hear it. I think whoever has heard it will of course buy it as well. You can't leave your U2 collection without this new album now can you:no:

wormwood said:
BloodRedSky2k5:

If Interference should do anything, it is to ban your snotty/condesending ass!! No one here wants to be shat upon by you. Go tell it to Lars Ulrich !!
After the thousands of dollars Ive spent in the past on concert tix, CD's, merch, etc...and the hundreds I'll spend in the coming year, ALONG WITH EVERY ONE ELSE HERE, I don't think U2 will be hurting too much. As a matter a fact I can guarantee, they will be vacationing in the South of France, once the tour is over...While I try to catch up on the bill's I let slide to go see the band numerous times!! And your point about the "label employees", is nuff' said about your little slam. Either 1. You are one of them, 2. Your a sad person who just needs to crap on someones face, or 3. You have a VERY skewed view about the economics of the record industry...if so do some homework, and get the corn cob out of your damn kilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was with you all the way but you had to spoil it with your last sentence didn't you? i hope you'll have the decency to apologise to us Scots for that comment.

Anyway, continuing on...

Something I always remember U2 (think it was Bono) saying in an interview on radio 1 in 1988 was something about copying music spreading music - in this day and age that applies to file sharing. I really don't think U2 (and I'm 99% certain of it) are bothered about the fans downloading songs, they know we're going to buy the album in all it's formats. What they're bothered about are the bootleggers burning masses of CDs to sell at car-boot sales to the people who don't participate in Interference.com forums....i.e. the large percentage of album buying public who are not hardcore U2 fans.

My apologies to you sir, I meant no offense to you, or your peoples. My great-grandfather was either scottish, or irish..(Not sure which) I was only meaning to end my rant by releasing my tensions towards "Senior Asshole". Guess I made one out of myself there. Anyway...sorry if you felt "Racially" put on. Anyway, glad the masses feel the same as us....

--Peace

no hard feelings, yer a braw man for apologising :)

I just downloaded the album and it sounds really great, it's one of the best albums they have made. And for all the people who doesn't want to download it, you are missing a lot. And i'm still going to buy the album over two weeks, because a real fan doesn't take enough with a downloaded album, they want the original one.

The new U2 album leaked out. I don't care 'cause I can wait a few more weaks. I have self control. An album sounds better when I hear it the way it was meant to be heard.

I didn't download the "Vertigo" single when it leaked. I heard it the way it was meant to be heard on rock 101.

I didn't download the "Vertigo" video. I viewed it the way it was meant to be viewed during the Much Music countdown.

You get my point.

Music is a gem and should be treated as such.

i don't have a computer with a sound card so my morals are going to be intact...but that's beyond my control.

i would have them all d/l if i could. :eek:

lets face it anyone who is interested enough to look for it and download it is probably a big fan anyway so sales won't be harmed. Nor will the bands bank balance either. If anyone has any problems they should remeber that it was probably the band that leaked it in the first place to help push the hype up another notch. Anyone who doubts this is naive.

I had already hear 3 or 4 tunes anyway and liked them but having listened to half of it so far I'm a bit dissappointed in it which has never happened with a U2 album before. Where it's good it's really good, Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights but the 3 in between, Miracle Drug, Can't make it on your own and Love and Peace or Else must be growers cos on first listen to me they are overrated. Then again if you go around saying your new album is your best ever it raises the stakes......

Anyone want to bet that I am posting a message in an hour or two saying every song is great and it is the best album ever????......Hope so!

on second listening Miracle Drug is brilliant!!!!!

I was wrong!!! This album IS the Dog's Bollocks. Absolutely brilliant. Bono's singing sounds better than ever. Can't wait for the 22nd and the tour.

Vertigo is the one song one the album that doesn't fit in and throws you even though it is a brilliant song it doesn't gel with the mood of the rest of the album. On a first listen the album sounds a bit laid back after that as an opener but it doen't when you listen the second time and you get over that shock.

This album sounds like it is as good as the hype!!!!

This Album Rocks! It Maybe their Best!

Hey I downloaded it but I'm still going to buy the album cause I'm a fan and the album Rocks!
I listened to the album several times and I have to say it is amazing. I'm starting to beleive when U2 said this may be there best album yet. That is way too early to say but I am really getting into the songs. I like all 11 tracks even Vertigo sounds better and I can see why they put that one out as there first single. But another one which is becoming my favourite is "City of blinding light" Its reminscent of "where the street have no name" The way it build ups is incredible, and Edge is at is best, I love it and it definately doesn't hurt that it is the longest song on the album, I think 5:31. Alot of Songs are reminscent of JT and older stuff. I can see why Bono said this is very much Edges album as you can pretty well hear him in every song. He is just amazing and I have been waiting since AB for Edges masterfull return. Then theres "sometimes u can't make it on your own" If you have children or someone you really care about it you will definately feel this one. "Because of you" also rocks as Edge really struts it. Then there is "Original of the species" which again u can feel the the music and the words. I think I could go on and on. I recommend you buy the album as soon it come out! Hopefully there release it earlier!

Ed.

:huh: I've got no more voice, nothing else to say, they just got hit by perfection again..... after so longggg...... when listening to Yahweh i just want to jump through the window and fly away.

Peace

Does anyone in LA know why KROQ has played the album today? 11-09-04. I heard four songs during the Kevin & bean show. They are gonna play the rest thru out the day. Anyone?:(

Man, I jumped on this late! Almost all established links are down. All I've heard is Love & Peace and One Step Closer. If anyone out there wants to take pity on me and hit me up w/ the full ablbum, please e-mail to ps3723_24@hotmail.com. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard the album today, and i must agree with an earlier poster. Vertigo is an incredibly misleading track. The remainder of the album, outside of a few riffy refrains, in decidely less raucous. It seems less rocky more lazy day listening.

I have to respectfully disagree with those who have already compared this effort to JT and AB. Joshua Tree was a richly spiritual, musical journey into new gospel. Achtung Baby is a masterpiece of pop, lyrically and melodically-and pure sonic sex. Bomb's legs are far too stumpy to run with either of those albums. I think Pop is a better album, as well, although i'm sure this one will be marketed far better. (Partnering with apple doesn't hurt.)

But what really drives me batty is those synth strings on "original of the species." That really turns a great song to shyte. come on boys, you're the biggest rock band in the world....get yourself an orchestra. Synths just make it sound cheesy and adult contemporary.

And I really don't get the album's title, either.....what does it have to do with anything? Love and Peace or Else is the closest thing to a "lennonish" protest song...but i'm having trouble reconciling the remainder. I expected an album with that title to rock wall to wall.

all in all...still an enjoyable listening experience. but i do think the years have dulled the edge a bit. (no pun intended.)

also....i think all this bickering about the morality of downloading the album is so overdone. i hate sifting through a firefight to find what people are saying about the music.....because that's all we really care about anyway, right? Please post your thoughts.

Agree that the argument about downloading is pointless. All of us are gonna buy. I already have heard it but I will be buying the limited edition one with the DVD which will cost about £20 or £30. As I have got the album now am I still in the wrong?? My curiosoty got the better of me like most. The people to target are the ones selling bootleg versions. I had 4 U" CD's nicked from my car when my CD player was stolen. Is it wrong to download them till I can afford to buy them again? Bearing in mind I have already paid £15 for each of them and will have to do so again (and I will) to keep a band worth £100 million happy and a record company worth a lot more? If you want to bring moraltiy to the argument then direct it at the record companies who charge £15 for a CD thtat costs 50p. If CD's were between £& to £10 they would sell far more and file sharing networks would die. As long as they can cream top dollar though to line their pockets it won't happen.

Anyway. To reply to the previous post. I agree to an extent. I was initially a little dissapointed but on a second listen more of the tunes grew on me. Now I have listened to it a few time I think it is awesome. Whether or not it is as good as AB or JT remains to seen as it is too soon to say but the band have made 4 classic albums AB, JT, ATYCLB and this one.

Original of the Species is one of the best songs ever. I heard the apple version and at first though the strings were out of place but they grow on you. Should be a Xmas No 1 everywhere if they have the sense to release it next.

to reply to myself I forgot to point out that the only people who wiol bother looking on file sharing networks for the album are die hard fans who will buy it anyway. Even then only half of the die hard will do so as the rest wil wait. Sales will not be affected at all. Certainly not when the album is as good as it is.

goodbye

I just got the album yesterday, and I have listened to the whole thing through about 10 times and it gets better with everytime. It really is outstanding. I think the best songs are Miricle Drug, Yahweh, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own, Crumbs From Your Table, City of Blinding Lights. Does anyone know if this version is the absolute final edit and mix? It seems to me that some of the production is a bit odd, not bad, just different. The songs seem very complex which is a stark contrast to ATYCLB. I was going to wait for the album to come out and then I said "who am I kidding" and then immediatly downloaded the album.

I hope this album does really well around the world. Looks like I will have to be making a few extra trips to see the boys in concert.

I of course will still be buying the special edition album.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom